Five reasons why Carlos Carvalhal should remain Sheffield Wednesday manager

Just now, heppers said:

True story.

Brighton had a similar experience the year before.

Yeah and the following summer, the manager addressed the areas he needed to strengthen. Brought in Duffy and Murray and completed the job. Didn't start spunking money on mid aged high earners looking for another big pay cheque.

1 minute ago, runningaround said:

That I can agree on. However I do think he is a solid manager who will get top 6 again. For auto we need to fill the obvious holes (beast of a CM like Diame and pacy skilful winger as an option) and tbh I’m not sure CC calls the shots with this totally. We have an egomaniac of a chairman and I do think it’s ultimately slowing the clubs progress forward 

I don't know fella, suppose we can hope something changes for the good. I just have the mindset that CC is not the man to take this club further and results like yesterday only strengthen my thoughts.

Just now, Coyt said:

I don't know fella, suppose we can hope something changes for the good. I just have the mindset that CC is not the man to take this club further and results like yesterday only strengthen my thoughts.

Hope he pulls it round. Not saying I’m against change if he doesn’t but there’s time. Middlesbrough, most people’s pick for autos are just a place above. Bolton for me were very fortunate and I’m watching on ifollow here in HK. Let’s hope there’s a run of good results now 

3 hours ago, nethertonowl said:

Lots of reasons why he has to go ,but in short, he doesn't have a strong leader in the squad,( if Loovens is out) a big powerful presence. We can get away with it at home, but are and have been away from home in the whole time he has been manager.

Trouble is he refuses point blank to accept it.

Instead he insists on allowing  and encouraging Bannan to dictate play. Sorry but  we  will never got promotion if Bannan is calling the shots away from Hillsborough.

Our short comings are exposed away from home, Preston Bolton x2 Burton, Birmingham.

Yep

Any team that has any physical or athletic presence must laugh their socks off when they see a midfield with Jones, Wallace and Bannan in it.

It was wrong at Bolton and it will never ever get us promoted. It is just total nonsense.

Too weak , too slow , too old ....

1 minute ago, oldishowl said:

Yep

Any team that has any physical or athletic presence must laugh their socks off when they see a midfield with Jones, Wallace and Bannan in it.

It was wrong at Bolton and it will never ever get us promoted. It is just total nonsense.

Too weak , too slow , too old ....

This is more to the point, we need to figure a way to combat units in midfield and at the back for these tests. Someone like Diame would be perfect for us away from home. 

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Sheffield-Wednesday-manager-Carlos-Carvalhal-before-the-game.jpg

The Sheffield Wednesday manager is under fire after a series of disappointing results but there are attributes and qualities that this man has that give him great credentials to remain manager of SWFC.

1. He stays professional, calm and classy under pressure
Social Media is never the best when disappointing results come in and Carlos has had his fair share of abuse over the last few weeks and been called all the names under the sun (WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS??). He's also been asked some straight forward questions regarding the results and challenges that he's experienced. During this time he's remained calm, professional and above all classy when hit by his critics. For me this is the kind of personality I want representing our football club. Especially given some of the managers we've had in the past to put up with *cough* Dave Jones *cough*

Carlos Sheffield Wednesday.jpg

2. On paper he's delivering continual improvement and higher finishes each season

Whatever your opinion currently regarding Carlos Carvalhal the truth is that facts don't lie. On paper he's been at Sheffield Wednesday and delivered year on year improvement with higher finishes each year. In any other business you'd not fire that person but give them a payrise.

If Sheffield Wednesday's trend of finishing higher in the league each season continues then it's simply a matter of time before we're guaranteed to be in the Premier League. That's the facts of the matter. Whether you agree or not is irrelevant as it's down there in black and white. He's delivering.

skysports-carlos-carvalhal-sheffield-wednesday-close-up-on-touchline_4090830.jpg

3. He takes full responsibility for his players and his results

Carlos Carvalhal isn't a football manager who ever shirks his responsibility and during his last few press conferences I've lost count of the number of times he's took full responsibility for his results. Admirable trait to have and again something I like to see in managers at my football club

sheffield_star.jpg

3. What he says makes total sense

You might mock the £20 note press conference (I know I did - it was funny right?) but everything he said regarding that poor battered note was bang on. This is just one example of what he says being spot on and making total sense.

The delivery might not be as clear as you might like but this is a Portugese professional living and working in England and learning the language. With a bit of patience you listen to him and when you take all the heat, passion and anger out of what you're feeling you realise he speaks the truth. He never lies. He just states it as it is and it's always sensible and correct.

carlos-carvalhal-sheffield-wednesday-carvalhal-at-training_3764384.jpg

5. He has had a few big things go against him
This is a manager who's been without Loovens, Kieran Lee, Fernando Forestieri, Kieran Westwood and more major players that would impact any team. The squad has been depleted of quality and as a result we're not fielding our strongest side. Much has gone against Carlos at Sheffield Wednesday this season. Is it fair to penalise the manager when the players aren't fit and making basic errors or is it wiser to stick with a manager we know and trust who has a track record of year on year improvement, who's delivering more possession per game and goals per game than any other Sheffield Wednesday manager in the last 50 years?

There you go

Five (good) reasons to keep Carlos. 

I'm backing him. Join me. Carlos IN

Come on Neil, times are tough, stop teasing us.

1 hour ago, runningaround said:

Yes I sit here and clap every single match day with no critical ability to think then call for the gaffers head after a few bad results. Isn’t that the so called clapper way? 

A few bad results?

seriously??

• Like 1

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Sheffield-Wednesday-manager-Carlos-Carvalhal-before-the-game.jpg

The Sheffield Wednesday manager is under fire after a series of disappointing results but there are attributes and qualities that this man has that give him great credentials to remain manager of SWFC.

1. He stays professional, calm and classy under pressure
Social Media is never the best when disappointing results come in and Carlos has had his fair share of abuse over the last few weeks and been called all the names under the sun (WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS??). He's also been asked some straight forward questions regarding the results and challenges that he's experienced. During this time he's remained calm, professional and above all classy when hit by his critics. For me this is the kind of personality I want representing our football club. Especially given some of the managers we've had in the past to put up with *cough* Dave Jones *cough*

Carlos Sheffield Wednesday.jpg

2. On paper he's delivering continual improvement and higher finishes each season

Whatever your opinion currently regarding Carlos Carvalhal the truth is that facts don't lie. On paper he's been at Sheffield Wednesday and delivered year on year improvement with higher finishes each year. In any other business you'd not fire that person but give them a payrise.

If Sheffield Wednesday's trend of finishing higher in the league each season continues then it's simply a matter of time before we're guaranteed to be in the Premier League. That's the facts of the matter. Whether you agree or not is irrelevant as it's down there in black and white. He's delivering.

skysports-carlos-carvalhal-sheffield-wednesday-close-up-on-touchline_4090830.jpg

3. He takes full responsibility for his players and his results

Carlos Carvalhal isn't a football manager who ever shirks his responsibility and during his last few press conferences I've lost count of the number of times he's took full responsibility for his results. Admirable trait to have and again something I like to see in managers at my football club

sheffield_star.jpg

3. What he says makes total sense

You might mock the £20 note press conference (I know I did - it was funny right?) but everything he said regarding that poor battered note was bang on. This is just one example of what he says being spot on and making total sense.

The delivery might not be as clear as you might like but this is a Portugese professional living and working in England and learning the language. With a bit of patience you listen to him and when you take all the heat, passion and anger out of what you're feeling you realise he speaks the truth. He never lies. He just states it as it is and it's always sensible and correct.

carlos-carvalhal-sheffield-wednesday-carvalhal-at-training_3764384.jpg

5. He has had a few big things go against him
This is a manager who's been without Loovens, Kieran Lee, Fernando Forestieri, Kieran Westwood and more major players that would impact any team. The squad has been depleted of quality and as a result we're not fielding our strongest side. Much has gone against Carlos at Sheffield Wednesday this season. Is it fair to penalise the manager when the players aren't fit and making basic errors or is it wiser to stick with a manager we know and trust who has a track record of year on year improvement, who's delivering more possession per game and goals per game than any other Sheffield Wednesday manager in the last 50 years?

There you go

Five (good) reasons to keep Carlos. 

I'm backing him. Join me. Carlos IN

Are you on medication