Five reasons why Carlos Carvalhal should remain Sheffield Wednesday manager

3 minutes ago, runningaround said:

Clapper or someone who realises seasons isn’t 12 games long

O look one of the fellow soldiers is here.

Just now, runningaround said:

Oh look someone who can’t handle a different point of view...

I'm surprised you can breath with all that sand....

Yes....my life revolves around CC future. Look the bloke has 2 good campaigns and is well known for slow starts with us. If we’re in January and done for as regards top 6 then I will be calling for his head just like you. Until then what’s the point? It’s his side and his style it can’t be changed too drastically 

Guest mrbluesky
28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Should he be entitled to an opinion like that what with him being in a responsible position n that?

For sure.

1 minute ago, horny owl said:

Why do some people say that Carlos has improved year on year while he's been with us???

In his first season we reached the playoff final 

The following season we only managed to reach the playoff semi final

How is this progress?

Last season was more difficult and we improved league position.

Carlos = Strong and Stable.

Just now, runningaround said:

Yes....my life revolves around CC future. Look the bloke has 2 good campaigns and is well known for slow starts with us. If we’re in January and done for as regards top 6 then I will be calling for his head just like you. Until then what’s the point? It’s his side and his style it can’t be changed too drastically 

One good campaign. Last season so many performances papered over the cracks and it was only a mini decent late run, plus Leeds collapsing late, that got us into the playoffs, to which he decided to use the most negative tactics I have ever witnessed from a professional football manager. He should have been fired the minute Forestieri missed the penalty.

It's getting worse season upon season and yet unbelievably, some fans like yourself still try to defend him. 

And it's not just CC, the whole club is a complete mess top to bottom. 

1 minute ago, Coyt said:

One good campaign. Last season so many performances papered over the cracks and it was only a mini decent late run, plus Leeds collapsing late, that got us into the playoffs, to which he decided to use the most negative tactics I have ever witnessed from a professional football manager. He should have been fired the minute Forestieri missed the penalty.

It's getting worse season upon season and yet unbelievably, some fans like yourself still try to defend him. 

Agree on the commercial side it’s actually mystifying on what’s going on. As for the side this season we haven’t got a defender to hold a torch to loovens in respect of organising the back 4 which has had a big impact. I am sure results will pick up, just like the rest of the fans I wanna see us succeed and will be patient 

2 hours ago, Frazzlebeak said:

The building a squad bit is the funniest thing I’ve ever read on here. Well played Sir, well played :tango:

So he hasn't built a squad since he arrived?

I certainly think a squad has been assembled and one of reasonable quality albeit with some holes in it.

I think the question should be who is building it?

5 minutes ago, Coyt said:

We finished higher last season than the one before...

Just now, heppers said:

So he hasn't built a squad since he arrived?

I certainly think a squad has been assembled and one of reasonable quality albeit with some holes in it.

I think the question should be who is building it?

Even Carlos worst critic has to admit that he has got us to our highest league position twice in a row.(For many years)And hardly spent anything compared to other clubs in the same league.

1 minute ago, runningaround said:

Agree on the commercial side it’s actually mystifying on what’s going on. As for the side this season we haven’t got a defender to hold a torch to loovens in respect of organising the back 4 which has had a big impact. I am sure results will pick up, just like the rest of the fans I wanna see us succeed and will be patient 

And me too! We all want the best for our club, but soon or later this inconsistent form we seem to have is eventually going to turn Hillsborough matchday atmosphere, venomous. The problem was last season, we were scraping 3 points many games, prime example it took a last minute penalty to beat Rotherham Utd at home, a team who was rock bottom and absolutely horrific, yet we looked on the same level as them. But because we won people just settled for the dire tactics on display. 

Last season and so far this season, you could count on one hand the amount of games the team has actually put in a good, positive performance and that for a club supposedly chasing promotion is pathetic. For every performance like the Norwich game, there has been more of yesterday and Preston away to overshadow it.

1 minute ago, Coyt said:

And went out miserably in the semi finals. 

That I can agree on. However I do think he is a solid manager who will get top 6 again. For auto we need to fill the obvious holes (beast of a CM like Diame and pacy skilful winger as an option) and tbh I’m not sure CC calls the shots with this totally. We have an egomaniac of a chairman and I do think it’s ultimately slowing the clubs progress forward