Work. A temporary distraction.....

Getting my head down to some serious work this week, to distract my brain, stomach & bowels from this weekend. It does the trick for so long, but the mind wanders. Def Leppard come on the radio, Sheffield band with various members supporting us & the pigs. Damn! Thoughts turn to the match again. Back to work, busy busy, busy. Radio dj starts talking about snooker. First televised 147 at Crucible! Damn! City centre thoughts again, mixed tram rides (oh dear) possible results. It's only Tuesday ffs. Christ knows what it'll be like Friday & Satdy nights. To cap it all, during a busy period yesterday, Hi Ho Silver Lining came on the radio! Don't remember it being this bad last time we played. Any Viz style top tips out there, for getting on with normal life during this week?

:columbo:

6 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Any Viz style top tips out there, for getting on with normal life during this week?

PRE-DERBY NERVES??Immediately go into the kitchen and cross off all the dates on the calendar between now and Monday 25th September 2017. Then when you start worrying about the Derby just look at the kitchen calendar and 'hey presto' the nerves will have gone as the match will have been yesterday! 

IMG_4846.GIF

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tudders said:

PRE-DERBY NERVES??Immediately go into the kitchen and cross off all the dates on the calendar between now and Monday 25th September 2017. Then when you start worrying about the Derby just look at the kitchen calendar and 'hey presto' the nerves will have gone as the match will have been yesterday!

IMG_4846.GIF

This is the stuff! Thanks to RM. I'll try that later. Might be late for work though in the meantime.......

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The only way is S6 said:

Getting my head down to some serious work this week, to distract my brain, stomach & bowels from this weekend. It does the trick for so long, but the mind wanders. Def Leppard come on the radio, Sheffield band with various members supporting us & the pigs. Damn! Thoughts turn to the match again. Back to work, busy busy, busy. Radio dj starts talking about snooker. First televised 147 at Crucible! Damn! City centre thoughts again, mixed tram rides (oh dear) possible results. It's only Tuesday ffs. Christ knows what it'll be like Friday & Satdy nights. To cap it all, during a busy period yesterday, Hi Ho Silver Lining came on the radio! Don't remember it being this bad last time we played. Any Viz style top tips out there, for getting on with normal life during this week?

You could try turning the radio off lol

• Haha 2

Try swapping it for one of the other epidemic obsessions on here. Popular choices include:

- whereabouts and eventual cost of the replica kit

- thinking up ways to slate Nuhiu

- FF conspiracy theories

- Pies (prices, scarcity or incompetent service thereof, it's up to you)