Annoyed.

13 hours ago, BeverleyOwl74 said:

I can sort of understand what you're saying, depends on what you'd class as a big game I guess.  I mean I do tend to pick the derby type games or games where I believe we'll get a decent result out of it.  That said I've also seen us in action against teams and we've been twatted royally.  I tend to get to about 6 games a season which is picked based on how much money we have available as a household, bearing in mind I've two stepkids and neither of us can work due to the previous physicality issue.  Kids have to come first, you can't put a love of football ahead of things like food and education for young ones you chose to bring up as your own.  At risk of sounding like Sensible Simon, you just get on with stuff and make the best of it.  The original point was based on disappointment, not a sense of entitlement.

If you get to 6 games a season you should have some TPP's and not have to wait until General Sale. In fact you would have been able to get one yesterday morning. Unless, of course, you pay on the gate and not online? In which case, that's a bit daft and you need to wise up a bit.

10 hours ago, BeverleyOwl74 said:

I think what I was trying to say is on paper the tickets could be sold, but if other commitments show up in the inbetween then the ground could in theory be full of empty seats.  Thus meaning those of us unable to get tickets would miss out due to those who bought tickets not being able to attend.

I think you've completely missed the point as to why there will be 'empty seats'.

The game will be a sell out, any seat that we're allowed to sell will be sold.

The 'empty seats' will be because of SYP/SAG using it for segregation. 

There wont be any empty seats you mentalist 

"Adult Memberships offer a £5 saving on ticket prices for all home league games* but with the added bonus of a double discount on select matches following a successful launch last season.

Members also receive numerous additional benefits, including priority on home and away tickets after Season Ticket holders and 2018/19 Season Tickets.

Prices for 2017/18 Membership packages are frozen at £50 for adults, while Junior Owls pay just £25."

Copied direct from Owls Club Site. The cost of a membership (£50) is recouped in 10 games maximum.A member does not have to pay for every game (as does a ST holder, although at a reduced rate) and it lifts you up the Priority Ratings. I know the problems of Disability. I live in Buxton, maybe not quite as far away as you, but certainly not on the doorstep. I have to rely on Friends or Acquaintances giving me a lift - worked well until this season, when I find myself without, (any offers , I'll pay my way!.) and have found that being a season ticket holder, whilst still not being cheap, allows me to miss some 6 games and still be in pocket. A couple of friends of mine ave recently married and while still being avid W'ites who could not justify holding STs have cheerfully opted to take the Membership package.

This means that, to an extent, they can 'cherry-pick' their games and still build up priority points, a system i am all in favourof.   

• Like 1

Guest mrbluesky
2 hours ago, Big Jacks maggot said:

In the OP defence, I find it a little odd that ST holders get first dibs on a ticket for a friend, who may never have been to a game all season. Just saying like!

As a ST holder I thought the same, It may well be that they have done it this way so pigs don't try and get tickets for the home end.

21 hours ago, torryowl said:

if it was 1st come 1st served the ticket office would be swamped, the on line would crash ....they have to stagger the sales or it would be mayhem....harsh but if you want to see the big games you need to go to the others a little more often .

Totally agree Torry. Can't really see what the gripe is with OP.

8 hours ago, 442 said:

I think you've completely missed the point as to why there will be 'empty seats'.

The game will be a sell out, any seat that we're allowed to sell will be sold.

The 'empty seats' will be because of SYP/SAG using it for segregation. 

There wont be any empty seats you mentalist 

That's if she bothers watching it  :duntmatter: