Annoyed.

1 minute ago, darklord said:

People in Beverley always acting entitled lol

I'm in the same boat mate though fit financial reasons.  I manage to get tickets usually but even if I don't the system in place is the fairest. 

I'm not far from you actually,  just up the road in cranny

Blimey small world.  You've been on here a while haven't you?

I've got great sympathy for anyone who's disabled,  of course I have, but it's always the case that people who use various personal circumstances as an excuse for not going to other games when plenty of tickets are available can suddenly manage to get to the big games - but then moan that they can't get a ticket when they've only needed to have gone to 2 games in the last 2 seasons. 

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

I've got great sympathy for anyone who's disabled,  of course I have, but it's always the case that people who use various personal circumstances as an excuse for not going to other games when plenty of tickets are available can suddenly manage to get to the big games - but then moan that they can't get a ticket when they've only needed to have gone to 2 games in the last 2 seasons. 

I can sort of understand what you're saying, depends on what you'd class as a big game I guess.  I mean I do tend to pick the derby type games or games where I believe we'll get a decent result out of it.  That said I've also seen us in action against teams and we've been twatted royally.  I tend to get to about 6 games a season which is picked based on how much money we have available as a household, bearing in mind I've two stepkids and neither of us can work due to the previous physicality issue.  Kids have to come first, you can't put a love of football ahead of things like food and education for young ones you chose to bring up as your own.  At risk of sounding like Sensible Simon, you just get on with stuff and make the best of it.  The original point was based on disappointment, not a sense of entitlement.

28 minutes ago, BeverleyOwl74 said:

Got the money if you want to pick me up....

Joking aside, there is no ticket policy that is fair, for everyone, but for both home and away tickets I think we've got it as close as you're ever going to. The only anomalie in my opinion is some kind of benefit for those that paid for 3 year tickets. That commitment should have been rewarded with some kind of away ticket incentive. 

If we ever do get promoted the bun fight for 2,500 tickets at Chelsea etc, will be epic. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BeverleyOwl74 said:

I can sort of understand what you're saying, depends on what you'd class as a big game I guess.  I mean I do tend to pick the derby type games or games where I believe we'll get a decent result out of it.  That said I've also seen us in action against teams and we've been twatted royally.  I tend to get to about 6 games a season which is picked based on how much money we have available as a household, bearing in mind I've two stepkids and neither of us can work due to the previous physicality issue.  Kids have to come first, you can't put a love of football ahead of things like food and education for young ones you chose to bring up as your own.  At risk of sounding like Sensible Simon, you just get on with stuff and make the best of it.  The original point was based on disappointment, not a sense of entitlement.

So spend £10 a you might get 2 north stand tickets then.  Worst outcome is you give £10 to charity.  Best you get to go to the game!

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/259091-derby-ticket-raffle/

Just not bothered...

1 hour ago, BeverleyOwl74 said:

I have done, I'm disabled and transport is not a given bearing in mind I don't drive.  At risk of sounding like a bloke who can't do anything for himself.

FYI, Beverley is 10.5 miles from Hull.

It's also nearer to Sheffield than Hull.

Astounded by some of the replies on here. Poor lad/lass isn't well and some people are blasting him/her. 

Have word with yourselves will you.

@BeverleyOwl74 good luck in you search for a ticket. 

Have you contacted the club to see if there are any spaces in the disabled area? I used to take a lad who was in a wheelchair and he sat on the Lep and there was always plenty of room there. It'll mean you sit with the unwashed but at least you're there... 

1 minute ago, ramone said:

Astounded by some of the replies on here. Poor lad/lass isn't well and some people are blasting him/her. 

Have word with yourselves will you.

@BeverleyOwl74 good luck in you search for a ticket. 

Have you contacted the club to see if there are any spaces in the disabled area? I used to take a lad who was in a wheelchair and he sat on the Lep and there was always plenty of room there. It'll mean you sit with the unwashed but at least you're there... 

Think I have to wait until Wednesday to find out if there's a ticket available, I used to sit in the West ages ago, but when you could sit anywhere I chose the Kop.  To be fair if I can get in the ground I'll play bloody left back if I have to!

As for physical condition, its all relative, its not a free card to do stuff, it just helps to level things up when you can't do as much as you'd like all the time.  Plenty worse off than me.  Know a lad with MND who just abseiled off the Humber on Sunday, makes my situation look like I should be starting tomorrow with the captains armband!

4 minutes ago, BeverleyOwl74 said:

Think I have to wait until Wednesday to find out if there's a ticket available, I used to sit in the West ages ago, but when you could sit anywhere I chose the Kop.  To be fair if I can get in the ground I'll play bloody left back if I have to!

As for physical condition, its all relative, its not a free card to do stuff, it just helps to level things up when you can't do as much as you'd like all the time.  Plenty worse off than me.  Know a lad with MND who just abseiled off the Humber on Sunday, makes my situation look like I should be starting tomorrow with the captains armband!

Hahaha its amazing what you can do if you set your mind to it. An old school friend of mine got MND and before it proper crewed him he climbed Mount Kilimanjaro. Absolutely incredible. And I'm humming and arring about doing the Sheffield half again... 

And you if you'd have asked me 2 months ago I'd have given you a start ahead of Adam Reach :tango::tango:

Good luck with it pal. Hope you make.

We're All Wednesday Aren't We

• Like 1

Just now, ramone said:

Hahaha its amazing what you can do if you set your mind to it. An old school friend of mine got MND and before it proper crewed him he climbed Mount Kilimanjaro. Absolutely incredible. And I'm humming and arring about doing the Sheffield half again... 

And you if you'd have asked me 2 months ago I'd have given you a start ahead of Adam Reach :tango::tango:

Good luck with it pal. Hope you make.

We're All Wednesday Aren't We

We are indeed mate.  Reach had a decent game Saturday and it was nice to see Lee back.

Just now, BeverleyOwl74 said:

We are indeed mate.  Reach had a decent game Saturday and it was nice to see Lee back.

He's been great all season. Made me look a bit foolish cos I said he'd never make a footballer while ever he has an hole in his arse... 

Kieran Lee just did what Kieran Lee... Makes football look easy. Class act

1 hour ago, Shrewsburyowl said:

Just imagine when we get to the Premier league and all our new Norwegian, Chinese, outer Mongolian fans start wanting tickets as well!!

Bet they didn't go to Carlisle away in the Jonhstones Paint pot trophy when we were crap lol

I did, mind you I won't be going to the derby either.