The must-start players?

1 hour ago, RocketOwl said:

The amount of people leaving Fernando out of their teams.

Gotta love this forum.

Think it's more realising that he is not as undropable as he once was under Carlos. If we were talking about our best players. Then he makes everyone's team. 

But I actually think the way Carlos sets us up at the moment. We are better without him.

Hopefully he can show he can play the way Carlos wants as he is like I said one of our best players.

10 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Think it's more realising that he is not as undropable as he once was under Carlos. If we were talking about our best players. Then he makes everyone's team. 

But I actually think the way Carlos sets us up at the moment. We are better without him.

Hopefully he can show he can play the way Carlos wants as he is like I said one of our best players.

We are that good without him we have not scored more than one goal in a game  and are in the bottom half of the table 

2 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

We are that good without him we have not scored more than one goal in a game  and are in the bottom half of the table 

I think he will be used as an impact sub for us. 

Rightly or wrongly I don't see him starting many games on the left or upfront now Hooper and Fletcher seem to be first choice.

But the fact we did not get rid of him tells me Carlos still sees a role for him here. What that is though we will have to wait and see.

2 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Ff could start behind hooper and Rhodes/fletcher 

But isn't that the role Hooper is best at?

IMO the left side should be Reach and FF, the central attack should be Hooper behind Fletch

Rhodes and Nuhiu as the alternative central strikers to the above pairing

Guest RocketOwl
50 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

If our best players cannot get a game because of the shape the manager plays ....then you have to question the tactical genius of the manager.

8 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

If our best players cannot get a game because of the shape the manager plays ....then you have to question the tactical genius of the manager.

True. . But let's be honest he hasn't been our best player for a while now.

Let's see what Carlos has in store for us now he has a few players in he wants. 

Like I said he has a role to play I am sure of that and hopefully Carlos is somehow trying to fit him into this new diamond formation he is going with at home. As we will need his quality to break down teams if the games become tight.

6 hours ago, just visiting said:

Ironically, the guy you let go to Derby would have been best utilized in the game against Forest.

They are sticking to Warburton's philosophy of playing out from the back, trouble is they're not very good or comfortable on the ball enough to do it.

If you press them, as we found out, there's plenty of mistakes in that back four. I don't see that energy in Hooper, Fletcher or Rhodes tbh and FF will likely not start anyway. Winnall would have been perfect for this game. If you sit off Forest and let them get the ball over half way, that's when they are dangerous.

Dont worry on our behalf.

Winnall couldnt get ahead of Hooper, Fletch or Rhodes for the very good reason that they are far better players.

3-5-2

Westwood

Van aken     Lees      Venacio

Lee                 Bannan
Boyd              Butterfield      Reach/Ff

Hooper         
                                 Fletcher

4-4-2

Westwood

Hunt        Lees     Van aken  Reach

Boyd       Butterfield  Bannan   Forestieri

Hooper     Fletcher

4-3-3

Westwood

Hunt        Lees     Van aken     Reach

Bannan      Butterfield      Forestieri

Hooper
             Rhodes                  Fletcher

If no ff then hooper behind Rhodes and fletcher

westwood

hunt

lees

van aken / venancio 

reach 

jones

bannan

butterfield

hooper

rhodes

fletch

or

westwood

lees

van aken

venancio 

hunt

bannan

jones

reach

Hooper

fletch

rhodes 

Could start butterfield and leave Rhodes on bench to bring him on with bannan in attacking role 

25 minutes ago, Vectile said:

3-5-2

Westwood

Van aken     Lees      Venacio

Lee                 Bannan
Boyd              Butterfield      Reach/Ff

Hooper         
                                 Fletcher

4-4-2

Westwood

Hunt        Lees     Van aken  Reach

Boyd       Butterfield  Bannan   Forestieri

Hooper     Fletcher

4-3-3

Westwood

Hunt        Lees     Van aken     Reach

Bannan      Butterfield      Forestieri

Hooper
             Rhodes                  Fletcher

Your 4-3-3 has to be the most attacking line up I think I have ever seen.

4 hours ago, oldishowl said:

But we have scored one goal IN TOTAL in the last 3 games we started WITH Fernando.

Let's be honest there are only 3 players in our whole team that we would all be like, wow can't believe he is on the bench.

And that's Westwood, Lees and Bannan.

Everyone else I wouldn't be surprised if Carlos went with something different for a match.

11 hours ago, northeastowl said:

No one is a must start player, all players should earn the right to start or that's where problems start. 

Yes we have our Lees, Hoopers and Bannan etc that are our most important players but if they are not performing get them out. 

The way some of our strikers are performing I'd already have given Joao more game time as he offers pace and skill which none of our others do.

Hooper, Fletcher, FF, and Rhodes don't have any skill compared to Lucas Joao ?

I'll have some of what you're having

Edited by Indoor Owl