Official January Transfer Rumours Thread..

Guest wilyfox
8 minutes ago, Twitterowl said:

Leeds have spent £8million so far in Jan, with Aaron Lennon & Chris Martin signing on loan too apparently. Ffs. 

Think Derby have denied them Martin because they don't want to loan him to a promotion rival. 

4 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Think Leeds got rid of a better player in Bridcutt than Forshaw. 

I know what you mean and they are pretty similar from what I've seen. I was a big fan of Bridcutt, very tidy, experienced player at this level and was surprised we let him go but at 29 this year, if there was a sell on value in him, last summer was the time to sell.

Forshaw is only 26 with 34 PL appearances only last season, that puts him ahead of Bridcutt for me.

2 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Reach looks a good buy at 5 million 

At todays prices certainly, he is good age, has a good energy and fitness levels, versatile and good technique. With the right coaching, could turn out to be CCs best of business . In todays market we would get more than our money back.

9 minutes ago, just visiting said:

I know what you mean and they are pretty similar from what I've seen. I was a big fan of Bridcutt, very tidy, experienced player at this level and was surprised we let him go but at 29 this year, if there was a sell on value in him, last summer was the time to sell.

Forshaw is only 26 with 34 PL appearances only last season, that puts him ahead of Bridcutt for me.

He is a much better player than Bridcutt. I thought he was a very good player. I’ve not seen a great deal of him recently as he’s fallen out of favour but I think hes a good signing for you in all fairness.

2 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

He is a much better player than Bridcutt. I thought he was a very good player. I’ve not seen a great deal of him recently as he’s fallen out of favour but I think hes a good signing for you in all fairness.

Fair enough, he probably has a bit more to his game than Bridcutt but he would do all the dirty stuff, break up play, keep possession of the ball well and get us going again. Quality little player was LB.

No need for that kind of money on Forshaw for where we are at. Adam Clayton coming up to 30, should try to avoid those from now on. 

Personally prefer the Pelupessy signing to either of the Boro players. Cheaper, better age and seems just the type of player we need.