Im here to whinge and im here to stay

28 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

I don't wanna be accused of hiding, so just thought id make my point.

Ultimately we have only lost once on what was a poor opening day. We have improved each game as have certain players.

Will we get in top 6 over the course of the season?

With players like Reach and Jones playing most games with Hunt and Pudil at full backs most of the time

Without any directness or pace or an out ball going forward, someone who can break lines out of nothing against the top side

With too many strikers who will get 12/13 instead of 22/23, none of whom will ever get a run due to the amount of strikers we have in the side. 

Without an anchor in the midfield for at least half of the season

Without a top centre half next to Lees

When we will probably play flat 4-4-2 even against good sides with 3 good midfielders when our two are a physically weak Jones and Bannan

Personally, I don't think we will break the top 6 without a change in formation or players at the club.

Hopefully after the win we can go on a good run, id love to be proved wrong. Think between 8-11 is where we will finish.  

I pretty much agree with a lot of points there.  I still think we will get top 6 as we have the firepower to change the game from half time or the 60th minute.  But we are imbalanced and there are a number of issues with the team dynamic which makes me believe we will not be in contention for the top 2 positions.

7 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Our forwards have got at least 60 goals a season in them, but they don't/won't score that many because of their deployment.

The real problem we have is that, with the exception of Lees, our defenders are not of the same quality as our forwards. That's why Carlos plays pragmatically and covers up. The irony is that we've got one of the best forward lines in the league, but can't fully use it because of our defence.

I would back Hooper, Rhodes, Winnal and Fletch all to get 12/13 each on average if they played a full season.

If they played 40 games, I wouldn't back any of them apart from Rhodes ON FORM to get any more than 12/13. However, they wont all play 40 games will they.

They will each make around 23 league appearances and score around 7/8 league goals each.

Edited by Fibonacci91

Some interesting point there. IMO we will do a similar job to last season as nothing has really changed. I know it's early but in the games so far, we have still lost to a poor side and beaten a really good side. We all know we need a cb although I'm quite hopeful the new lad will do well and we will bring in another before the deadline. I think we will finish in the playoffs atm but the way the league has started who knows?

Every fackin post from a whinger is ultimately asking what will happen or where will we finish.

FFS just wait and see, it's boring as f*ck

I read it all. Assumptions and no substance.

We're literally no weaker than we were last season when we finished 4th unless you count Sasso and Semedo as better than the current 11 starters. The rest of the league is weaker in total I reckon.

We're playing with the ball moving quicker than we did all of last season, back to the type of display from 2 seasons ago and still looking solid at the back despite some chopping and changing back there.

You can't have a midfield sitter, players breaking the lines, extra forwards, out balls and more cover at the back all at once unless you pay for it, there's only 11 players on the pitch and if you want players that do all that in each position they'll all be playing in the premier league. Lee and Abdi can do pretty much all of that  though so getting them fit will be vital to a more dynamic midfield but other than a new CB we're fine for a squad, if anything we have too many players.

Don't give a flip about 4-4-2. Move the ball quickly like we have started to recently and play with confidence and we'll beat most teams in this league. The negativity, moaning, groans when we miss a shot and the boos at half time that come from people who like to post these downers of threads and whine about everything are far more likely to undermine our season than any decision based on formation. You can line up however you like but if the atmosphere has been sucked out of the players before they kick off they'll get nowt useful done. Self defeating prophecy you lot, cheer up and cheer on, then you might get to enjoy football

31 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Is it though...

Tp disagree fine, to come here and say i have made zero relevant or worthwhile points is complete idiocy.

Argue against my points man, tell me Jones is good enough to play anchor in Hutch's absence

Convince me that the full backs are adequate enough.

Tell me why you wouldn't trade in 3 or 4 of our strikers for 1 that will score 20 goals

Tell me the way we play is effective enough to not need an out ball occasionally with some pace, especially against good teams

Im all ears 

Jones already has proven his quality in promotion winning teams , we have 2/3 forwards who will score 20 goals IF they play every game , but we use a rotation system hence 10-15 goals.

Won 4/6 against the promoted teams last season , should have been 5 but FF missed a pen against 10 men , the argument we need pace against top teams is flawed logic.

25 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

We've got Rhodes, Fletcher, Hooper and Winnall up front. So, considering the defenders at other clubs in this league, if our defence were of that standard who would they be?

Sessegnon

Janssen

Terry*

Lichaj

*would choose Lees before Terry though.

58 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

I don't wanna be accused of hiding, so just thought id make my point.

Ultimately we have only lost once on what was a poor opening day. We have improved each game as have certain players.

Will we get in top 6 over the course of the season?

With players like Reach and Jones playing most games with Hunt and Pudil at full backs most of the time

Without any directness or pace or an out ball going forward, someone who can break lines out of nothing against the top side

With too many strikers who will get 12/13 instead of 22/23, none of whom will ever get a run due to the amount of strikers we have in the side. 

Without an anchor in the midfield for at least half of the season

Without a top centre half next to Lees

When we will probably play flat 4-4-2 even against good sides with 3 good midfielders when our two are a physically weak Jones and Bannan

Personally, I don't think we will break the top 6 without a change in formation or players at the club.

Hopefully after the win we can go on a good run, id love to be proved wrong. Think between 8-11 is where we will finish.  

This is so so sad it's laughable!

How many formations have we played already?

I can think of at least three general formations notwithstanding the formations we adopt in and out of possession, losing and regaining possession and others forced by substitutions. 

Let's see what the next few games brings. And also what else is left to be done in the transfer market. 

Think it's a bit premature to say we won't finish in the top 7 considering we just turned over the nation's favourite in their own back yard.

3 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

This is so so sad it's laughable!

How many formations have we played already?

I can think of at least three general formations notwithstanding the formations we adopt in and out of possession, losing and regaining possession and others forced by substitutions. 

2, Only a flat 4-4-2 and a diamond, and we often have to change midway through the game from flat to diamond because its going so badly.

7 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Let's see what the next few games brings. And also what else is left to be done in the transfer market. 

Think it's a bit premature to say we won't finish in the top 7 considering we just turned over the nation's favourite in their own back yard.

One game is enough for Owlstalk experts to start spouting their flawed logic.

It happened game after game last season with whingers and whiners saying we weren't going top make the to six!

DEAR WHINGERS, YOU ARE ALL TOTALLY CORRECT. STOP GOING TO THE GAMES, WE COULD PROBABLY LOSE THEM ALL. WAIT UNTIL WE WIN TEN ON THE BOUNCE BEFORE YOU COME BACK!

Edited by Ante's Bubbly
misspelt rant

14 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

I read it all. Assumptions and no substance.

We're literally no weaker than we were last season when we finished 4th unless you count Sasso and Semedo as better than the current 11 starters. The rest of the league is weaker in total I reckon.

We're playing with the ball moving quicker than we did all of last season, back to the type of display from 2 seasons ago and still looking solid at the back despite some chopping and changing back there.

You can't have a midfield sitter, players breaking the lines, extra forwards, out balls and more cover at the back all at once unless you pay for it, there's only 11 players on the pitch and if you want players that do all that in each position they'll all be playing in the premier league. Lee and Abdi can do pretty much all of that  though so getting them fit will be vital to a more dynamic midfield but other than a new CB we're fine for a squad, if anything we have too many players.

Don't give a flip about 4-4-2. Move the ball quickly like we have started to recently and play with confidence and we'll beat most teams in this league. The negativity, moaning, groans when we miss a shot and the boos at half time that come from people who like to post these downers of threads and whine about everything are far more likely to undermine our season than any decision based on formation. You can line up however you like but if the atmosphere has been sucked out of the players before they kick off they'll get nowt useful done. Self defeating prophecy you lot, cheer up and cheer on, then you might get to enjoy football

We are weaker in the sense that FF is out of form with a poor attitude, Loovens is another year older, and we havnt strengthened while other teams hvae. 

You can have a midfield sitter, players breaking the lines, an outball and extra forwards. You play 4-3-3 with an anchor, a runner and a creator (Hutch, Lee, Bannan) in midfield, a cultured winger on one side (Fessi, Wallace, Reach) and a pacey one on the other side which we have not signed. 3 wingers and a striker = 3 forwards so plenty of forwards. 

I dont think you've got a clue mate

14 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

Jones already has proven his quality in promotion winning teams , we have 2/3 forwards who will score 20 goals IF they play every game , but we use a rotation system hence 10-15 goals.

Won 4/6 against the promoted teams last season , should have been 5 but FF missed a pen against 10 men , the argument we need pace against top teams is flawed logic.

See previous point made, Rhodes is a potential 20 if he plays 40, but this seasons looks like a 12/13 man if he plays 40. Fletch, Hoops and Winnal will get 12/13 if they play 40.

Non of them will play 40.

They will all make around 23 appearences and score ON AVERAGE, 8 each.

7 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

2, Only a flat 4-4-2 and a diamond, and we often have to change midway through the game from flat to diamond because its going so badly.

So did you mean to say that we wont break the top six until we change our formations or formation? Using your OT logic, formation means we don't crack the top six and formations means we do, therefore we will make the top six as we have changed our formation. 

QED

Goodbye.

1 minute ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

So did you mean to say that we wont break the top six until we change our formations or formation? Using your OT logic, formation means we don't crack the top six and formations means we do, therefore we will make the top six as we have changed our formation. 

QED

Goodbye.

Think you've misunderstood me dude. Dunno what your on about here. I was making the point that we often change our formation to a diamond, because flat 4-4-2 is going so badly, which begs the questions as to why we ever try a flat 4-4-2 with so much evidence that its not our strongest formation.