League Cup 3rd Round Draw - 4:15am

8 hours ago, Mountain Owl said:

Really getting fed up with China. They think they can take over all the major sports including Football and snooker. 

On another note they over fish the seas trying to feed an out of control population. Most of their cities are heavily polluted.

They are the biggest culprits and reason that the worlds wildlife is being decimated notably Tigers, Gorillas, Elephants and Rhinos. 

They use animal parts in so called medicines and health substances that are proved NOT to work.

They also breed dogs for eating..

Absolutely backwards place. 

Football in this country is on its way out. Too much money and foreign interest.

glad I got to be around to see it beforehand.

Forgive me for asking, but weren't we fighting against JAPAN in WW2, as incidentally were the Chinese. And why has this turned into a historic rage? 

I believe most of our fans were not even conceived before WW2 ended. I must admit to having been to China, and to have found their people extremely friendly, particularly to Visitors, industrious, unbound by red tape and very far-sighted. The Chinese were 'civilised' when we were still living in caves. This is not to say that I agree with this idiotic pandering to cash that Football in general believes in. At one time it was the Almighty Dollar. Now it is the wealth of the Chinese nation we are plundering, and for what? The almighty one-eyed monster in the corner of the room!!!!!!

Getting back to the Carabao Cup, or whatever it may be termed this year, wasn't it originally the LEAGUE CUP, with its original idea being that, unlike its rival the FA Challenge Cup, which included the 'minnows' of all the Leagues affiliated to the FA. being in with a chance, however small, would consist of the 92 Football League Clubs only, and all having the same chance. In other words the mighty Manures,ManCity's, Chelseas, Arsenals et al. having a chance of going out in the first round. No seeding!

Ah! Who says 'money can't speak'

Rant over!

5 hours ago, Binky Griptite said:

Reminds me of the Alan Irvine days when you had to desperately try to stay awake to watch Wednesday (or alternatively just sleep through the whole thing)

I was living in Pakistan then (work) so couldnt stay up for midweek games