No Winnall today

8 hours ago, bedfordowl said:

He's far from awful tho is he I'd hazard a guess he is far better than you. 

He may not be the best or score bags of goals but to say he is awful is just not true 

142 apps in the second division in england says he's a bit better than awful

7 hours ago, bedfordowl said:

Didn't say you couldn't post anything negative about a player

just saying to call a professional footballer awful is  just not true is it. 

So you didn't say that then?

8 minutes ago, bedfordowl said:

How's that saying you can't say anything thing negitive 

when did I say I didn't say the bit you have highlighted. 

It's not about not being able to say anything negative. It's the stupidity of the comment that you can't say anything negative because he's better at football than the poster.

You can't tell someone that a footballer is far from awful at football 'because id hazard a guess hes far better than you'. It's a ridiculous comment.

Ashley Westwood has to be the worst defender I've ever seen in a Wednesday shirt. He truly was awful. But still, is guess he was a lot better than if someone had put me in the side.

12 minutes ago, poite said:

It's not about not being able to say anything negative. It's the stupidity of the comment that you can't say anything negative because he's better at football than the poster.

You can't tell someone that a footballer is far from awful at football 'because id hazard a guess hes far better than you'. It's a ridiculous comment.

Ashley Westwood has to be the worst defender I've ever seen in a Wednesday shirt. He truly was awful. But still, is guess he was a lot better than if someone had put me in the side.

I reckon that we've had worse than Westwood, Players that might have only played once or twice so hardly mentioned or remembered, Kenny Branigan only played once against Leicester in a 6-1 defeat and made Westwood look like John Terry,

A young lad, Carr I think his name was, played once against Man City and had a nightmare then there's Jon Beswetherick, Larry May, Gregg Fee, Brian Barry-Murphy, Tony Crane and Simon Coleman off top of my head who I would rate worse than Ashley Westwood even if he wasn't a remarkable player.

1 minute ago, bradowl said:

I reckon that we've had worse than Westwood, Players that might have only played once or twice so hardly mentioned or remembered, Kenny Branigan only played once against Leicester in a 6-1 defeat and made Westwood look like John Terry,

A young lad, Carr I think his name was, played once against Man City and had a nightmare then there's Jon Beswetherick, Larry May, Gregg Fee, Brian Barry-Murphy, Tony Crane and Simon Coleman off top of my head who I would rate worse than Ashley Westwood even if he wasn't a remarkable player.

Nuhiu is also up there with that lot 

Just now, SheffWed-1867 said:

Nuhiu is also up there with that lot 

We're on about defenders, he's probably a better defender than all that lot mentioned though. 

Nuhiu is nowhere near an all time worse Wednesday player, having watched us in 1970s I could probably name 50 worse players.

41 minutes ago, poite said:

11 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Ahh, Ashley Westwood. A player who caused me to have a rare argument in the ground with someone who for a short period had as season ticket close to me.

The reason for my rare outburst was that this chap gave Westwood an absolute dogs abuse every single game. 

Now let me make clear I was no fan of the Westwood boy. 

However, for all he was he always gave his all. 

Now that should be the minimum requirement for any player in my book.

However in that very side that the maligned Westwood played we had three players who had twice or three times his technical ability and who were paid, in some cases more in appearance fees than he was paid weekly on his full contract. Players who strolled around the park without a single care in the world.  Players who didn't try a leg for Sheffield Wednesday Football Club...and to my eyes at least there in NO greater crime in the game. 

And so I pointed this out to my neighbour. "At least the lads giving 100%, them swines are robbing us blind and don't give a hoot whether we win lose or draw". 

He was having none of it "Westwood," he bawled "is f*cking w*nk and we'll never do owt wi players like him in the side".

Which was true. But he was missing the point. Which was that we would do nothing with overpaid mercenaries in the side either. Players with talent and no application. 

I didn't rate Westwood....but found myself defending him...by virtue that the slavering abuse was being directed in my eyes in the wrong direction. 

It's almost too complicated to type what I mean.

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Ahh, Ashley Westwood. A player who caused me to have a rare argument in the ground with someone who for a short period had as season ticket close to me.

The reason for my rare outburst was that this chap gave Westwood an absolute dogs abuse every single game. 

However in that very side that the maligned Westwood played we had three players who had twice or three times his technical ability and who were paid, in some cases more in appearance fees than he was paid weekly on his full contract. Players who strolled around the park without a single care in the world.  Players who didn't try a leg for Sheffield Wednesday Football Club...and to my eyes at least there in NO greater crime in the game. 

And so I pointed this out to my neighbour. "At least the lads giving 100%, them swines are robbing us blind and don't give a hoot whether we win lose or draw". 

He was having none of it "Westwood," he bawled "is f*cking w*nk and we'll never do owt wi players like him in the side".

Which was true. But he was missing the point. Which was that we would do nothing with overpaid mercenaries in the side either. Players with talent and no application. 

I didn't rate Westwood....but found myself defending him...by virtue that the slavering abuse was being directed in my eyes in the wrong direction. 

Totally agree with all that. It's the reason that I'll never buy in to this nonsense that Fernando forestieri should get away with murder cos he's apparently the best player we have and have had for years.

I couldn't give a poo how good he is, I'd rather have someone in the team who truly wants to be here and give 100% for the team no matter where they are asked to play. This club isnt a place for individuals who are purely focused on their own egos, it's a place that should put the team, club and fans first in everything does. In my view he doesn't.

24 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

However in that very side that the maligned Westwood played we had three players who had twice or three times his technical ability and who were paid, in some cases more in appearance fees than he was paid weekly on his full contract. Players who strolled around the park without a single care in the world.  Players who didn't try a leg for Sheffield Wednesday Football Club...and to my eyes at least there in NO greater crime in the game

The name Leon Knight springs to mind from that era.

Edited by bradowl

19 minutes ago, poite said:

Totally agree with all that. It's the reason that I'll never buy in to this nonsense that Fernando forestieri should get away with murder cos he's apparently the best player we have and have had for years.

I couldn't give a poo how good he is, I'd rather have someone in the team who truly wants to be here and give 100% for the team no matter where they are asked to play. This club isnt a place for individuals who are purely focused on their own egos, it's a place that should put the team, club and fans first in everything does. In my view he doesn't.

4 minutes ago, bradowl said:

The name Leon Knight springs to mind from that era.

It was the frustration that boiled. 

They were all playing badly. 

But at to level everything at poor player giving his all.

I was then told I knew nothing about the game if I thought he was a good player. Which of course I didn't and never said. 

Black and white thinking and no grey with too many folk!

No Winnall today he's picked Fletcher to play
Fernandos on the bench  This made my buttocks clench
No Winnall today he's stuck on the parkway
But people passing by don't know the reason why

7 hours ago, SheffWed-1867 said:

His technical ability and his goal and assist contribution is wee wee poor 

He's is very easy to have a go at. But his technical ability is not too bad. He is a big hulking lump. And oppositions defenders hate playing against that type of player. I wouldn't start him. But have him on the bench for certain games.

24 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

It was the frustration that boiled. 

They were all playing badly. 

But at to level everything at poor player giving his all.

I was then told I knew nothing about the game if I thought he was a good player. Which of course I didn't and never said. 

Black and white thinking and no grey with too many folk!

To be honest your understanding of the game is really poor. I mean those post  match tactical reviews?! I find reading Mr Bluesky's posts far more informative. I don't think he likes the manager or somesuch?

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Our strikers in order of importance would be:

1. Hooper ( must play)

2. Fletcher ( need his presence)

3. Forestieri ( most talented but not really a team player)

4. Winnall ( gives his all. Decent finisher)

5. Rhodes ( has been downright awful)

6. Nuhiu ( not good enough but still useful off the bench)

7. Joao ( gone backwards...sell)

11 hours ago, bradowl said:

We're on about defenders, he's probably a better defender than all that lot mentioned though. 

Nuhiu is nowhere near an all time worse Wednesday player, having watched us in 1970s I could probably name 50 worse players.

4 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Our strikers in order of importance would be:

1. Hooper ( must play)

2. Fletcher ( need his presence)

3. Forestieri ( most talented but not really a team player)

4. Winnall ( gives his all. Decent finisher)

5. Rhodes ( has been downright awful)

6. Nuhiu ( not good enough but still useful off the bench)

7. Joao ( gone backwards...sell)

surely 6 and 7 are the wrong way round bud?