FF to Brighton

Guest RocketOwl

Remember Birmingham away last season and he was left midfield spent most of the second half near the left back position tracking back.

If that's how you want to utilise our best attacking players, that's cool.

1 minute ago, RocketOwl said:

Remember Birmingham away last season and he was left midfield spent most of the second half near the left back position tracking back.

You defend as a team and attack as a team . 

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Our defensive record with FF wide left is excellent 

I don't think the issue with FF playing wide left is the defensive structure of the team, or it's defensive inefficiencies...it's more to do what Carlos expects from the role.

He expects the wide midfielders to track back, help the full back, and not be ahead of the ball. Which is fine...FF can do that do, and I'm sure would do that if asked of him. But it certainly doesn't get the best out of him. And it's ridiculous that we expect our most creative player to waste his energy, doing as such. 

Just now, S36 OWL said:

You defend as a team and attack as a team . 

Defending as a team, doesn't mean standing on the defenders toes though.

Now, more than ever, the notion defend as a team attack as a team is so true. But there's way's of doing it. 

Forestieri should be used, in a defensive aspect, pressing from the front, chasing full backs and central midfielders...and as result picking the ball up in the opponents half. There's no point utilsiing Forestieri as a wide midfielder and asking him to double up on the right winger with Daniel Pudil. Total waste of a special player. 

Nobody is saying he shouldn't work hard. But that's not an accusation that can ever be thrown at FF. He works tirelessly. 

Chelsea don't play Hazard in that role, Barca didn't play Neymar, Madrid don't play Bale. And FF is our Hazard, Neymar, Bale... and should be utilized as such. 

4 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

I don't think the issue with FF playing wide left is the defensive structure of the team, or it's defensive inefficiencies...it's more to do what Carlos expects from the role.

He expects the wide midfielders to track back, help the full back, and not be ahead of the ball. Which is fine...FF can do that do, and I'm sure would do that if asked of him. But it certainly doesn't get the best out of him. And it's ridiculous that we expect our most creative player to waste his energy, doing as such. 

But

If he scored freely in that role.

And if the team scored very freely with him in that role.

And we conceded no more than usual.

And our points tally was amazing

why is it rediculous, and how does it not get the best out of him?

6 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

And there have been many when he's been brilliant in that position, destroyed the fullback and scored or been a big influence on the game. Its swings & roundabouts. If he played up top with rhodes i cant see hooper fletcher & winnall being happy to sit on bench. Or whoever you partner him with, the rest aren't gonna sit around for long. Its a tough one. But glad its not my decision. Good luck Carlos.:manager:

Just now, Holmowl said:

But

If he scored freely in that role.

And if the team scored very freely with him in that role.

And we conceded no more than usual.

And our points tally was amazing

why is it rediculous, and how does it not get the best out of him?

I agree, his best position is as a wide attacker. 

But since that first season where Carlos played FF out wide A LOT, we have changed the way we play. 

He hardly played wide left last season, because Reach played that role.

Carlos has evolved the side into a far more cautious outfit, hence his expectations for that role. 

Last season, FF generally moved to a wide left role when we were chasing the game, and so wasn't expected to perform the role Carlos would expect from the start. Hence why Reach more often than not, got the nod.  

30 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Yes I do.

Switched from striker after 60 cos we were toothless. Hooper came on to partner Fletch and we scored immediately.

Guest RocketOwl
20 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Yes I do.

Switched from striker after 60 cos we were toothless. Hooper came on to partner Fletch and we scored immediately.

We also lost.

3 hours ago, Jamie_W said:

His head doesn't appear to have been right since last year. He needs to go, we can't get that player back. If it means we can sort the team out and get the players we want and need then it's a blessing. I just hope we can trust Carlos with the money...

2 weeks ago at Preston, Forestieri was the only outfield player to give a bobbar, so if his head is not in the right place it doesn't say a lot for the rest of the team.

9 hours ago, Holmowl said:

I dont imagine you are intending to link Westwood's moment of madness to FF being moved to wide left?

But you're linking FF moving out left to us scoring? 

You cant have it both ways. We played well for an hour in that game, with FF up front. The last 30 we were on the back foot after the change, and conceded 2.

So...a 26 page thread dedicated to the fact that someone lumped some money on him moving to Brighton. 

Perhaps he might be off at the end of the window, but that appears to be all conjecture and speculation at the moment. 

Time to get him back into the fold in any event. Waste of time having a player like that on your books and not getting him involved now. He's had his punishment and hopefully, he's learnt a lesson. 

We shall see.