The Wednesday v Chesterfield Matchday Thread

much prefer Reach as a wingback as tonight. Thought he was class.

If Hunt is injured do we have a fit RB? Where does Stobbs play?

Shame Hirst didnt get a place on the bench instead of Nuhiu. Waste of a sub place in a game like tonights

3 minutes ago, modboy said:

Shame Hirst didnt get a place on the bench instead of Nuhiu. Waste of a sub place in a game like tonights

Stobs is a winger, and we have Matias, it's fine :manager:

1 minute ago, modboy said:

Hutch did the job perfectly, stick him there... unless he is needed in net 

2 minutes ago, modboy said:

thought he was converting to a wingback these days? (Stobbs)

well the times ive seen him in the u23s he has been playing as a winger, but maybe he can play there, but Hutch will if Hunt and Palmer are out. Unless Hutch is gonna play in goal

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, WayneTheOwl said:

Pathetic again that line up. Chance to give fringe players like Mathias, Winnall etc a game and plays same old. Bannan out wide roger me. He can't leave him out can he. Don't win this then he needs putting out of his misery.

Bannan was MOTM by a country mile he was simply superb and thats without one of the best individual goals i've seen in years 

8 minutes ago, rob chester said:

Positves

Dominated possesion

Created plenty first half

Bannan

Jones

Fletcher

Hooper first half

Winnall when he came on

Wallace

Negatives

Second half we let a very poor Chesterfield create half a dozen decent chances

Seemed  content to win 2-1 for most of the second half didn't creating much for most the half

Pudil

Abdi

Was pudil really a negative? I mean from what I could see he seemed to do ok. Not great sure but not bad considering out of position. Also you missed hutch off the positives

Glad to see we created a fair few chances and had quite a lot of shots.

It seems like quite a fair while since we created so many chances in a game.

Hopefully we will play more like that and return to the attacking football of Carlos' first season.

Bannan's goal was a beauty. Although it was just the 1st Round of the Cup and a League 2 side,

it's good to get some goals and a win under the belt. Hopefully we can take that into the League.

And go on a League Cup run like we did in Carlos' first season, playing exciting attacking football.

But firstly the next two home League games will be tricky but at least we can take some confidence and goals into those games.

But in order for us to effectively play the attacking football of Carlos' first season, we need to keep Fletcher upfront

and we need to bring in some pace into the team, a midfield beast and some defensive cover. 

I would make a bigger bid for Charlie Mulgrew, try and sign Adlene Guedioura or someone similar to him, and bring in

a young top flight pacy winger in on loan, someone like Ademola Lookman, Seyi Ojo or Patrick Roberts or similar to them would be ideal.