OMDT - Stags vs Owls

I remember a 3-0 defeat at Mansfield.

At a time when going to new (but dilapidated) grounds meant seeing us lose to another tinpot team. 

Seem to recall it being a night match, chucking it down, and took an age to get home to Stocksbridge.

16 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

At a time when going to new (but dilapidated) grounds meant seeing us lose to another tinpot team. 

Seem to recall it being a night match, chucking it down, and took an age to get home to Stocksbridge.

Last time I went to Mansfield (can't exactly remember when) but what I can remember was the urinals were blocked and p155 was running out through the turnstiles

23 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

I remember losing 3-0 at Mansfield on an Easter game. Big crush outside trying to get in - I think Alan Thompson was skipper. 

6 minutes ago, s73owl said:

Last time I went to Mansfield (can't exactly remember when) but what I can remember was the urinals were blocked and p155 was running out through the turnstiles

Urinals ?....Luxury......we used to dream of having urinals........there were ten of us living in a cardboard box etc etc etc

5 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

Urinals ?....Luxury......we used to dream of having urinals........there were ten of us living in a cardboard box etc etc etc

I say urinals it was half a plastic pipe sunk in the floor through a hole in the wall 

My one and only visit to Field Mill was in the TC/Andy Mac era.

Seem to remember the ground was on top of a hill. Middle of winter, freezing, not a blade of grass anywhere. Me and my brother stood behind a low wall so close to the pitch we got splashed with mud from the lino's boots as he ran past.

Reading some of the earlier posts I'm now wondering if we actually watched the entire match standing in the bogs.