Timing of the summer signings

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

Perhaps its better if you dont think then.

Off the cuff comment i suspect? Our squad needs looking at...two failed palyoff campaigns and lost of disgruntles fans would also suggest my comment is more relevant that your stupid response!!

Edited by Wednesday_Jack

1 hour ago, dani_armo said:

I think Fletcher scored 11 in 24 starts.....not that bad really

39 appearance and 11 goals...without been to fussy about it, its literally 1 in 4...not set the world alight but as normal OT is blinded by the 5 games. It was only in January that SF was a waste of space. SF inst consistent enough to fire us to promotion i'm afraid. 

I would be happier for CC to find a system that gets the best out of JR (who is proven) and bring in another striker to help with that.

Edited by Wednesday_Jack

Most Premier League clubs still haven't issued their retained lists yet, 14, whilst a number of Championship clubs ,9, have still to do so. Once we know whose been freed then get in as early as possible for targets. We also need to be more savvy in the loan market. Last season we were outdone by Brighton, Huddersfield (ouch!), Leeds and Bristol City to name but a few.  

Edited by Beauchief Owl

2 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Fletcher as played 40 games and scored what....8/10 goals??? Sound let's keep him, top 2 is gauranteed next season!!

Fletcher = 1 goal every 206 minutes.
Nando = 1 goal every 230 minutes.
Hooper = 1 goal every 253 minutes.
Winnall = 1 goal every 288 minutes.
Rhodes = 1 goal every 457 minutes.

Just so ya know.

19 hours ago, dani_armo said:

I think Fletcher scored 11 in 24 starts.....not that bad really

Yep and that's playing in a side that has trouble creating chances for its strikers.

I think if we sort the creativity out from midfield, strikers like Fletcher, Rhodes, Winnall, Hooper, Forestieri and even Joao would be good enough to get a team promoted from this league over a season. 

They may have a lack of pace, but that's why we need pace and creativity in midfield to transition play from one part of the field to the other.  Which sadly we don't have 

I would take our strike force over the one's Brighton had this season, but I would rather have some of their midfielders, which says it all to me 

40 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yep and that's playing in a side that has trouble creating chances for its strikers.

I think if we sort the creativity out from midfield, strikers like Fletcher, Rhodes, Winnall, Hooper, Forestieri and even Joao would be good enough to get a team promoted from this league over a season. 

They may have a lack of pace, but that's why we need pace and creativity in midfield to transition play from one part of the field to the other.  Which sadly we don't have 

I would take our strike force over the one's Brighton had this season, but I would rather have some of their midfielders, which says it all to me 

I would certainly take their midfield. As for the strikers, it's hard to say, given the way we set up, it doesn't do our strikers any favours