Better or worse season????

Exactly. We have spent millions to stand still and the quality of football has gone backwards. Winning whilst still playing some decent football is not an unrealistic expectation given our investment but more often than not the we dint deliver on that. 

18 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Worse. 

Ended up up losing in the semi final rather than the final, with virtually the same team as a year ago. 

I struggle to see how anyone can say we have improved. 

Exactly. We have spent millions to stand still and the quality of football has gone backwards. Winning whilst still playing some decent football is not an unrealistic expectation given our investment but more often than not the we dint deliver on that. 

Last season felt more magical and although the final was disappointing I came away from Wembley proud.

Whereas this season has always felt a bit laboured and most of the wins were narrow ones that we expected.

Also last night was more gutting IMO as I felt we'd pissed away a better opportunity than last season (with the quality of the opposition). It was just horrible.

Worse for me, never felt that we fulfilled our potential, always waiting for the team to click but it never really happened. Never really felt like it was going to

be a promotion season even though we kept grinding out the results and until last night the hope was always there. 

Bigger disappointment for sure but all in all a better season.

Despite non stop injuries and disruption we finished well in the playoffs despite never looking truly convincing  but our season has been defined by four poorly taken penalties and a header hitting the bar at Birmingham. 

Such fine margins could have given us seven more points reduced Brightons by three and left us facing Fulham on the last day with a chance for autos rather than a dead rubber with the reserves out. 

Played 70% of the season with the handbrake on.

We got results due to having better individuals but as a team never really got close to fulfilling our potential.

The two playoff games summed up the season as whole.

It felt like a slog whereas the previous season we played with purpose and a degree of flair - much better to watch.

Weird really. I can't make my mind up.

I enjoyed watching us more last season and found this season frustrating in patches but strangely I felt more confident that we'd do it this time.

So, I don't know.

25 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

Bigger disappointment for sure but all in all a better season.

Despite non stop injuries and disruption we finished well in the playoffs despite never looking truly convincing  but our season has been defined by four poorly taken penalties and a header hitting the bar at Birmingham. 

Such fine margins could have given us seven more points reduced Brightons by three and left us facing Fulham on the last day with a chance for autos rather than a dead rubber with the reserves out. 

On the flip side we were a few Kieran Lee late interventions from missing out on top 6 all together. 

57 minutes ago, PeteG_1984 said:

Last season felt more magical and although the final was disappointing I came away from Wembley proud.

Whereas this season has always felt a bit laboured and most of the wins were narrow ones that we expected.

Also last night was more gutting IMO as I felt we'd pissed away a better opportunity than last season (with the quality of the opposition). It was just horrible.

Agree

i thought last season was probably our best chance of going up, how wrong I was, this season (play offs) I feel was even more of a better chance for us.

next season will be tougher no doubt 

UTO