Better or worse season????

Was thinking is it better or worse than last season?  Can't 100% make my mind up. 

Better .... we finished higher and had more points than last season. 

Worse.... we played slower defensive football and went out in the semi final after 2 poor performances. 

Would like people's opinions on it as others I know are not quite sure. 

Anyways just want next season to start now. 

19 minutes ago, kilnhurstowl said:

Was thinking is it better or worse than last season?  Can't 100% make my mind up. 

Worse.... we played slower defensive football and went out in the semi final after 2 poor performances. 

Yep ready to go now, not sure players will be yet mind. They looked knackered 

Edited by don'tCallMeOwlCallYo

2 minutes ago, BEARBEAR said:

Overspent and underachieved, so worse. 

Not good enough. 

Can't afford to thrown money at it again like last two seasons, and not go up. Expect cut backs. 

There's undoubtedly some juggling going on behind the scenes with transfer fees etc.

I'm guessing we could do with a large cash injection in the next year's figures, which can only really come from player sales as far as FFP is concerned.

i think a good cash up front offer for one of our more sellable assets will be hard to refuse now. We've been spending well beyond FFP this season I'm sure.

Guest Kameron
1 minute ago, BEARBEAR said:

Overspent and underachieved, so worse. 

Not good enough. 

Can't afford to thrown money at it again like last two seasons, and not go up. Expect cut backs. 

No problem with cut backs, the squad doesn't need a total overhaul.  Some fresh ideas and a plan b and would do for starters, Huddersfield had a budget similar to that of Rotherham's, it's not always about money.

Spent a lot more money to basically end up with the same players in the last match this season as last.

Difference being that last years last match was at Wembley, where we didn't show up, and this years last match was at Hillsborough, where once again we didn't turn up.

So more points and a higher position in the league meant nothing.

also the football was dire and terrible to watch on the whole this season compared to last

31 minutes ago, Greengrass said:

Strangeinseason, played poorly in some matches, looked world beaters in others.

Do we want brilliant football and finish 8th OR play like we have done in recent games & finish top 6 ?

Must have missed the world beaters matches. We have one of the best defencive records In division but at what cost. Return to the football of last season please

1 hour ago, kilnhurstowl said:

Id say the first choice eleven is the same ,given last nights team was the same team that played at Wembley last season with the exception of Fletcher. 

23 minutes ago, the third man said:

Spent a lot more money to basically end up with the same players in the last match this season as last.

Difference being that last years last match was at Wembley, where we didn't show up, and this years last match was at Hillsborough, where once again we didn't turn up.

So more points and a higher position in the league meant nothing.

also the football was dire and terrible to watch on the whole this season compared to last

This is the fact that happy clappers will surely struggle to explain. It's basically a damning indictment of 1 or 2 (or even both) aspects of CC's management

1.He struggles with recruitment.

2. He struggles to utilise his purchases correctly.