Empty seats

Guest Deleted member

SAG don't dictate anything to do with restricted view 

Don't believe everything you read on here 

3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

SAG don't dictate anything to do with restricted view 

Don't believe everything you read on here 

They do in a way. They're restricting numbers on the Kop due to the "dangers" associated when it's emptying. The club has had no choice but to not sell restricted view tickets in a way to reduce the amount of numbers on the Kop.

Kop prior to seats 22,000

Kop seats 11,210

How SAG can come up with that dispersion of the Kop is an issue when double that amount used to frequent it is baffling. Correct me if I'm wrong but no problems have ever happened on the Kop 

I was talking about this last night. Someone mentioned that season tickets have been restricted to 22K and we were discussing why. I came to the conclusion that whilst SAG have had input on the north stand reductions for the concourses, away end allocation and home fans' use of the lower west, the overall ground ticket sale reductions can not be wholly attributed to them. I imagine that there may be a case of a business-lead strategy of increasing demand by restricting supply. 

We generally have a critical mass of fans, and that has (other than 'big' games) left the club with thousand of unwanted tickets. This throughout our history has meant supply has never been a problem. With the reduction of home tickets to circa 30K many casual or pay-on-the-day fans might think twice about an up-front commitment to a season ticket or membership to guarantee tickets next term, partially with some 'big' clubs coming to Hillsborough, and the potential in further home area ticket allocations.

3 minutes ago, Animis said:

I was talking about this last night. Someone mentioned that season tickets have been restricted to 22K and we were discussing why. I came to the conclusion that whilst SAG have had input on the north stand reductions for the concourses, away end allocation and home fans' use of the lower west, the overall ground ticket sale reductions can not be wholly attributed to them. I imagine that there may be a case of a business-lead strategy of increasing demand by restricting supply. 

We generally have a critical mass of fans, and that has (other than 'big' games) left the club with thousand of unwanted tickets. This throughout our history has meant supply has never been a problem. With the reduction of home tickets to circa 30K many casual or pay-on-the-day fans might think twice about an up-front commitment to a season ticket or membership to guarantee tickets next term, partially with some 'big' clubs coming to Hillsborough, and the potential in further home area ticket allocations.

So in order to attract more fans we limit them and leave empty seats left unsold? :columbo:

That is a sh!te business strategy, I'm out! 

My belief is that the club are actively exploring the possibility of a new stadium.

The club have started publicly vocalising their irritation at not being able to utilise areas of the ground and how difficult the ground is from a policing perspective. They've made noises about wanting to move away fans and how difficult this has proven to be. 

Look around you at the stadium. 32,000 isn't a Hillsborough "sell out" and it never has been.. until areas of the ground that were previously available for sale start not being. 

Naturally we won't hear about it until we reach the Premier League, but expect frustrations over ticket availability, restricted use of seating, SAG, policing and segregation to be actively used to sell the prospect of a move when the time comes. Some of it's already trickling through now. 

18 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

They do in a way. They're restricting numbers on the Kop due to the "dangers" associated when it's emptying. The club has had no choice but to not sell restricted view tickets in a way to reduce the amount of numbers on the Kop.

Kop prior to seats 22,000

Kop seats 11,210

How SAG can come up with that dispersion of the Kop is an issue when double that amount used to frequent it is baffling. Correct me if I'm wrong but no problems have ever happened on the Kop 

A young bloke from Lincoln died of crush injuries in a cup game v Manchester City (RIP), that was Feb 17th 1934 when we had 72,814 in the ground.  

Sag do have an agenda with the club.

Apparently the north west corner has no safety certificate so could be deemed dangerous.

Yet against Huddersfield the first 5 rows had people sat in them and the sky gantry above.

If it's not fit for purpose then these people should not be in that stand. 

It's bull shine the lot of it, I would love Chansiri to take them head on and I got a feeling he may do.

Alot of revenue being lost. 

14 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

So in order to attract more fans we limit them and leave empty seats left unsold? :columbo:

That is a sh!te business strategy, I'm out! 

Indeed - but as the home fans' numbers close from the current 25K to the 30K max, the more fans become anxious about getting a ticket in the POTD conventional way.

Just now, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

It still doesn't make sense. Your system would see 5k seats going empty but a crammed ticket office in the run up.

Not sure it adds up to 5K, when you take off the SAG restrictions, but I feel it's a strategy for the long term, in getting the core fan support up from 20K to 25K to 30K etc. 

This then is a great base when attempting to get the funding for a new stadium or ground redevelopment. 

For too long wednesday fans have dipped their toe in from time to time, which leaves the club susceptible in long-term planning like major capital infrastructure costs. 

12 hours ago, robowl4life said:

They did for play offs last season, what's f00kin changed since!? Complete f00ktards them lot.

I could see just fine and nobody got hurt...IMG_3556.thumb.JPG.958443008127c84fe93d9ff1bab99cb5.JPG

Yeah but if that post got annoyed or you gave the other post the eye it would have all kicked off and look at the size of it , you'd have had no chance 

12 hours ago, robowl4life said:

They did for play offs last season, what's f00kin changed since!? Complete f00ktards them lot.

I could see just fine and nobody got hurt...IMG_3556.thumb.JPG.958443008127c84fe93d9ff1bab99cb5.JPG

That bit where the stadium turned on it's side really threw me off. 

9 minutes ago, SiJ said:

That bit where the stadium turned on it's side really threw me off. 

I think us winning threw a lot of people off, especially Brighton , if only we could have turned the pitch on it's side last wednesday 

Guest Deleted member
1 hour ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Most popular National game has to take safety seriously, it should have a national body setting the same standards across the nation at all stadia.

It has the Green Guide.

Thats the same thing, and as I understand it the reason our capacity is reduced is down to the Green Guide being applied

SAG haven't stopped the club selling tickets behind the kop posts, they have restricted the total number of seats which can be sold on the kop.  The club, quite sensibly, has made the decision that the seats which will not be sold are those with a restricted view. 

What did seem odd on Wednesday was that if the crowd figure was correct, there were 7,000 seats not sold and therefore empty. At a push, I could probably identify about 4,000 empty seats which should have meant a crowd of over 35,000. Did anyone actually think there were really 7,000 empty seats( or more than half the capacity of the New York stadium)?

9 minutes ago, Andrew Robinson said:

SAG haven't stopped the club selling tickets behind the kop posts, they have restricted the total number of seats which can be sold on the kop.  The club, quite sensibly, has made the decision that the seats which will not be sold are those with a restricted view. 

What did seem odd on Wednesday was that if the crowd figure was correct, there were 7,000 seats not sold and therefore empty. At a push, I could probably identify about 4,000 empty seats which should have meant a crowd of over 35,000. Did anyone actually think there were really 7,000 empty seats( or more than half the capacity of the New York stadium)?

The explanation above is spot on. Explained at the steering group. All to do with 'vomitories' and concourses etc. 

The club pretty much said that if capacity was not increased back to 36/37k (at the recent assessment), they'd take it to the next stage: ie possibly legal action, and call another steering meeting to discuss how fans can help or influence 

Edited by General_Grievous

On Thu May 18 2017 at 13:25, chrisf said:

Those who wanted to go but couldn't get a ticket - the seats aren't all behind the post, just restricted view.

As it was, me and my lad had our season ticket seats in row 5 of the North last night and some twonk stood up every time we got near the box - so we got our own restricted view. he had a kid with him too, so should have known better. I love to stand but my lad can't see if we go to the back of the North, so we need to be near the front and then this happens. Even people standing in row 1 at times!

People standing up at a playoff semi??

What is the world coming to eh?