Question re: S6 PA system

On 08/05/2017 at 22:06, S36 OWL said:

Its so the south standers can hear it without having to turn their hearing aids up . 

Quite the opposite. The 'South Standers' have to turn their Hearing aids DOWN. And there were numerous people round me of normal hearing who were complaining.  

On 8/5/2017 at 12:22, Mr. Tom said:

I sit about halfway up the Kop, and this season I've noticed on a few occasions that the half-time Yorkshire Tea gubbins they run on the big screen has been broadcast at absolutely ear-shattering volume. Not always - just sometimes. Yesterday for the first time it was so bad I actually had to put my fingers in my ears, and two little kids on the row behind me started crying and saying it was hurting. Today my ears are ringing.

My question is, was/is it the same for people in other areas of the ground, or is it a weird architectural quirk of exactly where my seat happens to be and the acoustics in the ground? Was it noticeably worse than usual yesterday for anyone else?

If it's just me, I'll shut up and move seats. But kids crying and people grimacing/covering ears all around me seems fairly mental; I'm pretty sure I don't sit in a particularly soft section and I wonder if the club have run any decibel tests on that stuff in different sections of the ground, because yesterday was just ridiculous - apart from anything else we couldn't hear a word of it as it was distorting so badly (not, of course, that we felt we were missing out!).

Surprised your ears work with that tuneless band of t!ts behind you

On 8/5/2017 at 14:05, Semedo's ferret said:

First noticed it v Villa first game of season. Having moved from the grandstand to the kop, thought it was just how it was on't kop. But like you say, it's not all the time, and is particularly bad when the tetleys tea advert comes on. 100% that the club needs informing. 

Maybe it needs to be louder lol

On 08/05/2017 at 16:17, Mr. Tom said:

Completely besides the point, but I've always found the whole concept and 'ecky thump' branding of Yorkshire Tea faintly hilarious. Pretty sure it's grown in Rwanda, Kerala etc same as all teas, and moreover that 'tea' grown on an allotment outside Rawmarsh or Cleckheaton would taste quite strange and possibly kill you. lol

I've got some bad news about Mars bars that you're not going to like.... :biggrin:

Seriously though, Yorkshire Tea are pretty open about where their tea comes from - the Yorkshire part is that it was originally specifically blended in Yorkshire for the types of water in the region, which is much softer than most other areas and has different levels of minerals in it, etc.

4 hours ago, DeeJayOne said:

I've got some bad news about Mars bars that you're not going to like.... :biggrin:

Seriously though, Yorkshire Tea are pretty open about where their tea comes from - the Yorkshire part is that it was originally specifically blended in Yorkshire for the types of water in the region, which is much softer than most other areas and has different levels of minerals in it, etc.

The more you know, eh? Interesting!

On 2017-5-8 at 18:37, puttyman said:

A mate of mine is a sound engineer, and over the next 6 months he has the job of replacing the entire PA system at Hillsborough. It has been failing for years and some of the speaker mounts need replacing due to wear and tear.

I hope this is true as We certainly need a new one......its clarity you need not just cranking it up really loud. I sit at the back of the North stand and it's awful sound quality back there. If its loud its distorted and when they turn it down its just seems to echo really badly.

I hate to say it but I had the misfortune of going to Br@mhall Lane earlier in the season (mates 40th and a free pi55 up) and I noticed how good there's was, really clear when the bloke was on the Mic and music that sounded like it was supposed to......made me realise just how bad ours is!