Real or Barca

Guest Fletchers head guard

Is the decision to play either of these two based on anything but they are the Harlem Globetrotters of football?

Would love to have seen us play Queens Park instead, given they are celebrating 150 years the same as us it would be fitting. But not sexy enough is it.

Grow up. Probably best if you stay at home and watch heartbeat re runs when it's actually announced 

Real Madrid once the season had started would be pointless - both clubs would put out their reserves!

Whilst the thought of someone like Real Madrid or Barcelona coming for a friendly sounds exciting, it's a friendly - which are notoriously boring!

I'd rather wait a few years until we play these sorts of clubs in the Champions League! lol

Is the decision to play either of these two based on anything but they are the Harlem Globetrotters of football?

Would love to have seen us play Queens Park instead, given they are celebrating 150 years the same as us it would be fitting. But not sexy enough is it.

No, it's not sexy at all, I want the long legged sexy bird, not the small plump one.  (Sorry small plump ones, I am a hypocrite I'm sure you have a lovely personality, I don't even have that)

We could do both.

What do you think the reaction would be from the fan base as a whole if the main 150th anniversary pre-season game was announced as Queens Park?

You do know that Harlem Globe Trotters are not really world beaters right, whereas Barca and Real are the most successful teams in the modern are and have the best payers of their generation and arguably ever.

We could do both.

What do you think the reaction would be from the fan base as a whole if the main 150th anniversary pre-season game was announced as Queens Park?

You do know that Harlem Globe Trotters are not really world beaters right, whereas Barca and Real are the most successful teams in the modern are and have the best payers of their generation and arguably ever.

And? I've seen both. In their home grounds. In competitive fixtures. Far cheaper than what we will be expected to pay to watch reserves and youth team products with the odd first teamer stroll around S6 in a friendly.

And? I've seen both. In their home grounds. In competitive fixtures. Far cheaper than what we will be expected to pay to watch reserves and youth team products with the odd first teamer stroll around S6 in a friendly.

Nice boast post, so have I!

I would imagine DC would want assurances that a mixture of first team players would be involved rather than just purely reserves and youths otherwise it wouldn't be worth us paying the fee they expect. 

As sentimental as it may be, a 'marquee' game against Queens Park would not fit the bill for most fans.

Nice boast post, so have I!

I would imagine DC would want assurances that a mixture of first team players would be involved rather than just purely reserves and youths otherwise it wouldn't be worth us paying the fee they expect. 

As sentimental as it may be, a 'marquee' game against Queens Park would not fit the bill for most fans.

Boast post?

Going on holiday to Spain? SPAIN? Oh ok then. 

Boast post?

Going on holiday to Spain? SPAIN? Oh ok then. 

Many football fans would like to be able to tick off seeing the likes of Barca & Real in competitive games, work commitments, family & supporting their own team can make this difficult for many to do. 

Many football fans would like to be able to tick off seeing the likes of Barca & Real in competitive games, work commitments, family & supporting their own team can make this difficult for many to do. 

Well I work part time, have major health issues and managed it. So I'm not going to pretend it was hard or special to do so. I just budgeted.

You just want to have a dig at all things I post at the moment. Your choice. 

Well I work part time, have major health issues and managed it. So I'm not going to pretend it was hard or special to do so. I just budgeted.

You just want to have a dig at all things I post at the moment. Your choice. 

It's nothing personal! Just happens that I disagree with you on a couple of issues that we are both discussing about our club. 

It may not have been difficult for you, others may have financial commitments that you don't, have kids that they can't leave for a weekend or take with them and watch their own team home and away every week. It's easy to be flippant about assuming what is in peoples capabilities.

If the club ran a poll of whether to play a club of the ilk of Real & Barca for our major 1-off friendly game or  Queens Park I reckon the latter would be in the minority.