Wednesday v Warnock - the stats

9 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Fk Colin & his inferiority complex where we're concerned. Weird, insecure & annoying. Retired 4 times and yet his ego won't let him relax long enough to put his feet up.

Mute button gets pressed the second his ugly mug appears on the telly.

Shytehawk.

Yea f*** Colin, same w****r that got a team relegated by a player he gave away a few months before. 

5 hours ago, RyanSWFC said:

Just done a bit of research and we really do have a terrible record against Warnock teams. I make it that we've only won 3 in 19 with him in the opposition dugout.

Untitled.png

Why do we have such a bad record against him?

He's only got the better of us twice in the last 9 attempts.

Most of the losses we've suffered have been when we were expected to lose when we had no money and poor players.

The exception is toy town last season when he did a stunning job to keep them up with an unbelievable run of results.

Nothing to fear when he brings his Cardiff side.

Pig/wind up merchant/egotist. He's all these but above all he's a brilliant manager. I'm a lifelong Owl but I'm honest enough to not only recognise this but also brave (foolhardy?) enough to post it on here.

48% win record with Cardiff, kept surely the worst side ever to 'grace' the Championship up last season, is it 7 promotions? If only he was an Owl...

Edited by Almat

That record is missing the 4 matches from Notts County (2 Wednesday wins, a draw and a defeat). I won't include the Zenith Data Systems Thingy. So overall 8 wins for Warnock, 5 for Wednesday and 10 draws.

The main thing that says for me is that he draws a lot of games. The majority of those games fell in the 2000-2010 era when we had a desperately poor side, scrapping against relegation most seasons. We lost more than we won against most teams. So the fact he's only ever beaten us once by 2 clean goals in 23 attempts and his teams have only ever once scored 3 times in a game against us once shows what a dour manager he is.

He'll make a limited side tough to beat. And given resources and a decent squad he'll play with the handbrake on and that team will never really progress. Even on the occasions he's scrapped up through the playoffs most of his teams have gone straight back down.

So don't expect lots of goals on Friday. The first one could prove crucial.

We should have won down in Cardiff earlier this season but seemed to take our foot off the gas and settle for a point which annoyed me at the time...theyre a pretty decent side and he's done his job well (again) in getting them up the league...since its become obvious they are now safe tho their form isnt quite so good...nothing to fear...play the team not the manager and we'll be fine! Ps Warnock is a complete git but must admit I like characters like him in the game!!

12 hours ago, vulva said:

And that false laugh, that comes from the back of his throat. Rancid. Should never have managed another football club after that debacle against West Brom when the game got called off. 

And anyone on here that wanted him as manager wants dry bummin with an underripe pineapple. 

This a million times over^^^^^

Can't abide the cheating cnut