IS CARLOS WORTH KEEPING?

Keep or sack Carlos?  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Has Carlos got another season in him?

• Sack
    • Keep

This poll is closed to new votes

9 hours ago, Ronio said:

If Carlos was good enough to get us to the playoff final last season, getting us within 90 minutes of the Premier League , then I will give him my full backing when things haven't been going our way.   

Ranieri at Leicester sacked after doing the impossible .

Maclaren at Derby sacked for taking derby from 4th bottom to the fringe on the play offs .

Rowett sacked for being 7th with Birmingham. 

Karanka sacked by boro after taking them up last season .

If you go to the football matches you will know we have become stale and predictable with no plan b, it's alarming how bad we've become in less then a year.

Last season the football was great to watch but this season it's been awful.

If we have to go another season with carlos then I'd be worried .

8 hours ago, LoOkOut said:

Ranieri at Leicester sacked after doing the impossible .

Maclaren at Derby sacked for taking derby from 4th bottom to the fringe on the play offs .

Rowett sacked for being 7th with Birmingham. 

Karanka sacked by boro after taking them up last season .

If you go to the football matches you will know we have become stale and predictable with no plan b, it's alarming how bad we've become in less then a year.

Last season the football was great to watch but this season it's been awful.

If we have to go another season with carlos then I'd be worried .

We once sacked a manager while we were 7th in the Premier League

It all went downhill fast after that

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 minute ago, LoOkOut said:

Better keep him on then .

Just saying, be careful what you wish for

Just when you think things can't get any worse

We have to remind ourselves

This is Wednesday, things can always get worse

And usually do

Make The Play-offs and He starts as head coach next season, but if we fall away and miss out,Then DC make have to ask some serious questions on whether CC can take the team to the next level.But given there are so few quality managers out there,My view is to stick with CC.

17 hours ago, Stoop said:

Last season was phenomenal, we were taking teams apart and playing fantastic football

This season has been tedious for the most part and had seen CC  adopt a more conservative approach, which had pissed off all of the fan base 

I would reluctantly give him until the end of the season, and then say goodbye if it ends on failure 

Maybe last season he was living off the foundations  that S.G built and got a bit lucky, that clean sheet machine was well oiled and ran like a dream, all he had to do was add a bit of fire power to what we had to push us on. I keep finding so many wenger comparisons with Carlos its frightening. He added firepower to the defence that Graham built and won things, when they retired he hasn't won anything really since. 

1 minute ago, shezzas left peg said:

Maybe last season he was living off the foundations  that S.G built and got a bit lucky, that clean sheet machine was well oiled and ran like a dream, all he had to do was add a bit of fire power to what we had to push us on. I keep finding so many wenger comparisons with Carlos its frightening. He added firepower to the defence that Graham built and won things, when they retired he hasn't won anything really since. 

It is worth noting that the spine of this team (Hutchinson, Lee, Loovens, Lees and Westwood) was here before CC

44 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

Just saying, be careful what you wish for

Just when you think things can't get any worse

We have to remind ourselves

This is Wednesday, things can always get worse

And usually do

God talk about being sh*t scared lol

Edited by LoOkOut

4 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

Just an observation mate

No need for point scoring

No point scoring pal.

Sacking a manager whilst 7th was bad seeing as it was in the premier league and the money wasn't that much back then as it is now , but blaming that sole incident on our demise that followed for years is a bit stupid as there were many mistakes made back then for many many years .

The appointment of Wilson as manager was the final nail in the coffin and the signing of two unknown Scottish players and putting them on 40 k a week .

2 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

We once sacked a manager while we were 7th in the Premier League

It all went downhill fast after that

No we didn't. But keep posting. We probably agree on Carlos, though. Sacking him would be crazy. 

1 hour ago, LoOkOut said:

No point scoring pal.

Sacking a manager whilst 7th was bad seeing as it was in the premier league and the money wasn't that much back then as it is now , but blaming that sole incident on our demise that followed for years is a bit stupid as there were many mistakes made back then for many many years .

The appointment of Wilson as manager was the final nail in the coffin and the signing of two unknown Scottish players and putting them on 40 k a week .

There you go again with a slur

I'm not stupid mate

And I didn't blame that sole incident on our demise

I said it was all downhill from there

4 minutes ago, Shezza said:

No we didn't. But keep posting. We probably agree on Carlos, though. Sacking him would be crazy. 

My apology's

You're right, we eventually finished 13th

I find the highlighted sentence interesting though, and I take from that it isn't just me

Management career[edit]

Sheffield Wednesday[edit]

After the departure of Ron Atkinson, Francis took over with popular support from club and supporters. He guided Wednesday to an excellent third-place finish in 1992. The following year, Wednesday reached the FA Cup and League Cup finals, losing both to Arsenal, the former after a replay. In 1994, Francis finally retired as a player, shortly before his 40th birthday. He was sacked as manager a year later after Wednesday finished 13th in the Premiership, and many people still feel that his dismissal - the result of one relatively bad season - was the cause of a subsequent decline from which the club has still not fully recovered.

In February 1992, Francis brought former French International Eric Cantona back from the wilderness by inviting him for a trial at Sheffield Wednesday. However, as the snowy conditions meant that he could only evaluate Cantona on astroturf, Francis requested an extension to the trial to see whether Cantona could play on grass.[13]

An outraged Cantona walked out on The Owls and was signed (without a trial) by Leeds United, famously inspiring first them and then Manchester United to success.

1 minute ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

My apology's

You're right, we eventually finished 13th

I find the highlighted sentence interesting though, and I take from that it isn't just me

Management career[edit]

Sheffield Wednesday[edit]

After the departure of Ron Atkinson, Francis took over with popular support from club and supporters. He guided Wednesday to an excellent third-place finish in 1992. The following year, Wednesday reached the FA Cup and League Cup finals, losing both to Arsenal, the former after a replay. In 1994, Francis finally retired as a player, shortly before his 40th birthday. He was sacked as manager a year later after Wednesday finished 13th in the Premiership, and many people still feel that his dismissal - the result of one relatively bad season - was the cause of a subsequent decline from which the club has still not fully recovered.

In February 1992, Francis brought former French International Eric Cantona back from the wilderness by inviting him for a trial at Sheffield Wednesday. However, as the snowy conditions meant that he could only evaluate Cantona on astroturf, Francis requested an extension to the trial to see whether Cantona could play on grass.[13]

An outraged Cantona walked out on The Owls and was signed (without a trial) by Leeds United, famously inspiring first them and then Manchester United to success.

Well, it might have been time for Trev to go. We could have gone down on the last day of the season. 

As for Carlos? Sacking him would be embarrrassing. I despair at times. We're work in process, and hopefully the vocal fools wont force him out. 

Those calling for his head should be ashamed.