Bannan is the problem!!!!

2 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

Seriously sick of seeing him get so much of the ball and adulation...

Sits too deep

Completely lightweight

Gives the ball away

Creates nothing

Scores only every 6 months

Expects all his teammate's to do all the running

Doesn't drive forward

Wants to play the Hollywood ball without following them up

Overall fkn bobbar

There I've said it...and don't get me started on fkn Jones...worst midfield pairing in the entire league...

Embarrassed and fkd off AGAIN tonight

You could be describing the entire team tonight . Bannan was no worse than anyone else. Tonight , to a man they were s h i t e 

Runs around a lot  (which our fans love) but creates very little. Tries to play the Hollywood pass which inevitably doesn't come off and leaves us exposed. Terrible player but for some reason majority of our fans love him which is baffling. 

3 minutes ago, thommowl said:

Runs around a lot  (which our fans love) but creates very little. Tries to play the Hollywood pass which inevitably doesn't come off and leaves us exposed. Terrible player but for some reason majority of our fans love him which is baffling. 

A lot of our fans love him because too many of them live in the past Bannan was different gravy last season but for the majority of this one he's been below average and for what ever reason its the truth.

He isn't good enough, still one or two blame it on players around him, but if you watch him closely in a game he offers very little and is one of the main reasons that we constantly lose the midfield battle, he is a man down a lot of the time in there.

Personally I thought this was a problem last season too, he is fine against poorer teams, but it is no coincidence that our results against the stronger teams have been poor this season and last with the odd exceptions. 

Bannan has been awful this season.  

Whenever I've seen him on the televised matches he often gets caught on the ball and misplaces overly optimistic passes.  

He must go to bed at night and dream that he's Pirlo or Michael Laudrup because he tries to pull off the passes of a genius when in reality he doesn't have 1/100th of that sort of ability.

Also, is there a central mid in this league that scores fewer goals that Bazza? 

Get a manager in that's willing to play Hutch, Lee and Abdi in a midfield 3 (with better depth than Baz and Jones behind them) and with the likes of FF and Rhodes ahead of them we can dominate this league. 

5 hours ago, elvin parsnip said:

Don't see how he can play when Lee is back - unless he puts Hutch to CB again to accommodate him 

My feeling is that by the time Lee is back it won't be CC making those decisions...

6 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

Seriously sick of seeing him get so much of the ball and adulation...

Sits too deep

Completely lightweight

Gives the ball away

Creates nothing

Scores only every 6 months

Expects all his teammate's to do all the running

Doesn't drive forward

Wants to play the Hollywood ball without following them up

Overall fkn bobbar

There I've said it...and don't get me started on fkn Jones...worst midfield pairing in the entire league...

Embarrassed and fkd off AGAIN tonight

Said this for weeks and weeks...not quite sure who he thinks he is but if I was his team mate he would have been leathered   Ages ago!! Living off his own ego n seriously thinks he's better than his team mates.

i think I actually I said this in another thread...he thinks he's Clinton Morrison waving his arms around and moaning at his team mates !! 

5 hours ago, thommowl said:

Yeah it's like trying to paint a picture without any paint isn't it? What do you expect when none of his team mates move into position to receive a pass and he's no option but to either pass it sideways or backwards all the time? I know the average football fans aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer but some of the sheet expressed on here over the last few months would be put to shame by a 15 year old  

Not for 1 minute am i trying to fight Bannans corner here but movement and pace off the ball is awful.

Yes this season hes been below par, simply not the player we saw last year.

He doesnt seem to play with the same energy which for me set the tone and the tempo throughout the side last season, yes we can argue that this may be because hes lost Lees, Hutch & FF but whatever the reason is he just simply looks lost out there at times.

Simple passes that he either ignores or doesnt see and his neshing of tackles on a constant basis is sooooo frustrating but ask yourselves.......

He is our main outlet, our main man that everything we do goes through, the opposition know this and dont allow him to dictate the game for us as he did last year.

So have we been found out this year and is CC still trying to stick to plan A even though its not working & are we making Bannan the new scapegoat?

Guest The Horse
6 hours ago, thommowl said:

I'm one of those that like players to run around a lot. 

It creates space and doesn't let the opposition settle. 

Last night was like watching statues at times. So, so static that Reading were never really troubled. Throw-ins especially were just laughable at times. 

We could've played til midnight and we wouldn't have scored. 

6 hours ago, thommowl said:

Definitely no Iniesta - but terrible? Give over. 

Bannan has been made a bit of a scapegoat in my opinion. You can feel a lot of our fans waiting for him to lose the ball or make a bad pass, it's like he is scrutinised much more than most other players. If you wait for any player to make a mistake or sometimes just not do anything amazing so you can moan then you could do this with most of our squad. I'm not saying Bannan has been great or he shouldn't be dropped but the criticism is dissproportionate. And as for the opinion that he doesn't work hard, just strolls around, etc that's just factually incorrect. He's been inconsistent this season for me, not consistently bad.