The Curse of 6th Place

Guest everydays_wednesday

Let's settle for 6th as never going to trouble top 2.....think I would rather finish 6th than 3rd like Brighton did last year.

Playoffs is a total lottery and whether you finish 3rd or 6th doesn't really matter. 

Having said all that, 7th would be worse.......although I think we will finish 5th.

3 minutes ago, everydays_wednesday said:

Let's settle for 6th as never going to trouble top 2.....think I would rather finish 6th than 3rd like Brighton did last year.

Playoffs is a total lottery and whether you finish 3rd or 6th doesn't really matter. 

Having said all that, 7th would be worse.......although I think we will finish 5th.

You put your left leg in, your left leg out...

2 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

Yeah, cheers for going off on a tangent on my totally amazing thread, m8.

It's why we are real life friends m8. 

I agree though, big Dave should have started. 

Edited by jambler

1 hour ago, Adem Poric said:

How many times have we had the chance to move up to 5th or higher in the last two seasons? Every time we have the chance we either lose or fail to beat someone we would expect to.

Is it a curse?

Are we doomed to 6th place?

Is there an issue with mentality?

Is it bad luck?

Will Batman escape the Penguin's evil plan?

Wait. Forget that last one.

Maybe we need to get this geezer back to get rid of the curse 

Image result for chansiri buddhist monk

1 hour ago, Adem Poric said:

How many times have we had the chance to move up to 5th or higher in the last two seasons? Every time we have the chance we either lose or fail to beat someone we would expect to.

Is it a curse?

Are we doomed to 6th place?

Is there an issue with mentality?

Is it bad luck?

Will Batman escape the Penguin's evil plan?

Wait. Forget that last one.

I'm starting to think it's a mental thing with the lads. It's as if they think they're good but dont truly believe they are.

We need to sign an arrogant, strutting c u n t with a massive ego to drag them over the line.

8 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

Yes! Some utterbastard has a doll of the league table with a pin stuck in the 5th position chanting weird, anti-Wednesday incantations, whilst naked.

Defo.

Naked? Hope its a bird then

7 hours ago, OneDavidHirst said:

I'm starting to think it's a mental thing with the lads. It's as if they think they're good but dont truly believe they are.

We need to sign an arrogant, strutting c u n t with a massive ego to drag them over the line.

Would JOEY BARTON suit you sir ?

Trouble is, he is" knocking on a bit !"

10 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

The positive is no one seemed to want to take 6th off us at the end of last season and so far no one seems that keen this season either.

It's Fulham we need to watch, think they will finish top six so us or Reading to drop out, we need to beat reading, massive game.

If we can hold onto 6th without having to get a result against Fulham that's as good as we can hope for. We can rest a few going into the playoffs. Rremember the advantage we had over Brighton last year when they were at it right up to the end of tthe season and burnt themselves out. 

11 hours ago, everydays_wednesday said:

Never settle for anything other than winning the next game.  We are not comfortable in the playoff positions by any stretch of the imagination