Nuhiu to get the best out of Rhodes

2 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

I've only noticed you slating Fletcher but championing Eeyore

I am sick and tired of comments, like the one above.

"Eeyore"

"Big lump"

"Useless "

"Donkey"

Etc

Etc.........

I fully accept  that Atdhe Nuhiu is something of a marmite figure.

A player who really divides opinions. 

However,  this man is a Sheffield Wednesday player.

One of OUR TEAM.

A player who does his best for the team !

Some posters on Owlstalk really rate the man.

Others obviously don't,  but to resort to personal insults against one of  our team is just not on, in my opinion. 

Criticism is one thing, but Name calling of this sort is best left in the playground !

13 minutes ago, np pontefract said:

I am sick and tired of comments, like the one above.

"Eeyore"

"Big lump"

"Useless "

"Donkey"

Etc

Etc.........

I fully accept  that Atdhe Nuhiu is something of a marmite figure.

A player who really divides opinions. 

However,  this man is a Sheffield Wednesday player.

One of OUR TEAM.

A player who does his best for the team !

Some posters on Owlstalk really rate the man.

Others obviously don't,  but to resort to personal insults against one of  our team is just not on, in my opinion. 

Criticism is one thing, but Name calling of this sort is best left in the playground !

You are upset by name calling but it's fine for you to bracket him as marmite ?

lol

10 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

You are upset by name calling but it's fine for you to bracket him as marmite ?

lol

Marmite was used in the post to underline the fact that Atdhe Nuhin strongly divides opinions, nothing more.

If you don't like Marmite, you could always start calling it names !

8 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

2 of those were penalties. That makes it 4 goals from open play. That's £10K a goal for a weeks wages.

Someone that can score a penalty you say?

Missing penalties has cost us four points already.  Let's hope that doesn't cost us come the end of the season.

Midfield is the problem. They haven't supplied for ANY of our strikers all season. 

To get the best out of Rhodes we need to put balls into the box. That's where Rhodes comes alive. Reach can't take a man on or cross a ball for his life. Wallace plays narrow, which allows Bannan to be played wide. (Wait a minute?) That should be other way round shouldn't it? DUH. Also a one trick pony, Wallace. Hutch only kicks people (which I'm fine with) HAHA. Jones is sidewards and backwards. There's no pace or movement. It's a shame because the midfield was brilliant last year. We miss Lopez and Lee. I actually believe Lee was wiping Bannans behind and made him look better. Ever since Lee has been out, he hasn't been the same!

No team sits behind the ball at Hillsborough, they all come and have a go. So where's this attractive football? 

1 minute ago, Dylan93 said:

Midfield is the problem. They haven't supplied for ANY of our strikers all season. 

To get the best out of Rhodes we need to put balls into the box. That's where Rhodes comes alive. Reach can't take a man on or cross a ball for his life. Wallace plays narrow, which allows Bannan to be played wide. (Wait a minute?) That should be other way round shouldn't it? DUH. Also a one trick pony, Wallace. Hutch only kicks people (which I'm fine with) HAHA. Jones is sidewards and backwards. There's no pace or movement. It's a shame because the midfield was brilliant last year. We miss Lopez and Lee. I actually believe Lee was wiping Bannans behind and made him look better. Ever since Lee has been out, he hasn't been the same!

No team sits behind the ball at Hillsborough, they all come and have a go. So where's this attractive football? 

Hence FF on the left 

14 hours ago, 33 said:

Has to be said that everyone has seemed to have a better strike rate when paired with our Atdhe

The team also returns more points per game with the big fella starting

Not interested in the arguments that we have better players, because I know we do, but we have a better performing team with him in it

Bring back Big Dave

Yes!... somebody on owlstalk that actually understands how football works.

If we cannot deliver direct dynamic passes down the channels for Rhodes, Winnall Fletcher and Fessi etc  to feed off...(and I can just about count on 2 hands how many times these, previously succesful passes, have been seen this season) ..then there is a ready made second option to feed off knock downs from the big man.

Been crying out for the plan B all season and with Winnall and Rhodes at the club now (and begging for help) this will ...yes will, resolve so many issues.

Just now, Mr Soul said:

Yes!... somebody on owlstalk that actually understands how football works.

If we cannot deliver direct dynamic passes down the channels for Rhodes, Winnall Fletcher and Fessi etc  to feed off...(and I can just about count on 2 hands how many times these, previously succesful passes, have been seen this season) ..then there is a ready made second option to feed off knock downs from the big man.

Been crying out for the plan B all season and with Winnall and Rhodes at the club now (and begging for help) this will ...yes will, resolve so many issues.

List how many times it's worked this season and how many times it's not.

As per, the pro Nuhiu lot seem to forget that he can't score/ run or win a header/ tackle without falling to the floor complaining of a free kick that he's nowhere near going to win.

Simply not good enough, if he ever appears on the pitch again whilst we've got other fit strikers to choose from then we are fukked

If you accept that Nuhiu will not score lots of goals, will frustrate the fans at time and is a worse footballer than Winnall or Fletcher, then the benefits of having him on the pitch are:

Team spirit (everyone seems to love playing with him)

Hard work (blood to water every game)

He upsets opposition defenses (nightmare to play against, he doesn't always know what he wants to do..)

He adds a nuisance factor (as a team we do tend to score more when he plays)

1 minute ago, philswiz said:

If you accept that Nuhiu will not score lots of goals, will frustrate the fans at time and is a worse footballer than Winnall or Fletcher, then the benefits of having him on the pitch are:

Team spirit (everyone seems to love playing with him)

Hard work (blood to water every game)

He upsets opposition defenses (nightmare to play against, he doesn't always know what he wants to do..)

He adds a nuisance factor (as a team we do tend to score more when he plays)

Ozzie Owl can do exactly what you have described.