Nuhiu to get the best out of Rhodes

1 hour ago, 33 said:

Has to be said that everyone has seemed to have a better strike rate when paired with our Atdhe

The team also returns more points per game with the big fella starting

Not interested in the arguments that we have better players, because I know we do, but we have a better performing team with him in it

Bring back Big Dave

Said the same thing Friday at work and got laughed at. 

Just give Nuhiu/Rhodes 45 minutes, with Fessi on the wing and Hutch CB. Just to see. 

I know it won't happen though. 

1 minute ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Can I just ask if some on here want us to get promoted? 

If Nuhiu gets more games then we won't stand a chance. His last goal for us was 1yr ago? A supposed striker and his last goal was ONE YEAR AGO!!

We all know he isn't a goal threat but he does play that target man role better than those who have been given that role this season.

3 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Fine that's your opinion. But I'm struggling to see why we brought Fletcher in for the money he's on and the length of contract he's on. Can you honestly say he's been anything other than disappointing?

We bought Fletcher because he looked a good buy and can score goals. Summat we clearly have not being getting with Nuhiu. Fletcher getting a big crack on his head in his 1st game and subsequent injuries has hampered his season, he and we have been a tad unlucky. To suggest Nuhiu is better is quite frankly ridiculous

Just now, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

We bought Fletcher because he looked a good buy and can score goals. Summat we clearly have not being getting with Nuhiu. Fletcher getting a big crack on his head in his 1st game and subsequent injuries has hampered his season, he and we have been a tad unlucky. To suggest Nuhiu is better is quite frankly ridiculous

We didn't buy him he was out of contract, where was the evidence he was a goal scorer? Hadn't got into double figures for 4 seasons. 23 in 102 games for Sunderland. That isn't a prolific striker. Despite all the good deals we have done under Chansiri we ballsed up with this one.

Just now, TomtheOwl95 said:

We didn't buy him he was out of contract, where was the evidence he was a goal scorer? Hadn't got into double figures for 4 seasons. 23 in 102 games for Sunderland. That isn't a prolific striker. Despite all the good deals we have done under Chansiri we ballsed up with this one.

That was in the Prem. Like you said he was a free and he was in demand from several clubs at the time. Hindsight is a great thing but I don't remember anybody at the time saying he wasn't what we needed. The injuries he's had have been detrimental to his/ our season and nobody can really say he wasn't good enough for this league at the time we took him on.

Let's not forget this thread is about Nuhiu to be in the 11. He has to be the worst and most under performing player on our books

Just now, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

That was in the Prem. Like you said he was a free and he was in demand from several clubs at the time. Hindsight is a great thing but I don't remember anybody at the time saying he wasn't what we needed. The injuries he's had have been detrimental to his/ our season and nobody can really say he wasn't good enough for this league at the time we took him on.

Let's not forget this thread is about Nuhiu to be in the 11. He has to be the worst and most under performing player on our books

I'm not trying to be wise after the event, I did say this. I had a number of discussions about it both online and in person with people. I quoted the exact numbers I have mentioned here and people were surprised. I think there was a perception that because he was coming from the Premier League that he would be a class above but that isn't an exact science, look at this division it's littered with players that thought they would bounce back into the Premier League by taking the step down. The injury argument is fair but not for the whole season, he's been fit in some games where he's been awful. I'm genuinely struggling to think of more than 3/4 games where he has looked anything like a top Championship target man.

As for Nuhiu like I say, I think in games such as yesterday he offers something others don't. I'm not saying start him over Rhodes, Winnall or Hooper when he's back but he is different to all those. The reason I use Fletcher as an example is that he is a similar player and arguably signed as a replacement for Atdhe. Personally I think Winnall is better in the air than both of them and I still can't understand why he didn't come on against Leeds.

23 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

maybe we should have gone for drogba instead or berbatov is looking for a club

Just now, Greenhgate Owl said:

well with some of the stupid posts going about ,i thought id join in.

think you need to lighten up

I don't, I'm trying to have a sensible discussion about my football club and the players within it. I have my opinion, others have theirs. I've said this before but maybe some on here just take football more seriously than others.

Just now, TomtheOwl95 said:

I don't, I'm trying to have a sensible discussion about my football club and the players within it. I have my opinion, others have theirs. I've said this before but maybe some on here just take football more seriously than others.

saying nuhiu is a good player is not sensible,its hilarious

go on give us another neg lol