Nuhiu to get the best out of Rhodes

1 minute ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Sensible and a shout for Nuhiu to start ? :columbo: 

Look, football is about opinions. I get that Adthe isn't popular with some, I like him. I think he offers something that we don't have from anyone else at the club. It's not like I've said he's the 2nd coming of David Hirst is it?

3 minutes ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

reyt sensible head on

fletcher has 6 goals this season?

do you truelly believe if nuhiu had got the same time as fletcher he would have matched that ?

2 of those were penalties. That makes it 4 goals from open play. That's £10K a goal for a weeks wages.

Edited by TomtheOwl95

1 minute ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Look, football is about opinions. I get that Adthe isn't popular with some, I like him. I think he offers something that we don't have from anyone else at the club. It's not like I've said he's the 2nd coming of David Hirst is it?

but you brought up fletchers scoring record but no mention of nuhius

2 minutes ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

reyt sensible head on

fletcher has 6 goals this season?

do you truelly believe if nuhiu had got the same time as fletcher he would have matched that ?

I still think his last goal for us would be the one he scored a year ago, so No. And if you think Nuhiu would've scored 6 I fear for your mind

Just now, Greenhgate Owl said:

ok ,would he have got 4?

and nuhius been here what 4 years ,got 20 ,25 at push in that time

he's on say 10k a week

so nuhius goals are costing more

I think he would have a similar record, oh and to answer your other question I did say Nuhiu wasn't much of a goal threat. The problem is Fletcher isn't either which is an issue when he also can't bring a ball down or any of the other key attributes of being a target man.

I think he would have a similar record, oh and to answer your other question I did say Nuhiu wasn't much of a goal threat. The problem is Fletcher isn't either which is an issue when he also can't bring a ball down or any of the other key attributes of being a target man.

So you openly admit Nuhiu's not much of a goal threat but you want him to be in the starting 11?  :columbo:

Rhodes does need a partner IMO and that should be Winnall

Just now, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

So you openly admit Nuhiu's not much of a goal threat but you want him to be in the starting 11?  :columbo:

Rhodes does need a partner IMO and that should be Winnall

Depends on the opposition to be honest but I'm fairly certain I said that.

Just now, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

I've only noticed you slating Fletcher but championing Eeyore

Just for the record I think Nuhiu will leave in the summer regardless of what happens. I also think Rhodes and either Winnall or Hooper when he's back is our best strike force.

Maybe, maybe not. I think he'd have scored the one Fletcher missed on Tuesday night and the one up at Newcastle that was harder to miss than score.

You're a bit blinkered in what you see, have you seen some of the chances Nuhiu has missed? And as for the ones you think he may have scored, it's more likely he'd have been laid on the floor somewhere appealing in vain for a freekick he was never going to win

3 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Maybe, maybe not. I think he'd have scored the one Fletcher missed on Tuesday night and the one up at Newcastle that was harder to miss than score.

3 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

fernando missed against forest when it was easier to score,shall we drop him for nuhiu

• Haha 1

Fletcher & Rhodes

Hooper & Rhodes 

Hooper & Fletcher

Forestieri & Rhodes 

Forestieri & Fletcher

Rhodes & Winnall..

Every striker partnership possible can and will work...

- Just need wingers and full backs that find a way to provide crosses there comfortable performing.....not forcing (everything Reach did against Leeds looked forced, rushed, performed in a way he was uncomfortable with)

- Center mids who hold their positions, stop dropping deep and inviting pressure.

Edited by bigash_swfc

Rhodes did great with Gestede as a big target man alongside him.

Whilst not quite the same think Winnall can get flick ons and hold the ball up fine.Hooper too.

Not sure how far ahead we'll have planned for Rhodes joining us with regards to strike partners.

Think Fletcher and Joao might be off in the summer regardless.

With Norwich next up for us i did think a front two of Cameron Jerome and Rhodes at this level would be incredible.