Anyone not renewing their ST?

I renewed as soon as it was announced. 

Decided to move to north from south. 

Gonna call in ticket iffice at next next home game and swap my seat for the next home game after and try my new seat out. That way I can sample it on a match day. 

Swap if I don't like it or the bloke next to me cusses a lot. 

14 hours ago, Greengrass said:

It's a commitment getting an ST not to mention the outlay. Don't blame anyone for not renewing everyone got different circumstances, loads of people I know that used to have ST aren't even bothered about going to the odd game, some couldn't be arsed to go to Wembley. 

Got some weird mates you have lol 

1 hour ago, ANDY said:

I renewed as soon as it was announced. 

Decided to move to north from south. 

Gonna call in ticket iffice at next next home game and swap my seat for the next home game after and try my new seat out. That way I can sample it on a match day. 

Swap if I don't like it or the bloke next to me cusses a lot. 

I was in the South v Blackburn and one bloke used 3 swear words in a five word sentence.

"You're effing dogsehite you tvvat". 

And me me and my young son sat in the Forest Family Enclosure Saturday, and when FF scored one dad stood up and hurled such foul abuse at his team that the whole place fell silent and just stared at him.

Old joke....

A fella has won the World Rudest Limerick Championship 24 years on the trot. In the 25th year he enters what he believes to be his filthiest and best ever, and is so confident that instead of attending he stays home and phones for the inevitable good news.

He is shocked to hear that he came second, beaten by a limerick sent in by an 88 year old lady.

"That's impossible! It was my filthiest ever. Read out the winner to me."

"Can't over the phone. It's absolutely filthy"

"Well hum the dirty bits then"

"Er, ok....

Da dum da dum da dum

Da dum da dum da dum

Da dum da dum

Da dum da dum

Da dum da dum da tvvat."

Guest Copthorneowl
2 hours ago, Andoverowl said:

Makes you laugh doesn't it, 455 quid it costs me over a grand a season just to travel up to S6 that's more than the cost of mine and 2 lads ST!

You do extremely well mate to fund two/three tickets and journey from where you travel from. It's a huge effort and commitment but  the travel can be a big problem from time to time.

Whats spoils it for long journey fans also  is the mid week and night and weekend changes made by Sky they ruin it for those who both travel by car and want to catch trains and need to book in advance and wouldn't dream of compensating those who've bought train tickets that are non refundable and of no use to the purchaser.

Edited by Copthorneowl

25 minutes ago, zico.b said:

I think you have to have 'been there' with lack of finances to appreciate a balanced position on this.

For my part, it was mid to late 90's when I couldn't afford to go (household commitments rather than unemployment).

It was really hard just listening on the radio (internet was still a new fangled thing then).

Since early 2000's I've been fortunate enough to be able to commit financially for every season.

I really feel for those that can't afford it. Those that can afford, but choose not to go, can do one!

You were doing so well until the last sentence. You have NO say in what people do with their money and time. Guilt tripping people into being "real" fans is nonsense. Why does it matter to you if someone go's to Hillsborough every day to pray or once in 10 years? I will never understand this mindset.

I'm not having a pop at you personally by the way, it's just always baffled me.

WAWAW (dependant on percentage of games attended in a season, how affordable they found it and how much merchandise they bought at the club shop)

Morning rant over. Hope we beat the scum.

1 minute ago, zico.b said:

No guilt tripping - just don't get it.

Got the money (check)

Got the time (check)

Where's the complication?

They'd rather;

Be with kids

Be with wife

Be with bit on side

Play golf

Count their money

Go rock climbing

Paint a pretty picture

Read a book

Cover their balls in jam and run into a hornets nest naked

Do DIY

Stare at the washing machine

Write a letter to their MP about roundabouts

Take the dog out

Do some exercise

Save money for travelling to timbuktu..

It doesn't really matter to me. I've been a season ticket holder and also just gone to a few games in a season before depending on various things. I don't understand the judgement from a fellow supporter. Who cares?

We all love Wednesday and want them to win but I can't get my head around looking down on someone who has to have an "excuse" not to go.

As I say we all love Wednesday and everything it means to us, but the ticket sales side of things is a business like any other. Would you stand outside Sainsburys slagging folk who were in Tescos last week?

19 minutes ago, Internationowl said:

Would you stand outside Sainsburys slagging folk who were in Tescos last week?

No but don't get me started on them Asda too hats!! 

I had a season ticket for 12 years between  2000 and 2012/13... I watched some real dark times week in week out and probably knocked a few years off my life through the stress of it! However these days I go as and when I can. Unfortunately, there's more to life than football (even though I didn't think that one day and swore I'd never say that). Money is also an issue, whichever spin you put on it season tickets are a lot of money, time and dedication. The working week isn't so much 9-5 mon - fri anymore either, just to make it that little bit harder. Obviously I'm much less of a supporter than these people who've had a season ticket the past year or two spouting off at none season ticket holders... f00k you, you weren't there maaaaaan!

lol

i don't get this true fan ,armchair fan thing ....i lived away from south Yorkshire for 40 years and would get to on average around 15 games a season ,i'm now back and have a season ticket and go to a few away but i don't feel i'm any bigger fan then i have been for the last 40 years ....1 game or 46 doesn't matter if it does then WAWAW is no more than just" 4 legs good 2 legs better"........

8 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i don't get this true fan ,armchair fan thing ....i lived away from south Yorkshire for 40 years and would get to on average around 15 games a season ,i'm now back and have a season ticket and go to a few away but i don't feel i'm any bigger fan then i have been for the last 40 years ....1 game or 46 doesn't matter if it does then WAWAW is no more than just" 4 legs good 2 legs better"........

2 legs baaaaahhd

14 hours ago, farlego said:

I'm undecided tbh. With all these midweek games it's becoming a real ball ache travelling from MK and I guess it will only get worse when we're in the prem' next season

I feel your pain. I came up from Northampton for many years. Retired last summer and moved back to SY. The joy of getting home at 10.30pm and having a lie in instead of 12.30am and being up for work at 6.00am is almost as good as watching a 3-0 win!

I am not sure that people who have never done it really appreciate the dedication and commitment shown by our long distance supporters, I take my hat off to all of you.

2 minutes ago, someone in my head said:

I feel your pain. I came up from Northampton for many years. Retired last summer and moved back to SY. The joy of getting home at 10.30pm and having a lie in instead of 12.30am and being up for work at 6.00am is almost as good as watching a 3-0 win!

I am not sure that people who have never done it really appreciate the dedication and commitment shown by our long distance supporters, I take my hat off to all of you.

was in wellingboro for 30 years ,nothing tests your faith more than drive back home on a freezing January night after a 0-2 loss to the likes of Plymouth .

1 hour ago, Copthorneowl said:

You do extremely well mate to fund two/three tickets and journey from where you travel from. It's a huge effort and commitment but  the travel can be a big problem from time to time.

Whats spoils it for long journey fans also  is the mid week and night and weekend changes made by Sky they ruin it for those who both travel by car and want to catch trains and need to book in advance and wouldn't dream of compensating those who've bought train tickets that are non refundable and of no use to the purchaser.

Yes you're right mate it is a major problem for the long distance fans, just slightly annoying when some people preach to others about the true fan rubbish when season tickets dont get renewed.UTO