Anyone not renewing their ST?

14 minutes ago, someone in my head said:

Bit of a miserable fecker though. If he was still alive, he'd do well on Owlstalk....

George Orwell, the Wednesdayite (that's thought provoking).

1984 (The Return for Big Brother to the First Division).

" all pigs are scum, but some pigs are scummier than other pigs, two legs good, four legs and curly tail bad".

Guest Copthorneowl
16 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

Yes you're right mate it is a major problem for the long distance fans, just slightly annoying when some people preach to others about the true fan rubbish when season tickets dont get renewed.UTO

Apreciate totally what what you're saying. The cost of a match is not the real problem although I have to admire you buying season tickets for you and your lads with that journey, but when you've got another 100 quid plus on top for petrol and food and then getting back at midnight it certainly tests the resolve.

I think that the way sky just come along and turn what you've planned for a nice Saturday afternoon into a cold Tuesday night is rubbish. Granted it suits a lot that can't get but doesn't help those that want to be there in person at all, or the club for that matter and to boot Carlos hates the mid week games as we know.

My son often likes to go with his mates - pre books rail travel weeks in advance then sky change the day or time and his outlay is lost, and many others do as well.

Edited by Copthorneowl

10 hours ago, Andoverowl said:

I can afford mine and the lads mate it's just the travel costs and the spend on the day that cripple it for me.

Yes I get that as you live miles away so a home games not 2/3 hours its a full day plus like you say travel which adds up.

Hopefully you end up renewing as even if you make half the games at least you have a chance of tickets for any big cup or play off away games next season.

8 hours ago, Internationowl said:

They'd rather;

Be with kids

Be with wife

Be with bit on side

Play golf

Count their money

Go rock climbing

Paint a pretty picture

Read a book

Cover their balls in jam and run into a hornets nest naked

Do DIY

Stare at the washing machine

Write a letter to their MP about roundabouts

Take the dog out

Do some exercise

Save money for travelling to timbuktu..

It doesn't really matter to me. I've been a season ticket holder and also just gone to a few games in a season before depending on various things. I don't understand the judgement from a fellow supporter. Who cares?

We all love Wednesday and want them to win but I can't get my head around looking down on someone who has to have an "excuse" not to go.

As I say we all love Wednesday and everything it means to us, but the ticket sales side of things is a business like any other. Would you stand outside Sainsburys slagging folk who were in Tescos last week?

In fairness those people are either at a stage where there interest in Wednesday has become just that a slight interest or never really had it anyway and might pop up at lane if they get to Prem 1st.

I missed a lot of the mid 90's due to lack of cash so massively sympathise with that and I used to hate listening to matches on Radio but when the cash was back and work allowed well other stuff doesn't take priority as there's at least 5 other days a week for that. 

1 minute ago, coopswfc76 said:

Yes I get that as you live miles away so a home games not 2/3 hours its a full day plus like you say travel which adds up.

Hopefully you end up renewing as even if you make half the games at least you have a chance of tickets for any big cup or play off away games next season.

Think I'm going to join foundation and get the lads club membership, still going to come up for some games and POTD so I'm still making a contribution. UTO