Jack hunt

42 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Good cross, rest of his game poor.

Having said that he was left totally isolated, Wallace was clearly told to tuck in, which left a gaping hole on our right and hunt with 2 players to mark.

We needed width

Harsh. I thought he had a good performance all round.

9 minutes ago, dazaston said:

I have said all season Jack Hunt offers us so much more in a positive attacking team than negative Palmer does. He needs more cover when he drives forward & he got it last night from Wallace who had probably his best game defensively this season.

Agree, Wallace has been much more influential in games recently. Possibly since Lee has been out?

Said it many times before on here. Get decent crosses in to Rhodes/Winnal/Hoops and they'll score.  Right footed right winger/wingback, left footed left winger/wingback. I like Wallace but to cross from the right he has to stop, put it on his left foot and then cross it which gives defenders time.

The cross was exquisite, and he energy; particularly at home where he seems to thrive, is good to see. However, he still has defencive frailties. His indecision at one time and mis-placed pass lead to their counter which Fox had to take a booking at the edge of our box which could have been crucial - it wasn't. 

I think Hunt has had a poor season, although he performed excellently last night in patches, no more so than with what was a fantastic cross for Winnall's goal.

Last season I thought that he looked just shy of being a really good full back at this level. This year however his distribution has been poor, he hasn't been nearly effective enough going forward and he constantly seems to get out muscled. I've felt it's pretty much a throw up between him and Palmer.

However Hunt has all the attributes to be the far superior player, I'm hoping his performance last night gives him the confidence to push on a bit, gain some consistency and make himself the first choice at right back again