It`s official!! welcome Callum

Guest mrbluesky

Just now, Holmowl said:

Its possible. I know he is very disappointed by his treatment at Boro, so he may view playing time rather than money as his key criterion.

Anything is possible in the crazy modern football world.

The team is looking tight knit just now and I see that as our strength at the moment.

I really hope we deal very wisely in the next month.

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Anything is possible in the crazy modern football world.

The team is looking tight knit just now and I see that as our strength at the moment.

I really hope we deal very wisely in the next month.

Wisely and early.

who knows about Rhodes but if it comes down to  a choice of us or villa then villa are probably favourites on many fronts  .......i'm not sure I would have wanted to have worked on the shop floor  of a company where my dad was part of the management team .

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Happy with this.  Pacey and direct.  The only problem is how long it takes him to get fit!

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

11 minutes ago, torryowl said:

who knows about Rhodes but if it comes down to  a choice of us or villa then villa are probably favourites on many fronts  .......i'm not sure I would have wanted to have worked on the shop floor  of a company where my dad was part of the management team .

Even if you were on 25 times the salary of your old man?

1 hour ago, mrbluesky said:

Still within our remit @kidc77 ;-)

Yep we apparently were after him and McCormack at higher prices so I would say so. 

And no no I wasn't being sarcastic, trust me if I was being sarcastic I would have been much more harsh on your comment. You said hopefully we can get better. That is a throw away comment if you can't mention who is better ( which by the way you still haven't because you can't ) 

im not in sarcasm mode at the moment even though your comment was very close to me going down that route.  I won't though as it's Christmas. 

3 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Even if you were on 25 times the salary of your old man?

he could probably get more at villa and wouldn't have the possible  hassle of his dad being on the management ......what is said among the players probably stays within there confines if it gets back to the management who do you think the players are going to be looking at .....

Guest mrbluesky
5 minutes ago, kidc77 said:

Yep we apparently were after him and McCormack at higher prices so I would say so. 

And no no I wasn't being sarcastic, trust me if I was being sarcastic I would have been much more harsh on your comment. You said hopefully we can get better. That is a throw away comment if you can't mention who is better ( which by the way you still haven't because you can't ) 

im not in sarcasm mode at the moment even though your comment was very close to me going down that route.  I won't though as it's Christmas. 

Dog/bone

Thanks for not being harsh or going down `that ` route :rolleyes:

We weren't after McCormack because of his price (as stated by CC) so I would say not.

Just now, mrbluesky said:

Dog/bone

Thanks for not being harsh or going down `that ` route :rolleyes:

We weren't after McCormack because of his price (as stated by CC) so I would say not.

Well reports were we did bid 15 million at least twice for two different players so I would disagree. You are right about a dog/bone. 

I do do like to debate with people and I agree forums are about differing views I just like to push people to find those views, I guess I ain't goi g to get that from you which is fine. 

I didnt say iwasnt being harsh though, I said I wasn't being sarcastic I can be and overly so. Not here though. Just genuinely interested in who you thought was better. I guess it's mainly because I have heard quite a few say this and no one ever says who so don't take it personal.

Guest mrbluesky

Dog/bone

Again you are looking silly,I have told you my view on Rhodes,you can`t accept and continue to regurgitate  the same response, but then contradict yourself by saying "which is fine"

So is it fine or isn`t it?,that is the question...

Guest Copthorneowl

Find it very hard to believe we are likely to have any real interest in JR with figures quoted around 12mill and his likely wages. Also he's not likely to be match fit. Why would CC andDC want to break the player pay structure for an unfit player we've already seen how that works.

I am sure that many think that DC should take a gamble if he wants to  do it this year but for the life of me much as I admired the JR of a year or so ago he has to be a huge gamble and far too much dosh. Far too many are looking at the Rhodes of Hudds he's not that player anymore imo.

Personally think he's a similar less quick version of Hooper but not as willing to run the channels and chase down balls (in the style we play) and we certainly ain't going to start playing any new systems to accommodate him. 

People tipping him to go to Villa but again the question is, is he better than Kodija and McCormack and Gestede jury is out for me.

I'm the first to acknowledge we are not putting enough of our chances away but personally would prefer a striker in the Kodija style rather than another fox in the box. However we all see things the way we see them.

Guest mrbluesky
31 minutes ago, kidc77 said:

Just for reference this is where you said someone better than him. Just to answer your other question which was where have I said better options. 

Operative word being "someone" like I say I am not on the scouting committee of SWFC 

22 minutes ago, kidc77 said:

Well reports were we did bid 15 million at least twice for two different players so I would disagree. You are right about a dog/bone. 

I do do like to debate with people and I agree forums are about differing views I just like to push people to find those views, I guess I ain't goi g to get that from you which is fine. 

I didnt say iwasnt being harsh though, I said I wasn't being sarcastic I can be and overly so. Not here though. Just genuinely interested in who you thought was better. I guess it's mainly because I have heard quite a few say this and no one ever says who so don't take it personal.

If you follow SWFC you will clearly remember CC saying we can`t compete in the McCormack Fee/wages market,do keep up ;-),I think you are getting mixed up with making enquires,I believe the same of Rhodes when at Blackburn.

5 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Operative word being "someone" like I say I am not on the scouting committee of SWFC 

If you follow SWFC you will clearly remember CC saying we can`t compete in the McCormack Fee/wages market,do keep up ;-),I think you are getting mixed up with making enquires,I believe the same of Rhodes when at Blackburn.

Ok I get your not a scout, that's the one thing I have got from this who

e non debate. but it isn't hard to name a player you think is better but obv you don't want to so fine leave it at that. 

Maybe I'm wrong I only trust what I'm told but I know someone at the club who told me we had bid 15 million twice before it even hit the papers. Like I said I don't know as I'm not at the club myself just what I was told so I imagine it is within our remit or close to it. 

Guest mrbluesky
1 minute ago, kidc77 said:

Ok I get your not a scout, that's the one thing I have got from this who

e non debate. but it isn't hard to name a player you think is better but obv you don't want to so fine leave it at that. 

Maybe I'm wrong I only trust what I'm told but I know someone at the club who told me we had bid 15 million twice before it even hit the papers. Like I said I don't know as I'm not at the club myself just what I was told so I imagine it is within our remit or close to it. 

Again you are contradicting yourself,you are looking more foolish by the post, hence the second paragraph :rolleyes: