£38 quid though.....

Guest bagelybear

1 minute ago, Dave78 said:

Yeah i know but i couldn't afford a season ticket at the time, so i'll go to as many as i can with my membership.

Category A games are a tenner cheaper as well but that might just be for the Villa and Newcastle games.

Membership's good for priority if we get to Wembley and for some other away games.

That's totally fine.

I just wouldn't want people not buying an ST when spending over 450 quid on tickets.

18 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Yeah i know but i couldn't afford a season ticket at the time, so i'll go to as many as i can with my membership.

Category A games are a tenner cheaper as well but that might just be for the Villa and Newcastle games.

Membership's good for priority if we get to Wembley and for some other away games.

I think that was a big factor for people purchasing membership. It's also an up front financial commitment to the club, one less than a full ST but still helps the club.

Whilst ticket prices are excessive, I think complaints about them would be far fewer if fans were entertained for their money.

Yesterday's game was dreadful. We might have won but sitting through that for 90 minutes (less the 5 minutes at the start when I couldn't get through the turnstile) was hard work.

58 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

It's a lot more than a quid if you go to at least 15 games a season.

I'm expecting to save a tenner when we play Newcastle and being a member would guarantee me a ticket for Wembley if we get there again.

Not to be pedantic, but if you want to 15 you'd save 25 quid so it would save you 1.66 a game.

Lets say you get two games at a tenner discount though you'd save  2.33 a game.

But let's say you went to 13 Cat C games and 2 cat A where you saved a tenner you would spend over 500 quid on tickets and your membership.... now we can throw some cat E games in but you are still easily over 450 quid.

So to save using a membership you need to spend as much as you would on an ST.

The membership could give a tenner off a game with no damage to the club or FFP and I think everyone would get one.

Perhaps the steering group could suggest this, if we sold more memberships we'd sell more tickets so provided a tenner a game got more people buying them it wouldn't eat into the margin, more bums on seats, more pies in mouths, more happy fans.

6 minutes ago, Loxley Owl said:

Whilst ticket prices are excessive, I think complaints about them would be far fewer if fans were entertained for their money.

Yesterday's game was dreadful. We might have won but sitting through that for 90 minutes (less the 5 minutes at the start when I couldn't get through the turnstile) was hard work.

If we were breathing down Newcastle and Brightons necks then yeah nobody would mention tickets.

3 hours ago, Cersei said:

It's gotten to the point that if you go to half the games at home it's cheaper to buy an ST. That's how mental it is. Potg is double.

Fans who like to pick and choose are not some kind of bad fans who need punishing, we need those fans too.

The gates are holding up for big games and derbies but look at the frustration in the fans this season because we look only at best to get in the play offs again.

Hopefully we go up and the prices will seem ok but I imagine these prices and a mod table season would do some damage.

Then buy a season ticket

Like you said it works out the same price. You can still pick and choose your games. Garentee a good seat and be first in the queue for any cup, away or play off games. 

If you are a 'pick and chooser' it only makes sense now to either go to less then 10 games a season or buy a season ticket. 

3 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

I don't disagree with that. But the premium has never been this high and it doesn't sit right that many people are making light of some of the top end prices just because they got their season ticket.

I agree there should be a premium but anything over 30-35 quid breaks a barrier into the realms of punishment.

Fair point.

We saved whatever we saved yesterday because we have season tickets.

We went to the Crown before the match which used up some of our 'savings' against pay on the day costs.

Then we had three pies and a drink in the ground which pretty much put us in negative equity.

Then low and behold Fletcher in the last minute saves my day as first scorer with Wednesday win.

Sort of like a running commentary on life.

The Lord giveth (DC and Bet 365) and the Lord taketh away. (Landlord of the Crown & DCs drinks and pies).

Either way you always seem to end up breaking even at best!!

Just now, kevtheowl said:

So you pick your games then.   UTO 

I have an android box so I watch maybe a third of the games on there but I haven't picked one and gone for a while. Didn't think I would much when I left Sheffield anyway. One of the reasons I left was I knew I'd not be going to Hillsborough much at those prices. 

1 minute ago, Cersei said:

I have an android box so I watch maybe a third of the games on there but I haven't picked one and gone for a while. Didn't think I would much when I left Sheffield anyway. One of the reasons I left was I knew I'd not be going to Hillsborough much at those prices. 

So you didn't go yesterday then ? UTO 

No.

I logged on end of November and saw Cat C for both derbies and Preston and said no I'm not paying that.

I have my amount I'll pay to see us, if I have the time and fancy it and it's that price I'll do it.

Going to see how much our next home game is now actually.

2 hours ago, Loxley Owl said:

We were playing exhilarating football at home last season and there were still weekly ticket price threads.

16 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

One Rotherham fan on Praise or Grumble was complaining that it had cost him nearly £600 to attend today's match!

:ghoulguy:

To be fair, nobody forced him to burn fivers in order to keep warm.

How many people in Rovvrum have £600 ? :tango:lol