£38 quid though.....

Guest bagelybear

12 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Not everyone can do that though 

If I wasn't in a job where I work alot of weekends I would love to be an owner of a season ticket... I do go to some matches when I can but tickets are expensive, I can afford them if I want but I have 2 kids. It's hard to justify spending 36 plus quid on 90 minutes of football when that could pay for new clothes, food and so on.. If it was 20 quid I'd probably go everytime I had the chance which overall would probably cost me more over the season. I'd just feel it would be more value for money.

35 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

If we have just over 20,000 season ticket holders, and Rotherham only brought one man and his foooking dog in a crowd of 27,200. That's one hell of a walk up paying £30 plus, or is somebody gout on tell me different ?    UTO 

I bet there was a quite a few members that saved a fiver as well as i did.

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

I don't disagree with that. But the premium has never been this high and it doesn't sit right that many people are making light of some of the top end prices just because they got their season ticket.

I agree there should be a premium but anything over 30-35 quid breaks a barrier into the realms of punishment.

Fair point.

If I buy a membership at 50 quid and go to ten games and save a fiver each, I've saved nothing.

If I go to 11 I've saved 50p a game.

12 and I save a quid a game.

More than 12 and I'm better off buying a season ticket.

lol

That's worse than I realised.

5 minutes ago, Cersei said:

The saving per game is less than a quid.

It's a lot more than a quid if you go to at least 15 games a season.

I'm expecting to save a tenner when we play Newcastle and being a member would guarantee me a ticket for Wembley if we get there again.

3 minutes ago, Cersei said:

If I buy a membership at 50 quid and go to ten games and save a fiver each, I've saved nothing.

If I go to 11 I've saved 50p a game.

12 and I save a quid a game.

More than 12 and I'm better off buying a season ticket.

lol

That's worse than I realised.

It's not really justifiable is it... If you buy an adult shirt from the megastore I rekon you should get a free membership.. I dare say they would sell a fair amount more shirts too..

2 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

I'm a season ticket holder, and I have been for many years. I got my wife a membership as she can't make every game, I believe it saves £5 on each match.  UTO 

Ok, but mate, add that 50 quid on....

After 12 games you have saved 60 quid, minus the 50, that's a tenner split between 12 games, less than a quid a game. And more than 12 and you are at full season ST price.

uto kev

3 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

It's a lot more than a quid if you go to at least 15 games a season.

I'm expecting to save a tenner when we play Newcastle and being a member would guarantee me a ticket for Wembley if we get there again.

But a season ticket is cheaper than 15 potg tickets even with membership.

2 hours ago, Key said:

Yep, and when I was at school they taught me that £36 was less than £38. 

As has been pointed out there were actually no tickets available at £38, so the thread is a bit pointless really! Just like Rovrum!

Yes know but £2 is neither here or there. It came across to me that you might have thought that the Kop might be much cheaper than £38.  Apologies if I misunderstood. What annoys me is the Rotherham fans moaning about paying £36 when they are blissfully unaware probably that home supporters paying on the day are also paying that.  I think they think its about £25 on the Kop.

5 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

It's not really justifiable is it... If you buy an adult shirt from the megastore I rekon you should get a free membership.. I dare say they would sell a fair amount more shirts too..

It's simple;

Lose money on your membership at sun 10 games

Save a fiver by attending 11 or a tenner by attending 12.

After 12 you would have saved by buying an ST.

Max saving is a tenner a season.

Ok, but mate, add that 50 quid on....

After 12 games you have saved 60 quid, minus the 50, that's a tenner split between 12 games, less than a quid a game. And more than 12 and you are at full season ST price.

uto kev

I purchased the three year season ticket option last January also put the £50 membership on top of that, I'm still saving big time. And the wife saves £5 a match so before you start dictating figures at me make sure you have the facts.  UTO 

1 minute ago, kevtheowl said:

I purchased the three year season ticket option last January also put the £50 membership on top of that, I'm still saving big time. And the wife saves £5 a match so before you start dictating figures at me make sure you have the facts.  UTO 

Uto

But.... you paid 50 pound for the membership. How many games do you have to attend to save a fiver a game?

You see if it takes 10 games to break even, it takes 10 more to save 50 quid. That's still only 2.50 a game.

You would have to attend more games in a season than there are games in a season to save a fiver a game.

But a season ticket is cheaper than 15 potg tickets even with membership.

Yeah i know but i couldn't afford a season ticket at the time, so i'll go to as many as i can with my membership.

Category A games are a tenner cheaper as well but that might just be for the Villa and Newcastle games.

Membership's good for priority if we get to Wembley and for some other away games.