Hospitality at Sheffield Wednesday

One of my Suppliers has been trying to sort some Hospitality for a forthcoming home game. Meal in Dooleys, Ground Tour, and even tried to get some Balls / Shirts for a couple of kids that will be in attendance. 

He says it is like pulling teeth and everything seems difficult. Says he has been dealing with a certain fella - I don't want to put his name on here but souds distinctively Thai. 

Rather concerning but in keeping with other things and the lack of Exec Boxes occupied.

A fellow poster says all the commercial / hospitality things are being neglected as all monies are to be detailed for a ground move.

Edited by Hirstys_12th_Pint

I have heard tales of incompetence, inflexiblity and downright rudeness from an ex box holder I know.   I yield to no one in my appreciation of what Mr Chansiri has done, and he will make mistakes, but 2 areas stand out as not only poor, but not improving. One is the club shop, and the other is the treatment of box holders/hospitality. The people I know had a box during the bad times, and spent a lot of money helping keep the club afloat.   They all loved Wednesday (still do !) but were treated shabbily by the club ( I know this is second hand but he has no reason to lie). Prices were raised hugely (and they said they would happily accept a 10% increase) and no flexibility was shown nor acknowledgment of their loyalty. According to my friend, the original sales staff have left the club, and the hospitality staff (who he is still in contact with) say it is a shambles.

I don't understand why loyal wealthy supporters have been treated like this, we have empty boxes at every game.

2 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

I have heard tales of incompetence, inflexiblity and downright rudeness from an ex box holder I know.   I yield to no one in my appreciation of what Mr Chansiri has done, and he will make mistakes, but 2 areas stand out as not only poor, but not improving. One is the club shop, and the other is the treatment of box holders/hospitality. The people I know had a box during the bad times, and spent a lot of money helping keep the club afloat.   They all loved Wednesday (still do !) but were treated shabbily by the club ( I know this is second hand but he has no reason to lie). Prices were raised hugely (and they said they would happily accept a 10% increase) and no flexibility was shown nor acknowledgment of their loyalty. According to my friend, the original sales staff have left the club, and the hospitality staff (who he is still in contact with) say it is a shambles.

I don't understand why loyal wealthy supporters have been treated like this, we have empty boxes at every game.

you heard correctly 

53 minutes ago, steelowl said:

other than people asking my girlfriend for conformation :biggrin: where the heck has this suddenly surfaced from?

Neil, who's trying to drive site traffic.  Backed up by Nigel, being his usual teasing self.

3 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Let's say it true that we moving home.

2 questions for you

Where would new home be.

Where would we play till new ground was built 

I've an idea. Let's play in the old ground whilst the new ground is built. 

13 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Neil, who's trying to drive site traffic.  Backed up by Nigel, being his usual teasing self.

with 9 threads started  I hadn't noticed the drive :ph34r:

i've donated though and i reckon everyone who uses it daily should 

2 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

OK no problem with that . but hoping if true I hope new 1 is very close to Hillsborough. I.e. Hillsborough park

No chance. I've heard either Westfield or just off the Parkway. We were offered Don Valley (site) a while back for nothing. 

Like it or not it makes sense for Mr C for us to move. Hillsborough isn't geared up for modern football crowds re Hospitality / commercial side add to that poor training facilities. Its going to happen, question is when. The shirt change shows he has little time for tradition. Maybe he's changed the badge because the 70's one is easier to plagerise