Mindless animal. Name and shame him.

Guest Copthorneowl
6 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

They are fine but it is the long term implications that worry me.

1) Will they feel safe in future?

2) Will I feel safe taking them?

If the answer to either is no it will be a real shame as they currently average around 40 games a season each.

How appaling for you all. I suspect the answer to 1) and 2) is that you'll all be very apprehensive and their mum might have the last word.

sincerely hope you get satisfaction and the culprit is outed.

5 minutes ago, s110wl said:

and honestly, i'd implore people not to demand a 'witch hunt'. In hindsight, I'm sure the bloke will feel embarrassed enough. Let's not post pics of the guy..

f*ck that, name and shame the tw*t, its honestly pathetic. 

I hope they are alright, and if they are worried reassure them its a one off, and has never happened in all the other games they've been to mate

8 minutes ago, s110wl said:

and honestly, i'd implore people not to demand a 'witch hunt'. In hindsight, I'm sure the bloke will feel embarrassed enough. Let's not post pics of the guy..

Why he is obviously a clown 

Wouldn't take my lad to an away game given some of the characters that attend. Not a criticism of the OP for doing so btw - as he should be able to do so - just a personal approach until he gets older

14 minutes ago, s110wl said:

& what do we do with witches?......burn em! dont excuse the clown

Had a similar incident with my daughter when I took her away to Huddersfield a couple of seasons ago.

Bloke kept drifting across the front of my daughter, standing in front of her so she couldn't see the game.

I asked him several times to not stand in front of her but he ignored me over and over again. When I suggested he must be deaf aswell as ignorant, his response was to say I shouldn't have brought her then, and to offer me out, in front of my daughter, which his thick 20 odd year old son thought was hilarious (it might be what you call bringing your kids up well where they came from, I have no idea).

My 9 year old daughter got a bit upset at this point.

I moved her to my right and then stood shoulder to shoulder with this idiot instead, waiting for it to kick off. 

After a tense 90 mins, he eventually apologised at the end of the game (fair enough but my daughter hasn't wanted to go to a game since, she was frightened). 

Needless to say, had my daughter not been with me, events would probably taken a different turn of events. I wouldn't have had to bite my lip for my daughter's sake. 

fair enough, maybe ive misread this situation. Just dont want to see a fellow owl banned for life for kicking a seat (potentially) in frustration. 

In no way saying I condone it or that he shouldnt have done it, just trying not to ruin football for someone who might care about it as much as we do. 

Can't excuse poor behaviour and hope the kids are fine Leaping. Please don't let this put you off taking them, as I said, 95% of us are good guys.

I don't believe that in any other situation in life this bell OP has described would act like that, otherwise I'm sure he'd be in prison by now! It's not acceptable at a football match, it's not acceptable anywhere.

I can't stand anyone who puts children in danger. I can't stand anyone who frightens a child or makes them feel unsafe. Truly scum

Just now, EveryWednesday said:

I don't believe that in any other situation in life this bell OP has described would act like that, otherwise I'm sure he'd be in prison by now! It's not acceptable at a football match, it's not acceptable anywhere.

I can't stand anyone who puts children in danger. I can't stand anyone who frightens a child or makes them feel unsafe. Truly scum

I agree its not OK, but what are people hoping to achieve here? 

I agree he should apologise, and probably pay for the damage. But, say he is reported and the club take a dim view, would you want him banned for (say) three years?

13 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I asked him several times to not stand in front of her but he ignored me over and over again. When I suggested he must be deaf aswell as ignorant, his response was to say I shouldn't have brought her then, and to offer me out, in front of my daughter, which his thick 20 odd year old son thought was hilarious (it might be what you call bringing your kids up well where they came from, I have no idea

If someone offers to fight me on a night out or whatever I usually stand still, arms by my side and reply "do you think we are on a playground? Are you 12 years old?"

Usually shuts em up

4 minutes ago, s110wl said:

I agree he should apologise, and probably pay for the damage. But, say he is reported and the club take a dim view, would you want him banned for (say) three years?

Well yeah, he clearly can't control himself, even in the presence of children. You just can't do that as an adult

People don't have a god given right to attend football matches, if they ruin it for others they shouldn't be allowed to go imo

Edited by EveryWednesday

17 minutes ago, s110wl said:

I hope the club find him, make him pay for the damage and ban him.

It's not over the top, the kids must have been scared and if he cannot control his aggressive nature he shouldn't be in these situations.

Fellow owl or not he sounds a tw*t and shoukd be banned.

Just now, tuttuttut said:

I hope the club find him, make him pay for the damage and ban him.

It's not over the top, the kids must have been scared and if he cannot control his aggressive nature he shouldn't be in these situations.

Fellow owl or not he sounds a tw*t and shoukd be banned.

personally i'd give him a last chance if he offered up an apology and paid the damages. none of us have any idea who this guy is.

25 minutes ago, EveryWednesday said:

If someone offers to fight me on a night out or whatever I usually stand still, arms by my side and reply "do you think we are on a playground? Are you 12 years old?"

Usually shuts em up

This.

If fighting is your idea of a fun night out just kill yourself.

22 minutes ago, s110wl said:

Not my place to make that decision. But such banning orders are in place, in theory, to protect other people.  If you believe that judgements  (be them legal, civil or just carried out by clubs) are there to protect the general public, rather than just inconvenience the perpetrator, then perhaps someone with that little self control should be banned.