The Nuhiu effect

31 minutes ago, millo said:

That's much better. Wasn't so hard was it?

Still doesn't change the fact that I can't understand the love in for him

He has his good points and his bad points

Edited by HOOTIE AND THE SHIT TU

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo poo TU said:

Still doesn't change the fact that I can't understand the love in for him

He has his good points and his bad points

Still doesn't change the fact that I can't understand the hatred for him from some 'so-called' Wednesday fans.

6 hours ago, ViolaOwls said:

He headed the ball to one of our players, why the big deal. Hes a footballer that's headed a ball in the build up and now its him that's saved the day. Christ come on

This in a nutshell. Nuhiu can pass it 2 yards in the middle of the pitch to a Wednesday player and there will be people on here saying how good it was and how he changed the game with it. 

I've never ever ever seen us have a player do so little to get so big praise. 

19 minutes ago, RichieB said:

This in a nutshell. Nuhiu can pass it 2 yards in the middle of the pitch to a Wednesday player and there will be people on here saying how good it was and how he changed the game with it. 

I've never ever ever seen us have a player do so little to get so big praise. 

Helan round around aimlessly and got high praise from many. Semedo has spent the last six saying how much he loves Wednesday and he's treated as some kind of Godfor it .2 examples of players who do less yet were/are far more respected 

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

Helan round around aimlessly and got high praise from many. Semedo has spent the last six saying how much he loves Wednesday and he's treated as some kind of Godfor it .2 examples of players who do less yet were/are far more respected 

Agree to disagree then.

The praise for nuhiu goes way way overboard at the smallest thing he can do, it's almost patronizing to him I think. He's a professional footballer earning a few grand a week, I expect better from him with his height and physical attributes. It's my opinion he's not good enough for a club with our ambitions. If you don't agree then fine. All about opinions. 

Edited by RichieB

He scored my favourite goal of the last couple of seasons.  The thumping header at Burnley last season when we lost 3-1 but started to show signs of what would come.  Its a goal we don't see too often anymore from us.  A flat, curling cross from way out wide into the second six yard box and a towering thumping header where our centre forward has bullied the opposition centre half and just planted the header.  I think he would have more success as a Wednesday goalscorer if our style of play meant we delivered these types of balls on a more regular basis, but we don't.  

Generally with players his size they will draw defenders because you just can't fail to notice the big lump.  I'd like to say that is what happened on Saturday, but he merely shook his marker, flicked it on and the rest is history.  He's our Hail Mary.......if he contributes in the same way, in the same context 5 times a season, that's 10 points better off we would be.  I'd say keep him.

1 hour ago, spike1867 said:

He scored my favourite goal of the last couple of seasons.  The thumping header at Burnley last season when we lost 3-1 but started to show signs of what would come.  Its a goal we don't see too often anymore from us.  A flat, curling cross from way out wide into the second six yard box and a towering thumping header where our centre forward has bullied the opposition centre half and just planted the header.  I think he would have more success as a Wednesday goalscorer if our style of play meant we delivered these types of balls on a more regular basis, but we don't.  

Generally with players his size they will draw defenders because you just can't fail to notice the big lump.  I'd like to say that is what happened on Saturday, but he merely shook his marker, flicked it on and the rest is history.  He's our Hail Mary.......if he contributes in the same way, in the same context 5 times a season, that's 10 points better off we would be.  I'd say keep him.

Implying that professional footballers only attract attention if they are big is a ridiculous statement.....do you think Forestieri doesn't get a mention in opposition team talks because he's not 6'4?....no wonder Bannon always has lots of space!

20 minutes ago, Ian said:

Implying that professional footballers only attract attention if they are big is a ridiculous statement.....do you think Forestieri doesn't get a mention in opposition team talks because he's not 6'4?....no wonder Bannon always has lots of space!

Almost as ridiculous as your negative rep.......anyway I'll play ball.

Look at the context of what I was saying.  If you are a central defender, six foot and a cigar and you are hanging on in the last few minutes and the opposition are going a bit more direct, you would naturally direct your attention to the six foot plus striker brought on for such a purpose. Woe betide you with your manager if you let him get in front of you and he ends up giving the opposition second ball in the box (as Saturday). Do they only draw attention if they are six foot plus? Of course not, but if you are a big defender and you get isolated and skinned by FF well there isn't much you can do, but you can aim to stop the direct ball.

This is the Championship and whether you like it or not the majority of central defenders are very wary of direct balls into the box and balls from out wide. If you are perceived as a 6 foot threat in the box, you will draw the attention of 6 foot central defenders. If you don't, there is a greater possibility of what happened Saturday. Like I said, he's a Hail Mary. It won't always work but then if the team has played well and done its job, it shouldn't have to.

16 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I look forward to the day Nuhiu is no longer an issue. 

6 minutes ago, owlsdreamer said:

All the big Dave lovers on here make my eyes bleed.

Looking forward to the day the haters of our players are not an issue...can't see it myself...haters gonna hate

6 minutes ago, owlsdreamer said:

All the big Dave lovers on here make my eyes bleed.

I don't love him, he has huge limitations but he's what we have that is different. I'd love to see lightning pace instead but we don't have it. Id love to see a six foot four CM who can run like Reference Point too but we don't have one.

However, he's a Sheffield Wednesday player and he goes on to the pitch EVERY single time with my best wishes for a safe and effective game. Anything less and I may as well support the opposition.

1 hour ago, spike1867 said:

I don't love him, he has huge limitations but he's what we have that is different. I'd love to see lightning pace instead but we don't have it. Id love to see a six foot four CM who can run like Reference Point too but we don't have one.

However, he's a Sheffield Wednesday player and he goes on to the pitch EVERY single time with my best wishes for a safe and effective game. Anything less and I may as well support the opposition.

Not his fault if people dislike him, CC is judge & jury

I'm in the boat of not loving but not hating Nuhiu like Hootie, like the majority have said; he has his positives and negatives that he offers to the team, he's one of the most genuine people at the club and he's a good professional. I would also much rather him come on for us than against us for the last 15 minutes of a tough match.

However, the debates he causes just bring out the worst in our fans, for that reason alone I kind of hope he goes this January/next summer.

I wonder who the next scapegoat will be

His shooting accuracy is less than our other strikers. This year he has hit the target on 30% of occasions.  Last season 36% of the time. Managing to be at 40% for such a prolonged period is a remarkable stat for a forward. Hooper was on 56% last season and 78% this season. Forestieri is on 50% and was on 52% last season.

He has scored 3 goals in his last 51 appearances.  11 goals in his last 93 appearances.  WOW!

"But that's not what he is on the pitch for I hear you say.  He wins his headers and holds the ball up"!  DOES HE?????

He gives our ball away more than our other strikers - a passing accuracy of just 58%!  Fletcher 66%, Hooper 88%, Forestieri 78%.

He wins less one on one battles than our other strikers. He wins 47% of his one on one duels.  Hooper is on 55%.  Fletcher is on 50%.  Forestieri is on 57%.

He is slow.  He can't move. His finishing is awful. He is rubbish in the air. He gives the ball away with ridiculous ease.  He never scores.

But - he tries hard.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

Guest The Clapper

Many of you will hound Big Dave out of the club eventually, that much is clear.

Don't whine about no "Plan B" and us being "one-dimensional" when it happens, will you?  Most of you are clueless about squad dynamics.