Just pay him the money !! .....

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Its fine. I did it waving one of my kids Harry Potter wand, so all damage undone. I also pressed the green arrow thing on one of his other posts.

So not only have you not undone the post neg, you have altered the space time continuem with a pos in an irrelevant post.

THE END OF THE WORLD IS NIGH

3 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Fletcher's resale value may be less than Forestieri's but it is not zero, nor insignificant.

But for both, Forestieri included, it will be zero if they see out the contract they've agreed to. The power of a player to negotiate a bumper deal is by not having a selling club taking a slice.

A player's value (as a transfer asset, not as a player) decreases as the contract reaches its last year: should contracts be drafted to recognise that with a final year pay cut?

Put another way, regardless of the line of business, If I had an asset that was accruing in value at the rate of 7 million to 10 million a year but I had to increase my investment from 1 million a year to two million a year, I would still see it as a worthwhile outlay. If I had to pay the extra one million to secure the investment, I probably would. That is without even considering the possibility that the said asset could contribute a significant amount to achieving the corporate target and a potential windfall of 200 million pounds per year or more.

FF cannot be trusted. He's split the fans (those wanting him to stay at any cost and those wanting to get rid). His attitude cannot be good for team morale and that's not what we want. If he's given an improved contract and then makes the predictable comments about how he loves Wednesday blah, blah what happens when another player comes in who is on a better contract? Will FF do another strop?

3 minutes ago, Cambs Owl said:

FF cannot be trusted. He's split the fans (those wanting him to stay at any cost and those wanting to get rid). His attitude cannot be good for team morale and that's not what we want. If he's given an improved contract and then makes the predictable comments about how he loves Wednesday blah, blah what happens when another player comes in who is on a better contract? Will FF do another strop?

Welcome to the sleazy, greedy world of professional sport. What can we do to prevent such behaviour? Reinvent the wheel?

As some prominent members of this forum have stated, the higher we go from here, the worse it is going to get!

15 minutes ago, Cambs Owl said:

I would like him to stay but not at any cost, he should not be offered an improved contract until he's proved himself again. 

11 hours ago, Kernow_Blu said:

If Fletcher is on 40k and FF wants the same ...... We should give it him .....

I keep seeing that NUFC have offered £12million . If we buy a replacement in the region of 8 to 10 Mil ..... We'll have to pay them £50k a week anyway .

FF suits our system and fits in totally . Better the ' Devil you know ' . ......

If anyone in a normal job did this they would face the sack, he's acting like a greedy spoilt morngy kid, bless him i don't know how he manages to survive at the minute on the wages he is on.

He is supposed to be a professional and he should have gone about this in a professional manner, his own actions have shown him to be a bad apple and the club doesn't need that running through the team. Even if he comes out and says sorry please forgive me and the whole fan base blows him a kiss of forgiveness you can bet your last quid there will be people in the team that will not forget it.

1 hour ago, Tamworthowl said:

If I understand the suggestions within this and other threads, Forestieri thinks he is as valuable to the club as Fletcher who is on £40k/wk.

So Forestieri wants £40k/wk.

But Fletcher didn't cost the club anything in transfer fees, FF cost £3m with a three year deal. (I'm ignoring signing on fees as I've no idea if these were made). 

£3m over three years works out at £20k/wk. So, if Forestieri wants parity with Fletcher, he should be on £20k less, I.e. £15k/wk. Seems to me FF already has a good deal.

Fletcher's high pay is a result of him managing (honouring) his contract with Sunderland. FF should learn from that. 

Fletchers wage is also based on his cv, which is currently stronger than FFs (for now). 

5 minutes ago, UTO1867 said:

If anyone in a normal job did this they would face the sack, he's acting like a greedy spoilt morngy kid, bless him i don't know how he manages to survive at the minute on the wages he is on.

He is supposed to be a professional and he should have gone about this in a professional manner, his own actions have shown him to be a bad apple and the club doesn't need that running through the team. Even if he comes out and says sorry please forgive me and the whole fan base blows him a kiss of forgiveness you can bet your last quid there will be people in the team that will not forget it.

footballers seem to be self centred people and doubt they'd hold it against him coz they know we are a better side with him it and the chances of promotion and the relevent bonus's that would bring would outweigh what he has done ....they would have known he didnt want to play against villa but they all ran to him when he scored just as they will do when he comesback ....some of them  may think he's a git but you dont have to like someone to work with them .

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Fletchers wage is also based on his cv, which is currently stronger than FFs (for now). 

More likely on purely financial grounds. Fletcher is a quality striker who was available on a free transfer. That gave him substantial room for manoevre on salary negotiation. The club had to meet his demands to stop him from going elsewhere e.g. Norwich. But it was bound to cause discontent with the likes of Forestieri. 

FF is currently on £16k per week basic with £8k starting bonus, £4K goal bonus and £100k loyalty bonus payable on 30th June each year until the expiry of his contract.  

Can't say how I know this as I'd lose my Job. 

No no idea what Fletcher or Abdi are on, but I'd guess it's a fair bit more than this. 

Just now, Junglejay said:

FF is currently on £16k per week basic with £8k starting bonus, £4K goal bonus and £100k loyalty bonus payable on 30th June each year until the expiry of his contract.  

Can't say how I know this as I'd lose my Job. 

No no idea what Fletcher or Abdi are on, but I'd guess it's a fair bit more than this. 

TFYI

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Think he's foregoing the loyalty bonus. 

I have no idea bout the accuracy of those figures but 100K a year loyalty bonus, really?

Two grand a week's really going to buy loyalty for a footballer at this level, isn't it?

:manager:

Apologies, correction in the figures.  I can't post this info from my desk, so had to scribble it down.  His starting bonus if we're in the Premier League is £8k, with a basic of £22k. 

In the Championship it's £6k per start with a basic of £16k. All other figures are correct.  It also states that should he leave during his contract, he's agreed that any impending loyalty bonus will be donated to the Clubs chosen charity.