Steering Group Meeting Tomorrow

11 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Forgive me not reading every last detail of Derbys County Membership, Just the basics.

You have to pay to be on a list to get an away ticket!?!? Have I read that right?

Ha ha. I think so. It's a bit like some of the Premier League clubs where you have to pay to be on the season ticket waiting list! That's, pay, to be on a list!

I'm sure there will be some moraless souls who think that's a brilliant idea.

Edited by SouthStandParty

Back to the steering group. 

It was said the majority liked the shirt and quite a few were wearing it. Having spoken to many other fans, not met many folk that do like it, their kids have got it but that's not a barometer tbh 

The steering group seems to be a waste if time IMO. Has anything positive come out of it rather than them being fed Tea and biscuits? 

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Forgive me not reading every last detail of Derbys County Membership, Just the basics.

You have to pay to be on a list to get an away ticket!?!? Have I read that right?

That's how I read it. It makes ours look like a bargain in comparison! 

8 hours ago, BIG D said:

Talking of memberships how do you think Derbys compares to ours?

http://www.wearederby.com/?s=member

Home Membership

* £39 Adult

* £30 Young Ram (13-17 years)

Package includes: Early access to buy home tickets + 10% off the Membership Holders own home league match ticket.

Rams Squad Membership

* £25 Rams Squad (2-12 years)

Package includes: Early access to buy home tickets + access to the Under 12 price across the iPro Stadium. Please note that this package is available in a 1:1 ratio with a full paying Adult ticket.

Away Membership

* £39 for Adult Season Ticket Holders/£49 for Adult Home Members

* £19 for Season Ticket Holders aged 13 to 17/£25 for Young Rams Members

* £14 for Rams Squad Members (Requires Free Season Ticket/Match Ticket Membership)

Package includes: Early purchase priority for away match tickets + discount off Roadrider coach travel purchases

10% off match tickets is less than ours works out.

7 hours ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Back to the steering group. 

It was said the majority liked the shirt and quite a few were wearing it. Having spoken to many other fans, not met many folk that do like it, their kids have got it but that's not a barometer tbh 

The steering group seems to be a waste if time IMO. Has anything positive come out of it rather than them being fed Tea and biscuits? 

image.jpeg

Not sure what you were expecting the steering group to achieve but:

It did open the debate about kids tickets being too much and resulted in an immediate, albeit small, reduction in price.

Plans to introduce ticket offers for 5 game/10 game batches continue to be explored.

feedback has been provided on issues such as stewarding, catering and road safety on exiting the ground - catering improvements are being implemented following feedback.

more off-field improvements have been discussed and draft plans have been made but any improvements that require significant spending at this stage are on hold as the team on the pitch is the priority.

Even when ideas put forward are dismissed at least they are done so by the chairman of the club face-to-face with an explanation of his reasoning.

How many clubs at this level provide the opportunity to discuss issues with the chairman rather than just the occasional appearance at a working mans club which results in the club telling the fans they are exploring every avenue to improve the team?

If you think it offers nothing fair enough but no reason to slag it off or those that attend.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Not sure what you were expecting the steering group to achieve but:

It did open the debate about kids tickets being too much and resulted in an immediate, albeit small, reduction in price.

Plans to introduce ticket offers for 5 game/10 game batches continue to be explored.

feedback has been provided on issues such as stewarding, catering and road safety on exiting the ground - catering improvements are being implemented following feedback.

more off-field improvements have been discussed and draft plans have been made but any improvements that require significant spending at this stage are on hold as the team on the pitch is the priority.

Even when ideas put forward are dismissed at least they are done so by the chairman of the club face-to-face with an explanation of his reasoning.

How many clubs at this level provide the opportunity to discuss issues with the chairman rather than just the occasional appearance at a working mans club which results in the club telling the fans they are exploring every avenue to improve the team?

If you think it offers nothing fair enough but no reason to slag it off or those that attend.

The fiver off the kids shirts is still a fiver more than what the tags said before they sneakily cut em off.

IMO the 5/10 game tickets would be hard to police and there could end up with more folk wanting to go to X game

I can see that it can be a good idea but those that are on it don't seem to be a fair reflection of our fanbase. 

How many were there? And only 2 voiced an opinion against losing the stripes. Fair enough it's Chansiri's decision but if only a fraction of folk speak against it and by the sounds of, half heartedly then he can see no issue with it whatsoever.

If folk are going and are afraid to speak up then they need to change places with somebody that has the balls to

7 hours ago, SouthStandParty said:

Ha ha. I think so. It's a bit like some of the Premier League clubs where you have to pay to be on the season ticket waiting list! That's, pay, to be on a list!

I'm sure there will be some moraless souls who think that's a brilliant idea.

This issue should be a broader debate between all football fans regardless of club loyalty. It won't happen. The people fleecing fans won't let it happen.

2 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

The fiver off the kids shirts is still a fiver more than what the tags said before they sneakily cut em off.

IMO the 5/10 game tickets would be hard to police and there could end up with more folk wanting to go to X game

I can see that it can be a good idea but those that are on it don't seem to be a fair reflection of our fanbase. 

How many were there? And only 2 voiced an opinion against losing the stripes. Fair enough it's Chansiri's decision but if only a fraction of folk speak against it and by the sounds of, half heartedly then he can see no issue with it whatsoever.

If folk are going and are afraid to speak up then they need to change places with somebody that has the balls to

Don't think it was a case of being scared to speak up. I was one of the few that stated I didn't like the shirt in a show of hands - there were certainly no more than 5 of us in a room of around 40 and when the rest of the room are saying how they love it and the ticket office manager is stating record sales were taken then it's not a case of having the balls to speak up. Chansiri knew it would be an issue - at the previous meeting he said the shirt would be blue with white but he inferred it might not be universally popular.

I said the £5 off was not enough but it's £5 that would still be on if it was not for the steering group.

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Don't think it was a case of being scared to speak up. I was one of the few that stated I didn't like the shirt in a show of hands - there were certainly no more than 5 of us in a room of around 40 and when the rest of the room are saying how they love it and the ticket office manager is stating record sales were taken then it's not a case of having the balls to speak up. Chansiri knew it would be an issue - at the previous meeting he said the shirt would be blue with white but he inferred it might not be universally popular.

I said the £5 off was not enough but it's £5 that would still be on if it was not for the steering group.

So 5 from 40 spoke against it?  Utter Joke.

As for patting yourselves on the back for getting a few quid knocked off when it's still more than what they're selling it for in the ticket. I'm lost for words. Is this going to be mentioned at the next meeting?

"yeah I'm definitely saying summat"

"me too"

"ooh look, they've got custard creams"

"munch, munch erm what was I going to say?"

"have another biscuit"

Edited by Paolo Di Catio

7 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

So 5 from 40 spoke against it?  Utter Joke.

As for patting yourselves on the back for getting a few quid knocked off when it's still more than what they're selling it for in the ticket. I'm lost for words. Is this going to be mentioned at the next meeting?

"yeah I'm definitely saying summat"

"me too"

"ooh look, they've got custard creams"

"munch, munch erm what was I going to say?"

"have another biscuit"

And yet you spend endless days on here moaning about this, that and the other which achieves the square root of........

Got any better ideas?

No one is patting themselves on the back, you asked for examples and I gave some. Tell me what your spouting has gained?

Yes, the room was vastly in favour of the new kit which surprised and disappointed me but record sales reflect the fact that it is not as unpopular as those going on and on and on about would want it to be.

1 hour ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

So what. That's normal for every game isn't it? Every supporter will want to go to the more glamorous games. 

You sell a block of 10 vouchers to be redeemed at any home league game of the holders choice. After season ticket holders and members, the vouchers become the next priority...possibly even the same as general sale. Redeeming the vouchers is subject to availability.

IMO its a great idea for those people who can't get to every game due to work or other commitments.

8 minutes ago, Miffed said:

So what. That's normal for every game isn't it? Every supporter will want to go to the more glamorous games. 

You sell a block of 10 vouchers to be redeemed at any home league game of the holders choice. After season ticket holders and members, the vouchers become the next priority...possibly even the same as general sale. Redeeming the vouchers is subject to availability.

IMO its a great idea for those people who can't get to every game due to work or other commitments.

Because folk buy the books, for example everybody saves their A ticket for Newcastle at home. Demand outstrips supply and some will not be able to use their A ticket for the match they want. Will cause immense chaos

Guest Deleted member

Does anybody genuinely think the kids shirts would have been reduced if an accountant at the meeting hasdn't pointed out the VAT issue meaning the club were ripping off parents? The subsequent fallout on social media and here about it led to the reduction, nothing to do with the steering 'group'

10 hours ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Because folk buy the books, for example everybody saves their A ticket for Newcastle at home. Demand outstrips supply and some will not be able to use their A ticket for the match they want. Will cause immense chaos

Just like general sale then?

And how many games completely sold out last season?

10 hours ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Give them priority - before members I would say - and make sure you don't flogmore than capacity. Job done. 

I think some people on here are a bit harsh on those that go to the steering groups.

People who have given time up to try and make Sheffield Wednesday better for fellow supporters.

I can well understand people who might find it hard to stand up and be critical of a multi millionaire business man in front of him with 40 people looking on. Something I would find difficult to do. I might disagree with some aspects of steering group and what was said but wouldn't never criticise anyone who went.

22 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I think some people on here are a bit harsh on those that go to the steering groups.

People who have given time up to try and make Sheffield Wednesday better for fellow supporters.

I can well understand people who might find it hard to stand up and be critical of a multi millionaire business man in front of him with 40 people looking on. Something I would find difficult to do. I might disagree with some aspects of steering group and what was said but wouldn't never criticise anyone who went.

Fair point.