Steering Group Meeting Tomorrow

3 minutes ago, Miffed said:

I've got a season ticket and I am bothered what other people pay.

I would rather see Hillsborough packed to the rafters every game rather than seeing loads of empty seats. What do I think is an acceptable price to pay? It wouldnt bother me if POTG prices were the same price per game as what Ive paid, as long as S/T holders got priority for the big games then pack em in for all I care.

I think its a tad unfair to single out season ticket holders and ask them what is acceptable as if its an "us" and "them" thing. We should all be in this together and season ticket holders shouldn't be naive enough to think that the prices we pay wont sky rocket over the next few years.

Now that wasnt difficult at all, but thanks all the same for the flippant post.

I agree with you in part but I also think some people like to moan for the sake of it and don't go anyway. Last season there were plenty of cheap games but they didn't sell significantly better than others, people said it was unattractive games or televised games or midweek games that were cheaper, surely this is understandable to some extent?

Brighton were unbeaten and top of the league when they came to Hillsborough for a midweek game early in the season - the £20 tickets didn't get people flocking in yet when the same opposition turned up for an evening kick-off in the play-offs with ticket prices more expensive the seats were quickly snapped up.

4 minutes ago, Miffed said:

I've got a season ticket and I am bothered what other people pay.

I would rather see Hillsborough packed to the rafters every game rather than seeing loads of empty seats. What do I think is an acceptable price to pay? It wouldnt bother me if POTG prices were the same price per game as what Ive paid, as long as S/T holders got priority for the big games then pack em in for all I care.

I think its a tad unfair to single out season ticket holders and ask them what is acceptable as if its an "us" and "them" thing. We should all be in this together and season ticket holders shouldn't be naive enough to think that the prices we pay wont sky rocket over the next few years.

Now that wasnt difficult at all, but thanks all the same for the flippant post.

As I said, it was aimed at the ones that don't care what the POTG prices and have season tickets.

Now that wasn't difficult either. Not bad this internet lark is it.

4 minutes ago, SouthStandParty said:

As I said, it was aimed at the ones that don't care what the POTG prices and have season tickets.

Now that wasn't difficult either. Not bad this internet lark is it.

Maybe I misread your post, if so I apologise, however starting it off by comparing the owner to the leader of the National Fascist Party was in poor taste and probably set the tone for the rest of your comment.

Edited by Miffed

2 hours ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Just think if you'd picked up an early bird, 5 of those matches you're forking out £100 for will have paid for you and a kid for the full season.

As for not wanting to go to see worst teams that are poo poo, I always looked at it as going to see Wednesday. And generally if they're that bad we should get a better result and more goals.

Unfortunately if you only want to go to a few games and want to see the better teams then you will have to pay for it.

Can you honestly see DC thinking "yeah there's some out there who'll only come to 5 matches tops if we're doing well and wil only be the good teams, let's give him the chance to buy tickets for the same price as somebody who chucks their money in 8months in advance of the new season who will be attending without fail" ?

Going to football these days is not a right. If you want to go you have to make sacrifices or unfortunately not be able to go.

Some of my mates went off on a lads holiday other week - I didn't.

Some of my mates smoke like chimneys - I don't smoke at all.

A few of my mates went on flash (Bahamas/ Hawiian/ USA holidays) - I went to Ibiza

Some of my mates have got flash Audis/ Mercs - I drive my van.

Some of my mates claim they can't afford the time/ money to go to Hillsborough more than 5 times per season. - I bought an early bird for 3yrs

And and you are possibly the most pointless person in the world to debate this with.

The one thing you are right on and you are not right on much is THESE DAYS it isn't a God given right to go to the football, people like Chansiri and company are making it that way. We are now just a business offering entertainment and our entertainment is nothing like top end football either. 

to stop going around in circles yes Chansiri should be saying here's someone who is only going to five games per season lets make it affordable, if he was thinking about the long term fan base it is 100000000000% what he should be doing, my kids and others like them are the ones who will turn into future season ticket holders if they are guided into following the club. 

I could go on to explain in much more detail the how's and whys and the future monetary terms and benefits and why indeed the clever and big companies are marketing at children from early ages to make sure they have future brand loyaltybut as I have said you just don't want to hear it. 

Football is is getting killed by rich owners and stupid fans who are willing to go along with it.  

I agree that's the way it is and yep I will have to deal with it but very soon when the owners of clubs push this on us even more there will be nothing left but the elite super league and the rest will be sub standard low supported amature football. 

5 minutes ago, kidc77 said:

And and you are possibly the most pointless person in the world to debate this with.

The one thing you are right on and you are not right on much is THESE DAYS it isn't a God given right to go to the football, people like Chansiri and company are making it that way. We are now just a business offering entertainment and our entertainment is nothing like top end football either. 

to stop going around in circles yes Chansiri should be saying here's someone who is only going to five games per season lets make it affordable, if he was thinking about the long term fan base it is 100000000000% what he should be doing, my kids and others like them are the ones who will turn into future season ticket holders if they are guided into following the club. 

I could go on to explain in much more detail the how's and whys and the future monetary terms and benefits and why indeed the clever and big companies are marketing at children from early ages to make sure they have future brand loyaltybut as I have said you just don't want to hear it. 

Football is is getting killed by rich owners and stupid fans who are willing to go along with it.  

I agree that's the way it is and yep I will have to deal with it but very soon when the owners of clubs push this on us even more there will be nothing left but the elite super league and the rest will be sub standard low supported amature football. 

Pointless or not agreeing with your whining ??

So many are moaning about the cost but nobody has come out with what they're willing to pay to see Wednesday against the "better" teams.

If and when you decide what you're willing to pay, then honestly say how many games you're willing to go to.

P.s. Who's the stupid fan? My ticket in the South is less than £25 and I'm guaranteed to get in and also ahead of you if/when the Cup/ Wembley matches turn up

Edited by Paolo Di Catio

2 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

So many are moaning about the cost but nobody has come out with what they're willing to pay to see Wednesday against the "better" teams.

If and when you decide what you're willing to pay, then honestly say how many games you're willing to go to.

£30 north Stand.

1 hour ago, smithyswfc87 said:

I do get the point. I just don't see where you would see any price as being reasonable, now that I know it's potentially 1 adult + 3 kids I'm interested to know what would be a fair price to you.

I don't think all things can ever be affordable to all people at all times. It just doesn't work like that. Not with football, theme parks, holidays, you name it.

And to be fair, to pick and choose as you suggest i.e. "desirable" games only, a premium has to be expected or else it isn't fair on those that have season tickets and memberships who commit to pay all that money to watch the "undesirables" as well.

And that's absolutely nothing against those that actually can't commit to season tickets etc due to money, work, or otherwise.

There are opportunities for you to go as you say maybe the lower cat games, but if you don't want them then there isn't a lot to say further.

All I can say is see what happens I am certain there will be more desirable games at the lower cats as there were last season. As I said...brighton, udders, boro, all were low cats last year. I'd expect a similar mix this season.

But you aren't getting the point. Infact you are not even reading my post. It's 2 adults and 3 kids. Many clubs make sure they have free tickets when paying adults go. They also don't charge over the top for adults. 

To to say I can't pick and choose. Ok so I take them to a poo poo game that no one enjoys. That works a treat doesn't it? I'm tryi got get my kids interested they aren't die hard Wednesday fans because they are not yet involved. Sit them on the kop next to someone who's hammered shouting die die piggy Die or roger off United the city is ours whilst we scramble a draw against burton or take them in the family stand with kids that age against a team that gets the atmosphere going?

serisoulsy are our fans thick enough to think future generations of kids are going to turn up and be loyal owls fans just because for????

not one person defending these pricing structures has even thought past the next 5 years and the well that's life we want success  scenario. 

£90 will probably be the cheapest game and that will probably be a shitty cup game with 7k attendance and a second string team. 

I am even getting suggestions now that I could have got a early bird for me and a kid for £500 and gone all season. flipping cracking idea I will just pick out of a hat what 2 kids I can leave at home and he can just stay outside the gates of Alton towers when the others get took for a day out to make it fair on them. Absolute plant pot Paulo is. 

The he thing people don't understand more than anything is I'm not just saying this because of my family, my kids are more than happy to not go and watch ( even though I want them too). The problem is families are missing out and are getting priced out, that is unsustainable for the long term future of our club. It really is that simple

7 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

P.s. Who's the stupid fan? My ticket in the South is less than £25 and I'm guaranteed to get in and also ahead of you if/when the Cup/ Wembley matches turn up

I cant argue with stupid. £25 only sounds like a bargain when the potg prices are hiked up. 

You really aren't as clever as you think. You have been price conditioned by a clever business man. And guess what it's going to get more and more expensive 

9 minutes ago, kidc77 said:

I wouldn't have a go at everyone who won't or can't afford the match day prices and by the same token you labeling fans that choose to go along with it as 'stupid' is a bit daft. Does that make the record number of season ticket holders stupid?

The fact we have a record number of season ticket holders means that more people get to see us on a regular basis than previously so clearly the chairman is attracting fans, including future generations.

When I started going regularly in the 2nd division as a youngster it would have cost me more match by match than a season ticket would have cost this season - the season tickets for youngsters offer such good value they are worth buying even if you can't make all the games.

Many kids clearly are turning to season tickets based on what they and their parents saw last year. The chairman has brought good football back to Hillsborough with quality players at this level. In the past under previous regimes I have seen and read plenty saying that they wouldn't want to take kids even though the matchday prices are better than they are now as the standard of football would put them off.

9 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

And just for the record, if I do choose to ever go to Wembley I have ticket priority so my ticket will be in the bag before you. And probably in a better seat. Thing is though I don't go shouting about it because I'm not a prat. 

For or once look past your own nose if you do want the best for our club

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I wouldn't have a go at everyone who won't or can't afford the match day prices and by the same token you labeling fans that choose to go along with it as 'stupid' is a bit daft. Does that make the record number of season ticket holders stupid?

The fact we have a record number of season ticket holders means that more people get to see us on a regular basis than previously so clearly the chairman is attracting fans, including future generations.

When I started going regularly in the 2nd division as a youngster it would have cost me more match by match than a season ticket would have cost this season - the season tickets for youngsters offer such good value they are worth buying even if you can't make all the games.

Many kids clearly are turning to season tickets based on what they and their parents saw last year. The chairman has brought good football back to Hillsborough with quality players at this level. In the past under previous regimes I have seen and read plenty saying that they wouldn't want to take kids even though the matchday prices are better than they are now as the standard of football would put them off.

I Was as aiming the stupid fans comments at the ones defending the pricing so sorry if it came across that way. But what I will say and stand by is that season ticket holders are making decisions based on being price conditioned. The deal looks good because of the potg prices not because it is a good deal imo. 

As as for fans and kids turning to season tickets because f the standard of football. Well that could be very dangerous could it not. Let's say this season or any in the next 1-5 years we have some stinkers. Then what? Hardly any potg season ticket holders become uninterested in renewing. The 5 years we lost of other kids not going because of pricing takes a massive amount of overturning to win back lost loyalty. 

We we are playing a very very dangerous long term game 

15 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

As for future generations and more support I guess we will see at the end of season averages. I would hazard a guess most who have been price conditioned to get a season ticket because of potg prices are the fans who made up the average last year. 

what he has done is guarantee our attendance average regardless of how good or poo poo our season is. He is a very clever business man of that I have no doubt or argument. and short term he will benefit. Long term I'm not so sure he's bothered or it doesn't look like it to me with the way things are panning out. I really do hope I'm wrong

Edited by kidc77

Right it's £30'POTG

7 minutes ago, kidc77 said:

I Was as aiming the stupid fans comments at the ones defending the pricing so sorry if it came across that way. But what I will say and stand by is that season ticket holders are making decisions based on being price conditioned. The deal looks good because of the potg prices not because it is a good deal imo. 

As as for fans and kids turning to season tickets because f the standard of football. Well that could be very dangerous could it not. Let's say this season or any in the next 1-5 years we have some stinkers. Then what? Hardly any potg season ticket holders become uninterested in renewing. The 5 years we lost of other kids not going because of pricing takes a massive amount of overturning to win back lost loyalty. 

We we are playing a very very dangerous long term game 

Still not responded how much you're willing to pay and how many times you will spend that

8 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Right it's £30'POTG

Still not responded how much you're willing to pay and how many times you will spend that

I dont think a family should pay more than £75 per match for any match has for how many times that is up to me and other families if I wanted to commit to games I would have got a season ticket wouldn't I. 

If if my kids enjoy it then it might be 5/10/15 if they don't and I have to entice them to get them interested it might be less than 5. It isn't an exact science. 

All this  is a mute point because irrelevant of how many games a family want to attend it should be made reasonable. 

Now seeing as though we are demanding answers tell me at what point you will stop getting a season ticket? What price roof do you have? £30 per game £40 per game? £50 per game? More?

Edited by kidc77