Steering Group Meeting Tomorrow

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

But the fact is we didn't make any money the last time we were in division 3 and we hardly had a big playing budget at that time either. We could just as easily go bust if we got relegated due to the drop in television money between the 2 divisions and the drop in overall revenue as a result.

No football clubs are able to make money outside the PL anymore due to players wages and whether we like it or not that is not going to change any time soon. You might not mind if we got relegated and I would still watch SWFC in any division but there are those that wouldn't,attendances would drop and kids generally don't get enticed to follow 3rd division football when their parents stop going and the media saturates them with PL football.

Times have changed in football, some embrace, many bemoan it but as things were we were being left behind and Hillsborough was not a fun place to be or encourage kids into watching live football on a regular basis.

Listen im not trying to argue with you, some on here are just downright blind and will follow every thing the club does with a smile and say it's needed. 

Most at of the time you look at facts and post accordingly, I prefer those posts to people who just blindly say well that's life. I fully understand times are changing and unfortunately that's because most clubs are doing what we are and hoping for the best. 

Clubs can can survive and make money Infact there are still plenty out there that do, we need to be a example and not get caught up in this roger it attitude, and if it doesn't work oh well. 

The he club and it's fans have a duty to protect it and if we need to have a poo poo team for a while so be it. We actually had some of our best crowds in the seasons we went back up from the 3rd division. 

MM reduced our wage bill and increased turnover , more than likely t2 years before he went he spent more on players because of a exit strategy which worked he sold to Chansiri. If he had kept to his structure and not wanted to sell he would have turned the club to profability imo. It might have been a very long hard slog maybe even a relegation and back up a few times but that's life. 

If Chansiri fails then what do we do? I just don't think people understand the magnitude of what will happen if he doesn't get us up soon. 

On 18/07/2016 at 09:01, Groundhopping Owl said:

Few clarifications - he did not rule out ever going back to regular stripes, it may be we go back to them in the near future. I won't bother repeating myself a lot, but I did directly ask the question as to whether "regular" stripes would be the norm and I certainly did not get a yes. He did talk about how in the past we have had various different types of kits, seemed keen to stress the fact that we haven't always used stripes.

HOWEVER - I suspect he might not be that receptive to criticism as the guy from the club shop said kit sales today had set a new record, which is obviously a ringing endorsement.

The first kit I can actually remember us playing in was the blue shirt with white sleeves, we had that for seven years, I was 9 when we first had it & 16 when we went back to stripes so it was the kit I'd always known really, I liked the stripes when we got them back but it did feel strange watching them play in a shirt I'd never really seen before...I don't particularly like this new pinstripe shirt & maybe would have preferred going back to blue body/white sleeves if anything but lets just say we never go back to stripes, we will get over it, tradition or not...I don't think it will come to that but if it does the club moves on, new generation fans will think it's normal.

13 hours ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Pointless or not agreeing with your whining ??

So many are moaning about the cost but nobody has come out with what they're willing to pay to see Wednesday against the "better" teams.

If and when you decide what you're willing to pay, then honestly say how many games you're willing to go to.

P.s. Who's the stupid fan? My ticket in the South is less than £25 and I'm guaranteed to get in and also ahead of you if/when the Cup/ Wembley matches turn up

13 hours ago, SouthStandParty said:

£30 north Stand.

£30 is also my answer,  how many times,  as many times as I want it's a hobby not a job but  probably 4-5

14 hours ago, SouthStandParty said:

I have a question, and it's aimed at those that think it's reasonable that we, as Mussolini, sorry, Mr Chansiri says, should pay for whatever it is his aim is. Now I know this may be difficult for some of you as you will probably have season tickets and not be bothered what anyone else has to pay on the day, without membership.

For example, someone is in town Saturday morning and on the spur of the moment they decide they'd fancy popping along to the game that afternoon. So the question is, how much do you think would be an acceptable amount to pay?

I wouldn't like to pay more than about £25-£30 on average for on the gate. But wouldn't have an issue if I paid  £40/£50 or more (upto £100ish e.g. for a final) for a 1 off that I really wanted to attend. But couldn't stomach that regularly.

I was ready for the Arsenal game to be a cat A last season but it wasn't pleasingly.

14 hours ago, Holmowl said:

I just took a look at what I paid for me and my 12 year old over the final 10 home league games. Family Stand, so higher prices than North and Kop.

For me:-

2x39

2x36

4x33

2x20

Avg £32 per match.

Son avg £12.30 per match.

Had I only wanted to go to half, I could have chosen the cheaper matches and averaged £28 for me and £11 for my son.

I think this is absolutely fine. Great seats in an expensive part of the ground.

Ive said it a few times, but the problem is the one off dreadful headline prices, like Bristl and Cardiff last year, and Villa in August. There's little wrong with the average prices, but the few stinkers look awful.

Brilliant post. Look at the bigger picture. The 1 offs can look asbsolute stinkers I totally agree but on average over a few games it starts to look more acceptable.

Headline grabbers always take the best or worst of it!

So in theory @Holmowl the same set of matches this season will be cheaper due to reduced kids prices. Even if some of the adult prices shift up a category should still be slightly cheaper overall.

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 16:24, kidc77 said:

Cant be bothered to start a new thread with this info and this thread looks as good a home as any.

We have only given 2,000 tickets to Villa and despite it looking unlikely that home sales will be particularly strong, we may not give them anymore.  The Safety Advisory Group have their knickers in a twist and may be reducing our capacity to under 30,000.  The main problem appears to be supporters standing in the North Stand.  More particularly, supporters moving over to the Leppings Lane end of the North despite their tickets not being there which results in more people standing within that area than what there are seats.

So we could end up in a situation of loads of empty seats in the North.

A possibility of home fans in the lower West but it depends upon the risk of the opposition.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

11 hours ago, kidc77 said:

Listen im not trying to argue with you, some on here are just downright blind and will follow every thing the club does with a smile and say it's needed. 

Most at of the time you look at facts and post accordingly, I prefer those posts to people who just blindly say well that's life. I fully understand times are changing and unfortunately that's because most clubs are doing what we are and hoping for the best. 

Clubs can can survive and make money Infact there are still plenty out there that do, we need to be a example and not get caught up in this roger it attitude, and if it doesn't work oh well. 

The he club and it's fans have a duty to protect it and if we need to have a poo poo team for a while so be it. We actually had some of our best crowds in the seasons we went back up from the 3rd division. 

MM reduced our wage bill and increased turnover , more than likely t2 years before he went he spent more on players because of a exit strategy which worked he sold to Chansiri. If he had kept to his structure and not wanted to sell he would have turned the club to profability imo. It might have been a very long hard slog maybe even a relegation and back up a few times but that's life. 

If Chansiri fails then what do we do? I just don't think people understand the magnitude of what will happen if he doesn't get us up soon. 

I agree with this and also worry what will happen if we don't go up this season or next. I hope there is a plan B if we end up like Forest or Derby and never quite manage to get over the line in promotion.

On prices I don't think in this day and age we can expect prices to be £10 like Chasiri said at the Steering meeting, I can understand that. But £42!?!?!?!?! Think a fair prices in this day and age would be £28 on the Kop and £33 on the Sides. Maybe £30 on the Kop and £35 on the sides for big games. In other words about average for the division. Still not cheap but not over the odds.

34 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I agree with this and also worry what will happen if we don't go up this season or next. I hope there is a plan B if we end up like Forest or Derby and never quite manage to get over the line in promotion.

On prices I don't think in this day and age we can expect prices to be £10 like Chasiri said at the Steering meeting, I can understand that. But £42!?!?!?!?! Think a fair prices in this day and age would be £28 on the Kop and £33 on the Sides. Maybe £30 on the Kop and £35 on the sides for big games. In other words about average for the division. Still not cheap but not over the odds.

If you use your membership it will be £32, so it's only £2 more than what you suggest

35 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Is Membership free? Everything about Sheffield Wednesday at the moment to me just shouts rip off!

Ofc it isn't and he knows it isn't and he knows people who only attend infrequently can't. Use this but he will still spout his nonsense. 

Talking of memberships how do you think Derbys compares to ours?

http://www.wearederby.com/?s=member

Home Membership

* £39 Adult

* £30 Young Ram (13-17 years)

Package includes: Early access to buy home tickets + 10% off the Membership Holders own home league match ticket.

Rams Squad Membership

* £25 Rams Squad (2-12 years)

Package includes: Early access to buy home tickets + access to the Under 12 price across the iPro Stadium. Please note that this package is available in a 1:1 ratio with a full paying Adult ticket.

Away Membership

* £39 for Adult Season Ticket Holders/£49 for Adult Home Members

* £19 for Season Ticket Holders aged 13 to 17/£25 for Young Rams Members

* £14 for Rams Squad Members (Requires Free Season Ticket/Match Ticket Membership)

Package includes: Early purchase priority for away match tickets + discount off Roadrider coach travel purchases

32 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Home Membership

* £39 Adult

Package includes: Early access to buy home tickets + 10% off the Membership Holders own home league match ticket.

Rams Squad Membership

Package includes: Early access to buy home tickets + access to the Under 12 price across the iPro Stadium. Please note that this package is available in a 1:1 ratio with a full paying Adult ticket.

Away Membership

* £14 for Rams Squad Members (Requires Free Season Ticket/Match Ticket Membership)

Package includes: Early purchase priority for away match tickets + discount off Roadrider coach travel purchases

Am I reading that right, season ticket holders have to pay an extra £39 to get priority for away games?

And non season ticket holders have to pay £88, just to get priority and 10% off home tickets??

48 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Home Membership

* £39 Adult

Rams Squad Membership

Away Membership

Dont think it works out better. 10% off, so IF ticket was £42 they'd get £4:20 off whilst we're knocking off £10

Go for a lower ticket eg, £30, so £3 off whilst we knock £5 off

The away membership, you have to buy another to get priority whilst ours is include in one

Could compare with a host of other clubs tbh, some will be better some will be worse.

if you want to go, DC has published the prices, if you don't want to pay it then you won't be going. Simple as that. 

DC still has not had many people approaching him about his offer for lower priced tickets