Xpert Eleven - Owlstalk League, pin 161283

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Just drawn 0-0 with a bloody second reserve side!!...FFS!

I'm gonna end up like a cross between Jos an' David Pleat!

:Sid:............if you need any help Andy just give us a shout, you can challenge other teams to friendlies, there's a request friendly button on each teams home page.

9 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

We wont start up until at least the weekend, shandy......we have quite a lot of new managers, so we need to give them/you some time to sort themselves out.

Thank you. If I don’t join tonight I’ll try to join on Wednesday night. 

1 hour ago, Weshallovercome said:

I wish I knew, beano........there probably is, but I'm surprised you don't know! :)

For those wondering - there is! Might help keep a few interested for longer (inc me!)

Looks like there are additional features available on there too. For example you can hire economists to boost your sponsorship income and spies to watch over the opposition...

47 minutes ago, beano said:

For those wondering - there is! Might help keep a few interested for longer (inc me!)

Looks like there are additional features available on there too. For example you can hire economists to boost your sponsorship income and spies to watch over the opposition...

Really?.....no wonder I'm finding it increasingly difficult to kick peoples arses :Sid:

On 11/03/2019 at 19:50, shandypants said:

When’s the latest I can join the coming season? I’m busy and have no time until Wednesday this week so can’t dedicate any real time until then but I am really interested in joining. 

On 11/03/2019 at 20:02, Weshallovercome said:

We wont start up until at least the weekend, shandy......we have quite a lot of new managers, so we need to give them/you some time to sort themselves out.

On 11/03/2019 at 20:13, shandypants said:

Thank you. If I don’t join tonight I’ll try to join on Wednesday night. 

I’m in and raring to go. 

Can someone answer me a question please?

When a player is selected to train, does the training last for a season or a week or some other timescale? 

The reason that I ask is that my funds are decimated when I select squad to be trained. If the training is for one week only then I only have enough funds to train for one week. 

11 hours ago, shandypants said:

Can someone answer me a question please?

When a player is selected to train, does the training last for a season or a week or some other timescale? 

The reason that I ask is that my funds are decimated when I select squad to be trained. If the training is for one week only then I only have enough funds to train for one week. 

It's for 5 days after which the player should gain some form and they should start increasing game on game again

Every Monday you can hit the button for "sponsors event" and should receive 1m. Then if you do a press release you get something like 300k each time/week also

If you just started I wouldn't worry too much about training. Your players are probably crap anyway. Look to sell off any deadwood and bring players in who you can start to develop

Edited by neo hippy

5 hours ago, neo hippy said:

It's for 5 days after which the player should gain some form and they should start increasing game on game again

Every Monday you can hit the button for "sponsors event" and should receive 1m. Then if you do a press release you get something like 300k each time/week also

If you just started I wouldn't worry too much about training. Your players are probably crap anyway. Look to sell off any deadwood and bring players in who you can start to develop

Oh so now we get told our teams are probably crap and its pointless!!!

Who runs this,,,,,f.ookin' Sepp blatter?

lol

5 hours ago, neo hippy said:

Cheers Neo

On 14/03/2019 at 16:35, hdan450 said:

I'm in, any tips?

Firstly I would get your team down to 15 players, I usually go I goalie, 5 defenders, 6 midfielders and 3 forwards.......otherwise it becomes too expensive to train them up.

If you've got any injury prone players, get rid of them first.......then diva, tough(too many red cards) and moody, used to like moodies but just lately they've been....erm....moody......other players of the game will have different ideas, so I'm only speaking for myself.

That's a start, if you have any other questions hdan, just ask, always willing to advise. 

• Thanks 1