Xpert Eleven - Owlstalk League, pin 161283

So as a first-timer, I enjoyed my first season (I’m addicted) and got a bit lucky...

...but what happens now the season has finished? When does the old season click over to the new season? Is there anything that we need to do or should be doing during the closed season? Will we be presented with some stats or info? 

Thanks

Shandy

p.s. I fvvcking love this game!!!

• Like 2

They usually give it about a week.

They'll be some managers that have stopped playing that need to be removed. Once that's done its s case of working out what structure will work best for another season. 

Which league were you in? I've just been relegated from the top division 

Change report tonight lads, I think.

That will give you your squads new skill, that will be based on, Development Value (DV) + Experience (mins played) + Form = DV.

A 14 DV player might gain a full skill bar increase, a 15 DV normally is enough for a full skill bar jump, 18 DV might see a double jump.

Based on this example your 20 year old and 6 skilled player becomes a 21 and 7 for terminology purposes.

The younger the player the better the chance of good skill increase.

Good luck

I'll probably wait 2 weeks before I start the new season, mainly because I need to restructure due to being skint.......mainly because I'm coming over to the UK on Friday for 8 days, my laptop has a dodgy power connection and if it breaks totally I wont be able to set owt up.

Personally I always take the average from a 20 year old and 6 skill player, these players tend to be quite cheap to purchase or good value.

Same with a 19 - 5 or a 18 - 4

A 19 year old and 6 skill can be quite expensive, I see these players, above average.

Based on a 20 year old and with 6 skill, if he develops positively every season he becomes a 24 year old and 10 skill who will be a very good first team player. With the same Dev he becomes a very important 26 year old with 12 skill.

It sounds easy but its not, there are many factors that get in the way like suspensions, injury and poor form.

4 hours ago, neo hippy said:

They usually give it about a week.

They'll be some managers that have stopped playing that need to be removed. Once that's done its s case of working out what structure will work best for another season. 

Which league were you in? I've just been relegated from the top division 

Thanks. I managed to get promoted (in third place) from the bottom division so I guess I’ll be playing you next season. 

Can someone please help me?

Every time I try to log into my Xperteleven account, I am being redirected to various “You’ve won a prize” scam sites - I cannot get into my account. I am using Safari browser on my iPhone. Are any of the other OwlsTalk xperteleven members experiencing this or does anyone know how I can stop this? 

Cheers

Shandy

23 hours ago, shandypants said:

Can someone please help me?

Every time I try to log into my Xperteleven account, I am being redirected to various “You’ve won a prize” scam sites - I cannot get into my account. I am using Safari browser on my iPhone. Are any of the other OwlsTalk xperteleven members experiencing this or does anyone know how I can stop this? 

Cheers

Shandy

16 hours ago, edited said:

Does happen from time to time. Dont think you can do anything about it except keep trying

15 hours ago, Ronio said:

Maybe try a different browser.  That might help.  

I looked further into this and discovered that it’s a problem with the advertisement subscription that the website has. Rogue advertisers sometimes get through the advertisement provider’s “security”. When this happens, either the site admin or the provider’s admin blacklist the rogue website and the problem goes away until the unscrupulous buggers have another go. 

Just now, English Man said:

When will this league start? 

Not fully decided yet, but current plan is to give new members chance to join and do a bit of wheeler dealing before starting in around a week ... there’s been a big interest with the mergers and the good thing is that new managers will start in the same league(s rather than be up against experienced teams / managers.  But with quick seasons we hope people will move through the leagues at a good pace.