Sgt Wednesday

Xpert Eleven - Owlstalk League, pin 161283

Evening Wednesdayites/Owlstalkers,

The Owlstalk season is over and Toms Wednesday F.C have won the title for the 3rd season running, their dominance needs to be stopped.

We are looking for new managers who might have a spare 5 minutes a week to join our Owlstalk League.

The game is free of charge and very popular across the world, you are given a random team and you will be given a transfer budget.

Its all on you then, build a squad, keep the players you have in the squad or enter the transfer market and put your own team out, do you sign experience at the top of their game or do you develop young footballers?

A very competitive and rewarding manager game that is easy to play but difficult to master.

Come and join us, go to the Xpert Eleven home page and enter the Owlstalk League pin:161283, the season will be starting in a few weeks.

Any questions or queries give me a shout on this thread.

Cheers Gents/Ladies

• Agree 2

Quality game, only takes a few minutes a week and can be played on phone laptop or pc whenever you like. I suggest lunch hours at work, but don't take my advice, I got relegated this season...

Yes, you can spend 5 minutes or 5 hours messing about on it lol, depends how serious you take it.

We do have a few serious managers now, its mega.

Oh and its quite addictive.

Does the new season restart everything or do I have to play catch up? Just joined the league

Alright mate, all new members will start at the same level, some of us have been building teams for a while now, those teams will sit in the top division, there are a couple of strong sides in your division mate and it is a challenge to close the gap with those teams to gain promotion to the top division, it will take time I won't lie but if the game was easy no one would play it.

We do lose a few new managers because they see the gap in skill and think it will take them too long to catch up, it won't. Every season your players will improve, the better the player the harder it is to develop them, so if you manage your team well and make some intelligent signings you will soon close the gap.

The Owlstalk League was reset a while ago and it wasn't favourable for myself so I did a complete rebuild of my team, sold all the older players and signed loads of 20 year olds on the cheap, they are now in my first team and have won 3 League titles in a row. I went from bottom of the league to top in about 5 seasons.

The seasons fly by mate, you will soon catch up, have a bit of patience and give me a shout if you want to discuss getting your team together.

Happy to help.

• Agree 1

Alright mate, all new members will start at the same level, some of us have been building teams for a while now, those teams will sit in the top division, there are a couple of strong sides in your division mate and it is a challenge to close the gap with those teams to gain promotion to the top division, it will take time I won't lie but if the game was easy no one would play it.

We do lose a few new managers because they see the gap in skill and think it will take them too long to catch up, it won't. Every season your players will improve, the better the player the harder it is to develop them, so if you manage your team well and make some intelligent signings you will soon close the gap.

The Owlstalk League was reset a while ago and it wasn't favourable for myself so I did a complete rebuild of my team, sold all the older players and signed loads of 20 year olds on the cheap, they are now in my first team and have won 3 League titles in a row. I went from bottom of the league to top in about 5 seasons.

The seasons fly by mate, you will soon catch up, have a bit of patience and give me a shout if you want to discuss getting your team together.

Happy to help.

Thanks mate!

• Agree 1

Does the new season restart everything or do I have to play catch up? Just joined the league

I've given your team a skill boost, Alex......it wont be much as it goes on the league average skill, but every little helps.

• Agree 1

Is there a dummies walkthrough thingy like...I'm askin' for someone who's thinking of joining...like

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Is there a dummies walkthrough thingy like...I'm askin' for someone who's thinking of joining...like

http://xperteleven-guide.blogspot.com/2014/03/tips-for-beginners.html

its free to join and once your familiar with the basics it’s pretty easy to play

Also new managers are generally in the same league together so it’s not a case of being immediately up against those who have gained experience 

Back in for a second stint.

16 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

If I was going to buy you a retirement pressie this would be it Andy.

I only joined out of curiosity and 11 years on I'm still curious.........at the moment it's 'why do I always get an injury when I play careful', but anyways...

If you want any info just do a press release with your questions and one of us will answer, the bonus being you get paid for press releases!

If we get enough new players I could do I reset so all the teams are more evenly matched, would need a board meeting, but it's something we could look at.

8 minutes ago, Bez said:

Back in for a second stint.

Cheers Bez, I can guarantee no one will tell you to feck off.:Sid:

Great game! Get involved everyone

My Dynamos are on their way back!