Just got back & Player ratings

Bez

Why do we always make a scapegoat of an attacker, when both goals, scored incidentally in the first half, came from set pieces? The first came from a corner when our defenders were all asleep!!!! Incidentally, am I the only one who thinks that our last year's strong man, Westwood, doesn't seem to be controlling his area as well as he used to ?

Nope I agree with you and have had loads of stick for it. I don't think Westwood has caught a ball all season

Last season's team bar 3.

Second consecutive week Helan substituted at half time, Dave almost same.

Seems like we're using our subs early to save a game after a woeful first half too many times.

Add to that the awful Semedo and Palmer and maybe we haven't got the strength in depth we may have thought.

Having said that Carlos is the man and I'm a mere fan offering an opinion.

In Carlos I trust !

Seems like we're using our subs early to save a game after a woeful first half too many times.

Add to that the awful Semedo and Palmer and maybe we haven't got the strength in depth we may have thought.

In Carlos I trust !

Let's bare in mind that we had:

Matias

Bannan

Lopez

Turner

Melo

All out injured or not 100%, and on top of that Hutchinson suspended. To have 6 players unavailable and still be able to field (lower mid-table) Championship standard players suggest we have enough strength in depth

In Carlos I trust !

Semedo is awful.

Palmer can play. 

Different.

Who delivered the cross for our 2nd?

Let's bare in mind that we had:

Matias

Bannan

Lopez

Turner

Melo

All out injured or not 100%, and on top of that Hutchinson suspended. To have 6 players unavailable and still be able to field (lower mid-table) Championship standard players suggest we have enough strength in depth

I'll keep my clothes on, thanks. You're all welcome.

I thought Palmer and Sougou did ok down the right. No obvious errors from Palmer and i like Sougou. He works hard , makea good runs and has a goal in him

The problem first half was we played down the left for some reason. Nuhuiu moved left and all the long balls went that way and Helan had a poor game.

No conincidence our goal came from Nuhuiu going right and Palmer Sougou and Lee therefore getting involved

Palmer was ok. Didn't do a lot but made no glaring errors. Got forward more second half.

First half our problem was not having enough proper footballers on the pitch. Semedo cant pass or keep the flow going. Nuhiu isn't exactly a link up man for quick pass and move football (Hooper showed how this could be done from your centre forward second half). Helen and Sougou stayed incredibly wide all half, they really hogged the touchlines and therefore weren't really involved. Plus it stopped the fullbacks getting forward as they had no space to run into.

The difference we had second half with FF coming from deep and cutting inside from the left meant we had an extra link man in midfield and allowed Pudil to get forward and get crosses in. It made a huge difference.

The set up and team mentality was completely different second half. I guess it was all part of the plan. Obviously we would have preferred not to have gone in behind but i reckon unless we had been 3-0 up or something the two subs were always going to happen at ht

It is two pre planned set of tactics

First half more a team of less able grafters , long ball, bypass the midfield pick up the scraps . It worked i suppose apart from set pieces

Second half, two strikers up top assissted by FF , full backs pushing on, a lot more football and a lot more attacking intent

It will be interesting to see if he starts Joao in league games when he has our first choice midfield available