Attendance / Ticket prices

It isn't opinion that we are experiencing our lowest Championship attendances for a decade whilst fan optimism is at its highest is it?

The first thing our fans need to learn about the division above is that it is the Premier League, not the bl00dy Premiership.

No it's not, but I believe they may have accounted for that. Whether they've got their numbers right remains to be seen

As for the top tier, I'll call it what I like if it's all the same with you?

What's all this nonsense about ticket prices? I think Ferraris are overpriced, so I don't by one.

But I don't go on Ferrari forums and moan about how they should be priced around the same as a Porsche 911.

Not really relevant.

At the other extreme, if the cost of water went up to £1000 per litre would you complain?

That's one extreme, the other being your comparison.

Football being somewhere in the middle.

You really, really, really, really, really are talking out of your bottom

Based on?

We still have only sold 11 boxes. Is that going to get better?

Our average attendance is the lowest in 10 years? Should it be?

Do you therefore think our attendances will suddenly go through the roof?

We have already played 20% of our home matches and I repeat they are the lowest in 10 seasons (apart from one of the four seasons in League One).

Do you know how averages work?

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

What's all this nonsense about ticket prices?  I think Ferraris are overpriced, so I don't by one. 

But I don't go on Ferrari forums and moan about how they should be priced around the same as a Porsche 911.

So do you think that the majority of fans think the " Walk up " Ticket prices are good value ? 

Based on?

We still have only sold 11 boxes. Is that going to get better?

Our average attendance is the lowest in 10 years? Should it be?

Do you therefore think our attendances will suddenly go through the roof?

We have already played 20% of our home matches and I repeat they are the lowest in 10 seasons (apart from one of the four seasons in League One).

Do you know how averages work?

Ha ha, Mr angry who can see into the future

You should do the lottery this coming Saturday

A decline in attendances and empty executive boxes during one of the most optimistic periods of our history says one thing and one thing only.

We have got pricing badly wrong.

The 3 Comical Alis waffling and spinning are fooling nobody.

We should be debating how the club can fix it.

post-10623-0-63476400-1444160174.jpg

I am not angry.

I cannot see into the future, I can predict statistical trends.

I am wasted on you lol

You can guess but you didn't say that in your initial statement

There are way too many variables for you to be able to know our average attendance for the end of the season,whether you like it or not

I struggle to see how the current strategy could be anything other than:

1 A complete b0ll0x of things by people who have not even the remotest bit of empathy for their customers or the fan base generally and are blissfully ignorant of the long term damage they may have done.

Or

2 A cunning plan to condition us all into purchasing STs at a higher but reasonably attractive price next season.

I am less certain of the unlikey situation/scenario where the club sticks 40% on STs for phase 1 because it would inevitably see ST sales implode.

I just think there are high levels of naivety (being polite) at best and bloody reckless stupidity over the ticketing strategy as a whole.

If my ST goes up 40% next year, then I will be unlikely to buy one unless we are in them Prem.

Not for any reason that is taking the wee wee and will almost certainly mean me and my lad find summat else to do every alternate weekend and get out of the habit.

Just like many hundreds and maybe thousands are doing this season.

Problem is with this thread is that some still view a football club as a "club" - a collective that should be accessible to all.

Football long ceased to be like that - it's a business

I may not like that conclusion but it's the reality. We can talk all we like about filling the stadium, being fully inclusive irrespective of ability to pay, a community asset etc etc.

Whilst I don't think aspects of the current pricing structure is the right approach at the moment, you can see the strategy.

The business owners want supporters ie customers to become regular visitors. Attracting 1 new season ticket holder is better than trying to attract 10 one off visitors.

I don't therefore think the club is looking to attract a significant percentage of the irregular fan base through price incentives because frankly it hasn't worked. The entire purpose of ticket offers is to get repeat business at higher prices. History says that hasn't worked, history says it is unlikely ever to work.

Problem is with this thread is that some still view a football club as a "club" - a collective that should be accessible to all.

Football long ceased to be like that - it's a business

I may not like that conclusion but it's the reality. We can talk all we like about filling the stadium, being fully inclusive irrespective of ability to pay, a community asset etc etc.

Whilst I don't think aspects of the current pricing structure is the right approach at the moment, you can see the strategy.

The business owners want supporters ie customers to become regular visitors. Attracting 1 new season ticket holder is better than trying to attract 10 one off visitors.

I don't therefore think the club is looking to attract a significant percentage of the irregular fan base through price incentives because frankly it hasn't worked. The entire purpose of ticket offers is to get repeat business at higher prices. History says that hasn't worked, history says it is unlikely ever to work.

We could always re-write history because the history this club has wrote for the last 20 years has been garbage

Edited by daveyboy66

I am still astonished that some people still try to defend the club on ticket prices.

The evidence is gathering and it all points to our average attendance being at its lowest point for a decade. And all this is happening when for the first time in a generation we have genuine hopes of returning to the big time and optimism within the fan base is higher than I can remember.

We also...

Don't have a chairman calling fans cretins or threatening to sue anyone who dare say anything against the regime.

Have seen significant investment in quality players, instead of relying on emergency loans of players other teams don't want...Gary Taylor Fletcher anyone??

Seeing significant investment in the stadium with a new state of the art pitch, scoreboard and tarted up concourses. Hey, I long for the days when we were invited to bring our own paint pot and brushes to paint the stadium steps.

Are not stood on the steps of the high court begging for our existence.

And yet crowds are down. Considering the feel good factor that was being built up in pre season I personally think the current average is 5k down on where it would have been if prices had been kept the same or had seen a minimal rise. And if the current form continues and we find ourselves in a promotion race, well, that average would have shot up towards the 28-29k mark.

Why would the club not want to tap into all that pre season optimism? That's the thing I can't get my head around. Whoever made the decision and issued those Bristol City prices, and then subsequently the phase 2 and 3 season ticket prices completely destroyed all the good feeling surrounding the club. We pissed off our own supporters with the ridiculous Bristol prices, pissed off the away fans (OK, I'm not overly upset about this), and created negative press, not just locally but nationwide.

And people STILL want to defend the club.

Unbelievable.