Attendance / Ticket prices

So what was hard to understand then in the post you picked up that SOME get this SOME are just using ticket prices as another excuse which means SOME thats SOME again are geniunley priced out.

IS THAT EASIER???

If people are using ticket prices as ANOTHER excuse not to go, then that implies they weren't going anyway. That implies these people never go and just make excuses. These people woud never affect attendances. There are however people who have been priced out on cost or principle who do not want to make excuses but would like to watch a team they've supported for years.

It wasn't. There was incorrect use of a comma, and also a missing comma.

No. Yes.

I think the only comma that is missing is the one you imagined I was using incorrectly.

If people are using ticket prices as ANOTHER excuse not to go, then that implies they weren't going anyway. That implies these people never go and just make excuses. These people woud never affect attendances. There are however people who have been priced out on cost or principle who do not want to make excuses but would like to watch a team they've supported for years.

So we both agree then :biggrin:

Oh so on that basis shall I assume the other game was our second highest?

Shall I also assume that the kids for a quid was our third highest gate and the mate for a tenner was our fourth?

NO it was not and many times our normal matchday prices have beaten these offers. As I said before apart from the reading game these offers matter very little to the attendance.

I don't have that info and can't be bothered to research it.

Pretty sure that the £10 offer usually generates a far bigger gate than we would have done.

The kids for a quid offer is nothing to do with maximising revenue for that match, surely you understand that?

All claims of getting it wrong are opinions, whether they have or not only they will know come the end of the season or financial year.

If by some miracle we make it up this season I don't think there'll be much change to the POTD prices. Everything being done at the minute IMO is to make us premiership ready.

It isn't opinion that we are experiencing our lowest Championship attendances for a decade whilst fan optimism is at its highest is it?

The first thing our fans need to learn about the division above is that it is the Premier League, not the bl00dy Premiership.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

Yet have strong opinions about a ticket strategy that has been based on the trends indicated by that data.

As I have already said, there were two £10 matches. One of them generated the highest hate of the season. I can't be bothered to calculate where the other match ranked but I am sure it wasn't near the bottom.

The kids for a quid also undoubtedly increase the gate but what is the point in researching it? If you think I need to you just don't get the aim of that initiative.

One of my posts earlier was probably the only researched post in this entire thread.

Is my grammar ok for you?

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

I think we need a fans forum like we used to have with Milan - not just for ticket prices but any issue fans have.

I'm sure Milan would have learned a lot from them - not sure why we haven't had one with Chansiri yet - especially with Paul Aldridge still here to advise him.

I'm sure there has been a strategy in mind when it comes to the ticket prices - I just can't think what it is.

Even if the price hike brings in an extra million pounds a year - is it really worth it when you consider the fans' anger and the thousands lost?

I think the only comma that is missing is the one you imagined I was using incorrectly.

Always the sign of losing an argument , start with the name calling.

Always the sign of losing an argument, start with the name calling.

Did your carer write this for you?

With you being so intelligent maybe you could teach him about punctuation and spelling.

With you being so intelligent, maybe you could teach him about punctuation and spelling.

As I have already said, there were two £10 matches. One of them generated the highest hate of the season. I can't be bothered to calculate where the other match ranked but I am sure it wasn't near the bottom.

The kids for a quid also undoubtedly increase the gate but what is the point in researching it? If you think I need to you just don't get the aim of that initiative.

One of my posts earlier was probably the only researched post in this entire thread.

Is my grammar ok for you?

I think you need to look at the trends of all the attendances to understand the data from which the current initiative has been devised, not cherry picking exceptional one-off's from the previous initiative.

Your grammar is fine as far as I can tell. Not that I care.

I would find it amusing if you used poor grammar to insult a fellow fan for having poor grammar.

Guest Deleted member

Kop at £550 - less than a season ticket if you buy one tomorrow

North at £680 - Less than a season ticket if you buy one tomorrow

Kop at £550 - still less than £24 a game

North at £680 - still less than £30 a game

Both season ticket prices (with a 40% increase) offering significant discount on POTD.

So - I will ask again. Given the HARD EVIDENCE of the price rises for season tickets in Phase 2 & 3, Pay On The Day, Hospitality (in many cases significantly higher than 40%) - what gives you the absolute confidence that your current Phase One season ticket won't go up 40% next season? And IF it does - will you still be defending the prices?

(try to do it without the sarcasm if thats possible Bladehater - we're having a grown up debate here)

I put quite a bit of research into the above - just to make sure I got the prices right before I added the 40%

Weirdly the 40% added brought all the ticket prices incredibly (some might say scarily) close to the Phase 3 pricing

Guest Deleted member

Ooooh arent YOU pleased with yourself...

They weren't off sale when I posted it

Actually - its possible they weren't on sale.

I took the prices from the clubs own website. In the season tickets section.

You'd think they'd know their arse from their elbow..

I think you need to look at the trends of all the attendances to understand the data from which the current initiative has been devised, not cherry picking exceptional one-off's from the previous initiative.

Your grammar is fine as far as I can tell. Not that I care.

I would find it amusing if you used poor grammar to insult a fellow fan for having poor grammar.

Which is what I did.

Highest prices charged = lowest like for like gates in over a decade.

Actually - its possible they weren't on sale.

I took the prices from the clubs own website. In the season tickets section.

You'd think they'd know their arse from their elbow..

It's certain that they weren't on sale.

They've been off sale since at least the 7th September.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150907225059/http://www.shop.sheffieldwednesday.co.uk/

Sorry to poopoo on your research.

In your defence it would indeed be sensible if the club removed stuff from it's website that isn't relevant any more.