Shambles

Guest Deleted member

I disagree, I think CC was originally brought in as a manager rather than the head coach role he's in now. The club took so long to announce him there was obviously another plan in place to get a head coach or something like that which fell apart and forced a rethink on the structure. Nobody seemed to know what was happening and the club weren't helping matters.

As someone in the "be patient" camp, "it's all getting sorted behind the scenes", I disagree with most of your recent posts, but I agree with what you say here. In my opinion, and that's all it is, CC is a strategist. He has ideas and a philosophy on how the game should be played. DC bought into this. So CC was brought in to set up the coaching structure throughout the club, from youth to first 11. I believe the expectation was for him to be in post for 12-24 months then be off: project complete. But this approach needed a Head Coach: someone to learn from CC and to implement his plans in respect of the first team. Hence Mark Cooper. For some reason this dragged on (so a delay to CC's announcement) and eventually, I suspect, DC pulled the plug and persuaded CC to take a more hands on role. So we are in plan B.

I still expect CC to leave after 12-24 months unless the prem is a realistic probability and he fancies the challenge. So I also expect, in the next few months, a Head Coach to be appointed. Although the club might not say so, this will be as a future successor to CC. It might be that Lee Bullen has fallen on his feet and gets the job.

What a complete shambles this pre-season is turning out to be.

New £1m pitch

New scoreboard

Full coaching team in place before the start of preseason training

Only signed Lopez, Wallace, Matias, Hunt, Price, Lachmann and Sasso

To be fair I can completely understand why people have been kicking off.

Look at me

Get the feeling that cooper was being lined up to be the number 2 role with a view to him getting the managers role when cc left, but cooper wanted to be number 1 from day one. After all Nixon was saying that cooper was telling people that he was joining Wednesday and can't imagine it was anything to do with the compensation. Looks like dc wasn't prepared to give cooper the number 1 role hence the delay in the announcement. Anyway we've got cc now and looks like we're bringing in a calibre of player we could only dream of last year, and as long as the players enjoy playing for cc looks like we could be in for a big season. Also like how we're goin about our signings as we already have players at the club who are average championship players so if the new guys don't work out we know we have players in our squad who are more than capable of cutting it in this division, onwards and upwards and looking forward to the new season. WAWAW