RE: Felipe Melo

I've seen him play twice for about 20 mins each and the games were already lost, played in the two games we drew, away to the promoted teams and got decent reviews. Stuart didn't fancy him on our pitch much but I'm really looking forward to seeing him next year no matter who else we bring Iin.

I've got a good feeling about Melo from what we've seen so far. Physically, the Championship shouldn't faze him, and as he gets to grips with the language and our style of play, hopefully he'll go from strength to strength.

What's impressed me most about him in his first few appearances is the way he reads the game and steps in to make an interception. He's very different to Semedo in that regard: whereas José will often put in a crunching tackle to win back the ball, Melo relies more on positional sense and covering the ground quickly to close down the opposition's options.

Couple that with a more attacking approach to passing, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Melo taking Semedo's role as the defensive midfielder in the long term. Having said that, we could always employ both of them when we're away against the stronger sides in the league: I can't imagine many would relish a battle with our Portuguese Men-O'-War!

Guest Gazzaswfc

I thought against brentford he looked decent could see potental with a good pre season & with semedo hopefully staying he can help him on & off the pitch

RE: Felipe Melo

Hi ParkerOwl

Please could you forward the original email?

Regards

Shandy

---------------------------------

ShandyPants

Grammar Policeman and Arrogant Pedant

Sheffield Wednesday Matchday Section

OwlsTalk

This email is intended solely for.............

Thought he looked a cut above against Brentford at home - a better technical player than Semedo, but equally as strong. 

I think he has got a touch of class about him - and his performances at Bournemouth / Watford were encouraging.

Finally, we might have uncovered a foreign gem after all these years of trying!