RE: Felipe Melo

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Lets wait and see.  Due to the injuries that Semi and Hutch pick up, he will certainly get his chance!

Does anyone else think he's gonna be a beast next year? Just get this funny feeling myself we've got a real player on our hands.

I'd love to know what we paid for him.

i´d guess we didnt pay much ....the club he was at averaged 1700 last season so would imagine it wouldnt take much to tempt them ........

I'm not sure Gray was the driving force behind that signing. I got the impression he didn't need him and was not too sure what to do with him, hence the long period before he started to get game time.

He still lokks like a potentially good addition.

who do you think was the driving force ? ........

No totally convinced by him yet but it's early days. Looks an intelligent player, tidy on the ball, bit of a Michael Carrick type conductor in the middle of the park. But like Carrick, looks like he relies on his reading of the game and doesn't offer that steel and protection like a Semedo type would. Someone who's going to sprint that extra 10 yards and go through someone when we really need it. Sometimes you need that in the championship.

Someone who's going to sprint that extra 10 yards and go through someone when we really need it. Sometimes you need that in the championship.

That's exactly how Melo played when needed in the matches I downloaded from his time in Portugal.