Adam le Fondre - someone enlighten me

Guest RoyalNavyOwl

Can people truly enlighten me who they think, at this level, is out there to who is better than Le Fondre?

its not for me to name,

its based on the new peoples interviews, like Roeders comments regarding signing players from across the globe, rather than just from British leagues.

Also Adam Pearsons reply to radio Sheffields Question of 'how ambitious is the chairman?' with a little giggle of excitement like he had weed a little bit, he said 'frighteningly ambitious' and talked of wanting to make an impact in the prem once there, as well as promotion.

added to the fact we want to do it in a maximum of two years, and the price hikes...

that tells me we may buy real QUALITY this summer so we dont have to completely rebuild 2 sides in 2 or 3 seasons, rather just add 5 or 6 to a promotion squad.

Names? im not on the committee so its not for me to decide.... but standard? i expect better than ALF.

You 'expect' better?!? Christ, it's started already

ALF, agree with OP. Not the player we need, too much hype these days and personally I think he is on the slide. After over a decade playing in Champ/L1 and his brief stint as a sub for Stoke he's not got anywhere near fulfilling his much speculated potential.

There's better value late twenties players out there. IMHO.

I don't get it, I could be wrong but are there no players on a scale who are in between the ability of Le Fondre to Ronaldo/Messi/Falcao/Bale. I Didn't realise if we weren't potentially interest in Alf it automatically meant we expect the best players in the world. I always find those posts cringeworthy and embarrassing. There are plenty we could bring in with the same or greater ability as Le Fondre. I'd take him I'd he was one of three forward brought in and played a larger role as in impact sub. There is a reason why he's only played in a Reading side that got promoted and all the others haven't done anything. We need to be looking at forwards (for a starting berth) who can score the scrappy poachers goals that he does and that also contribute much more if we want to challenge.

I know we haven't been good for a very long time and haven't even had a 10-15 a season forward which is what he is and that's what makes him look so appealing, but him being the focal point of a promotion chasing side isn't the answer. If you look at the top sides top goal scores this season they offer much more than just being a poacher. This is why I'd only take a player like Alf as 3rd choice because you need players round your squad to supplement your goal tally and you need a couple of 10-15 goal a season players too but we need to have better starting week in week our if we are serious about promotion.

Top sides players have scored this many league goals with a game to go

Watford have Ighalo 20 goals, Deeney 21, Vydra 15

Bournemouth have Wilson 19, Kermogrant 15, Pittmann 13

Middlesborough have Bamford 17, Leadbitter 12, Martinez 11

Norwich have Jerome 18, Johnson 13, Grabband and Hooper 12

Ipswich have Murphy 25, Sears in half a season has 9

Derby have Martin 18, Bent and Ince who have 12 and 11 in half a season

Even chuck in Rhodes 20 and Gestede 19

We are a million miles away and a signing like Adam Le Fondre should be the minimum we are aiming for if we expect to be challenging

Can people truly enlighten me who they think, at this level, is out there to who is better than Le Fondre?

With pleasure! The list below is the Championship's top Scorers. ALF comes just under Tom Ince, who is at the bottom of this list.

D. Murphy

T. Deeney

O. Ighalo

J. Rhodes

R. Gestede

C. Wilson

C. Jerome

C. Martin

P. Bamford

R. McCormack

A. Gray

C. Donaldson

B. Assombalonga

M. Vydra

Y. Kermorgant

B. Sako

M. Antonio

B. Afobe

B. Pitman

B. Johnson

D. Bent

G. Hooper

M. Ritchie

N. Dicko

G. Leadbitter

L. Grabban

K. Jones

T. Ince

gary megson "It's All About Winning!"

With pleasure! The list below is the Championship's top Scorers. ALF comes just under Tom Ince, who is at the bottom of this list.

D. Murphy

T. Deeney

O. Ighalo

J. Rhodes

R. Gestede

C. Wilson

C. Jerome

C. Martin

P. Bamford

R. McCormack

A. Gray

C. Donaldson

B. Assombalonga

M. Vydra

Y. Kermorgant

B. Sako

M. Antonio

B. Afobe

B. Pitman

B. Johnson

D. Bent

G. Hooper

M. Ritchie

N. Dicko

G. Leadbitter

L. Grabban

K. Jones

T. Ince

gary megson "It's All About Winning!"

Consider yourself enlightened

Guest RoyalNavyOwl

How many of them could you see us realistically targeting? I hope Andre Gray, Donaldson, Bamford and maybe Rhodes. Most of the other ones are already at big spending clubs? Bamford maybe if we put a big bid in from Chelsea maybe tempted. Unless Middlesbrough buy him

How many of them could you see us realistically targeting? I hope Andre Gray, Donaldson, Bamford and maybe Rhodes. Most of the other ones are already at big spending clubs? Bamford maybe if we put a big bid in from Chelsea maybe tempted. Unless Middlesbrough buy him

The crux of the issue for me is not knowing what our price bracket will be.

So for me, the suggestion of us re-signing Wickham on a permanent once Sunderland get relegated is as conceivable as having a punt on ALF.

I don't rate ALF these days and would hope we strive for better signings.

We should be aiming for anyone in the top 15 of the list I posted. Basically Kermorgant and up.

Just my view RNO.

Under gray we could play 6 strikers and not score. Clueless today attacking wise.

if gray does not prove you wrong, i very much doubt he'll see the present leaves on the trees fall whilst in his place...

anyway, i imagine roeder isn't here just for the ride, he may be giving stuey his directions, and gray will have to implement them...

ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK...well not quite that...

but far more emphasis on attacking at home, with the intent to outscore the opposition rather than just stifle them...

away?, more of a heavy handed counter attacking game i assume, i don't want us too open in play until we've our foot on their throat...

if gray does not prove you wrong, i very much doubt he'll see the present leaves on the trees fall whilst in his place...

anyway, i imagine roeder isn't here just for the ride, he may be giving stuey his directions, and gray will have to implement them...

ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK...well not quite that...

but far more emphasis on attacking at home, with the intent to outscore the opposition rather than just stifle them...

away?, more of a heavy handed counter attacking game i assume, i don't want us too open in play until we've our foot on their throat...

shows how far we've come in our expectation...

can you imagine the last time we said something like that, and were not pissed up, or havin' a laugh...

He's played the majority of the season in a weird Cardiff side with no harmony, no team spirit...it's a shambles.

He went on loan to Bolton and scored 8 in 15.  That's around a goal every other game. If he'd have been there all season he would/should have been in double figures by now...give or take.

He wouldn't be my first choice. But he wouldn't be bad at all.

Edited by FlyingOwl

ALF would be a great signing. His goalscoring record speaks for itself, even at Premier League level.

Streets ahead of anything we currently have. 

we don't just need streets ahead of what we have...

we need streets ahead of alf...

the management team will decide, and we'll like it, or lump it...

likely well bring in some who fall short of the mark, but we won't be the chooses...

adding the firepower to throw us into the mix will be expensive...

fasten your seatbelt, and wait for the WHOOSH...

let's hope they get it correct the first time, and with quality loan additions, who knows...

i think this is without doubt our best shot since bfr took us back up in 91, but how good will it prove to be?

He would have been our player now if Milan / Aldridge hadn't quibbled about an extra £50,000 on the transfer fee. We missed out big time there.

We might even have been in the Premiership now. Easy to spend other people's money but sometimes you just have to take a gamble if you want 

to achieve greatness.

Edited by Captain Scarlett