Sam Allardyce

yes we don't need anyone with a track record of getting teams into the premiership or someone who has world wide contacts to bring players to the club...it's not long ago since we had NO scouts and the manager was doing his own scouting...some wednesdayites deserve the club never achieving anything

...and who has consistently required a huge backroom staff and entourage to achieve anything. I understand his record I just don't feel inspired by how he operates and for me he's someone of a past generation, yet again. Is it too much to ask for a manager/coach that is forward thinking and an inspiration to the club, players, potential transfer targets and fans/the city alike? If the money is there and if the desire to succeed is there i don't see how Allardyce and Roeder can be a pairing that provides any of those things.

Guest Ash76

Yep, and if we can do that playing exciting football, even better

Winning football is exciting enough for me thanks

Guest trusty_left_peg

That Nixon bloke who gets everything right says it will be "off the radar obscure"

Interesting. Someone from the continent then?

It's clear to me that the reason he did not get rid of gray at the end of the season

is because he was waiting for his target to confirm..once this happened gray was out.

Only way gray would have survived was if no suitable replacement became available

then he would have hung around for a bit longer

Guest Ash76

Guess I'm just one of the snooty ones

Yeah, and delusional. Winning first, style second. Besides nothing wrong with West Hams football this season, they only fell away once speculation about his future surfaced

Wouldn't say no to Big Sam but wouldn't make me rush and buy a season ticket if I was undecided.

Got a good track record but his teams are functional and workman like (Not too different to Gray last season).

Not read every post on here this morning but sure Redknapp been mentioned, maybe ten years ago but be a big no from me. The guy is 68 and would only be here for the money if he would come.

Wouldn't say no to Big Sam but wouldn't make me rush and buy a season ticket if I was undecided.

Got a good track record but his teams are functional and workman like (Not too different to Gray last season).

Not read every post on here this morning but sure Redknapp been mentioned, maybe ten years ago but be a big no from me. The guy is 68 and would only be here for the money if he would come.

Redknapp..he wouldn't move to London nevermind up here ffs

It's emerged that Nixon has his finger firmly on the pulse and seems to have got things right most of the time. So what else has he said, that we'd be impressed with some of the targets that have been lined up. Pre selected targets, suggests to me, firstly, that the committee has been doing it's job, and secondly, that it's unlikely to be someone like Sam Allardyce, who I presume, would have no truck with that sort of recruitment. The other thing that Nixon says, is that it will be someone obscure. Does he mean obscure to most of us, but perhaps not in the country where he works. Certainly doesn't sound like Allardyce. Of course, that Nixon chap might have got it all wrong, and might not be any wiser than the rest of us. However, if I was a betting man, I'd wager that the bookies have got this one wrong, it won't be Sam Allardyce

Guest trusty_left_peg

West ham fans have this obsession that they have to play a certain way Big Sam didn't play how they wanted, he has been treated like gray really worse actually as his tenure at whu was a massive success for me West Ham fans may get a shock next season

The "West Ham way" is one of football's biggest myths. He did a great job of getting them out of the Championship and got them to a solid mid table top flight level again.

Edited by trusty_left_peg